Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wanting to purchase a 45mm Lens; seeing on DJI.com - (photo only)

Reaction score
I operate a UAV service company in Vancouver BC and we utilize the DJI Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pros commercially. We are looking at acquiring a 45mm lens for our X5 for inspection purposes but have only recently noticed on the DJI supported lenses page that it says (photography only) next to the 45mm lens.

After doing some research on here I am getting a lot of responses mentioned photos work great but videos are coming out shaky or completely unusable.

Anyone have any insight on this or more clarification on the recent limitations added to the DJI page?

Thanks Guys!

I operate a UAV service company in Vancouver BC and we utilize the DJI Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pros commercially. We are looking at acquiring a 45mm lens for our X5 for inspection purposes but have only recently noticed on the DJI supported lenses page that it says (photography only) next to the 45mm lens.

After doing some research on here I am getting a lot of responses mentioned photos work great but videos are coming out shaky or completely unusable.

Anyone have any insight on this or more clarification on the recent limitations added to the DJI page?

Thanks Guys!
I would agree that the 45mm Olympus lens is brilliant for photography especially where you need to stand off from the subject. I have not done a great deal of video as the field of view is too tight to get a useable image when yawing/panning or flying. However, for inspection work where you need to get a close image and video quality is not the issue thenespecially is a good choice. It is also high quality lens.

Thanks Guys!
I truly believe that video performance with Olympus 45mm on X5/X5R camera is a matter of luck. Some Inspire 1 Pro structures are perfectly vibration free, same gimbals are tuned equally well, same don't. Mine works charmingly, both in video and photography. Perhaps I'm lucky for now, as such situation may change for whatever reason (next unfortunate FW update, change in sensitive motor/prop balancing, wear, who knows what). Bottom line: you'll never know until you get one and try. Go for it (B&H Photo, best deal I believe) and keep your receipt just in case. It's an amazing piece of glass, trust me ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool