Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Virtual reality gimbal head-controled with smartphone

To make it work with real 3d goggles you need to have something that can communicate the gyroscope informations to the phone/tablet. In bluetooth or something else.

92cbec02501f57f9ebb15f99f5fe0a5f.jpg

Awesome! All we need is the helmet and flip lens[emoji16]! Knew it would be a matter of time if and when the gimbal function would be harnessed with head/eye tracking[emoji6]! Count me In!

Reactions: sirnikolas
This is fantastic! You have a whole other market for this which is to attach the phone to a camera head on a tripod and then the camera will follow your pan and tilt. This is what the Movi m15 uses for it's Mimic function which is what you've created. As a cinematographer, I can tell you this will sell like crazy.

is it possible to do this with the 2nd controller while the master control is been use to operate the drone? it would be amazing if there was a possibility to incorporate this with DJI APP and at the same time be use with the master control while flying the drone.

Great work. As a video game developer we have been working on various things with the Rift and Gear VR. A few days ago I was speaking to my friends on the Oculus dev team about integration with drones and controlling the camera, plus stereographic output.

My suggestion would be to look into the Gear VR headset this uses existing Samsung Galaxy phones and the latest phone is super fast and has an amazing screen. The Gear VR also has a small touchpad on the side, which can be used to swipe in various directions to be mapped to some controls, tap and double or triple tap to also control your app. One of the big reasons for this is to remove the fact that you need to tether to a pc, notebook etc and carry that around which is so handy, compared to the Rift and Vive (coming from Valve soon).

main_bg_left.png

Cheers!

Reactions: sirnikolas
I don't know yet, i just wanna see if a lot of people are interested ! I'm not really good in android dev, but I could learn if enough people want it.
Naluh, i would love to have this and I feel a great would pay for this because the alternative is much more expensive. Most can get the money to purchase the bird, but when it comes to accessories or additions (if you will) the money is not there due to the initial purchase, and it looks as if you have the talent to please the masses with this finding. I am a part of a group of UAV enthusiasts who would be interested in this application, so how do we get to try this a make a judgement call?

Great work. As a video game developer we have been working on various things with the Rift and Gear VR. A few days ago I was speaking to my friends on the Oculus dev team about integration with drones and controlling the camera, plus stereographic output.

My suggestion would be to look into the Gear VR headset this uses existing Samsung Galaxy phones and the latest phone is super fast and has an amazing screen. The Gear VR also has a small touchpad on the side, which can be used to swipe in various directions to be mapped to some controls, tap and double or triple tap to also control your app. One of the big reasons for this is to remove the fact that you need to tether to a pc, notebook etc and carry that around which is so handy, compared to the Rift and Vive (coming from Valve soon).

View attachment 2560

Cheers!
+1!

Hello everyone, I am happy to announce a first beta version, i'm gonna share it with a few user here. Only one option so far : dual view (for Virtual reality) or single view if you just want to aim. You may notice that the camera does not move in all axis at the same time ... well there is a big bug in the sdk, you can only choose one direction for the 3 axis of movement. So if you go up-right it's gonna move up and right at the same time, but if you go down right for example, it's gonna move right and then down (or the reverse, depending which way is the more far of the aimed position)

If yes, what kind of feature would you like me to add, and would you be ready to pay for it ?
No problem if I have to pay for it.You put some work in it so paying is normal I think.QUOTE]

Hello everyone, I am happy to announce a first beta version, i'm gonna share it with a few user here. Only one option so far : dual view (for Virtual reality) or single view if you just want to aim. You may notice that the camera does not move in all axis at the same time ... well there is a big bug in the sdk, you can only choose one direction for the 3 axis of movement. So if you go up-right it's gonna move up and right at the same time, but if you go down right for example, it's gonna move right and then down (or the reverse, depending which way is the more far of the aimed position)
will you be sharing a video of it? I would love to see the beta version you have... pretty cool that you have got this far with your project. looking forward to see how much you have advance.

For the people who wants to test, pm me the iOS device you have and your itunes email. Thank you!

Hi,
I tried the new inspire sdk, and after going through their poor documentation and lot of bugs, I made an iphone app to mimic a goggle + accelerometer set. You have to have a google carboard (or similar), you put your phone inside, and the camera move according to your head movements.
I made a (bad) little video to show you how it works :

So far there is no feedback( OSD ) other than the video on the screen, but I could add it. Maybe it is already possible with real 3d goggles? (if yes, which one ?)

Do you think a such app would interest people who use the inspire one ?
If yes, what kind of feature would you like me to add, and would you be ready to pay for it ? (a little participation most likely).

Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan