Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WARNING IOS 11.2.5 Do Not Update.

Reaction score
DJI have released the following

More info on DJI Forum Notice on compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO or D...

46f94fc32b01c2917e8a73b4ca83165b.jpg

Definitely a little harsh but keeping up with iOS (and Android) development is essential since so much of the experience is delivered through it.

Always room for improvement... Always looking for more market. All things considered, I get what they are doing and think DJI has grown in leaps and bounds.

Perfect, no. My go-to for shooting anything aerial

Go app doesn't connect (at all) on my end, everything reads N/A. However, when I reconnect and start up Litchi app everything works, as it should.

Reactions: Eric Gildersleeve
I had an issue where we updated the iPads during a routine backup and didn’t think anything of it. Went out to fly a major grassfire and couldn’t. Worst part and this may be coincidence but one of my I1P RC is now dead. It appears to have bricked the controller. I can control the airframe, camera, but no video and says disconnected. Went through and flashed the iPads back to 11.2.2 and the slave now works as the master. What was interesting to me though is that the bricked controller would not work with the CrystalSky either.

Curious where did you get that warning and if it is a serious as they claim shouldn’t DJI have been proactively emailing all of us registered users as a preemptive safety measure?
They did I think , it might be in your emails trash or something.it comes up as inspire pilots.com

In my opinion iOS has had intermittent connectiveity problems since version 11 was issued. In my case the issue is occasional & is sometimes rectified by shutting everything down, replacing the battery & rebooting. Im quite convinced this is an iOS problem because the RC controls work correctly but control is lost thru the iPad. Switching cables has no effect. It occasionally happens with the I1P in the air but the RC still works & rebooting the App (go or Autopilot) usually restores control.

Reactions: AcesAreWld
This is crappy, now are we just going to sit here until a new update shows up?

Last edited:
Not to excuse DJI for putting iOS users in this mess, but as a potential work around for anyone who might be impacted by this, especially if you fly in cold weather: I recently switched from using an iPad with my Inspire to using a CrystalSky, primarily because it works well down to -4F, while my iPad struggles in the cold. Now that I have the CS, I find that I also really like the very bright display, the external swappable battery, and the solid mount/cable design. Reading this thread has made me realize another benefit of the CrystalSky. It insulates me from these iOS update issues. And since I only use it to run DJI Go, I have no reason to update it's version of Android until DJI make me. And they are much more likely to test their own Apps on their own tablets before forcing upgrades. So, getting a CrystalSky might be worth considering, if you can get over the fact that it rewards DJI financially, which certainly feels wrong in this case.

Reactions: Reno775
Not to excuse DJI for putting iOS users in this mess, but as a potential work around for anyone who might be impacted by this, especially if you fly in cold weather: I recently switched from using an iPad with my Inspire to using a CrystalSky, primarily because it works well down to -4F, while my iPad struggles in the cold. Now that I have the CS, I find that I also really like the very bright display, the external swappable battery, and the solid mount/cable design. Reading this thread has made me realize another benefit of the CrystalSky. It insulates me from these iOS update issues. And since I only use it to run DJI Go, I have no reason to update it's version of Android until DJI make me. And they are much more likely to test their own Apps on their own tablets before forcing upgrades. So, getting a CrystalSky might be worth considering, if you can get over the fact that it rewards DJI financially, which certainly feels wrong in this case.
I think it's a fair excuse to buy a Crystalsky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc