Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weak Signal at close range

Reaction score
Forgive me if I missed it, but I'm new here and couldn't find a post on this.

I went flying with my buddy on Sunday. He's flying a Phantom 2+ and I'm flying my I1. I'd get about 300' up and about 400' away and get "weak signal" warnings on my app and the picture would flicker or drop out. It got especially bad if I stood anywhere near my buddy to see what he was seeing on his screen. His Phantom never gave him any problems at any distance or when I would stand near him.

Ideas?

First of all always keep RC antennas paraller to the I1 ones. In previous versions of Pilot App there is option to choose custom channel so You can use the best one. In the newest one there is only auto.

Mine were parallel. Do you mean keep HIS antennas parallel to mine? I was standing next to him facing the same direction, but I didn't pay attention to what direction his antennas were facing.

First of all always keep RC antennas paraller to the I1 ones. In previous versions of Pilot App there is option to choose custom channel so You can use the best one. In the newest one there is only auto.
No there isn't. Custom channel selection is still there in Android v1.2.0.

I was shooting a job today and had the same experience.. Except I was the ONLY bird around.. The video signal was lagging so badly I really couldn't even film. Then when my batt reached the RTH level, it was lagging so badly I was unable to cancel the RTH function and my inspire climbed to my RTH height . I was in the process of landing her so I am lucky there weren't any trees nearby.. This is unacceptable! The **** thing operated better the first 45 flights. COME ON DJI GET IT TOGETHER

Mine were parallel. Do you mean keep HIS antennas parallel to mine? I was standing next to him facing the same direction, but I didn't pay attention to what direction his antennas were facing.
Paraller to Your I1 antennas (mounted in the legs of the quad)

That's very strange. I have literally 10 minutes ago used custom channel (20) on my own Inspire.
I would uninstall and reinstall the app if I were you.
Just to be sure...... You are running android yes?
I am running the latest AOSP GROGGS WAY ROM Lolipop 5.1.1.

Yup, running 5.1 on an Nvidia Shield here. All working fine and can select custom channel freely.
Maybe something quirky with your DJI Pilot install.
I have three ROMs on my Nexus 7 2013 LTE. I have just checked that on KitKat SLIMROM there is no custom option too. On the third ROM (Lolipop 5.1.1) I have an ancient version 1.03 of the Pilot App and I have no problem with selection custom option.

I have three ROMs on my Nexus 7 2013 LTE. I have just checked that on KitKat SLIMROM there is no custom option too. On the third ROM (Lolipop 5.1.1) I have an ancient version 1.03 of the Pilot App and I have no problem with selection custom option.
Hmmmm.....well I can definitely confirm custom option is still available on v1.2.0 so has to be something with your set up.

That's very strange. I have literally 10 minutes ago used custom channel (20) on my own Inspire.
I would uninstall and reinstall the app if I were you.
Just to be sure...... You are running android yes?
I reinstalled the last version but nothing has changed. Then I installed the previous version and custom option is back. Here is the proove:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-24-22-48-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-24-22-48-35.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 20
I reinstalled the last version but nothing has changed. Then I installed the previous version and custom option is back. Here is the proove:
I believe you but it is something unique to your set up.
Custom channel option has not been removed in the most recent version of the Pilot app.

I believe you but it is something unique to your set up.
Custom channel option has not been removed in the most recent version of the Pilot app.
I have found the solution. The only Android's ROM that works flawlessly with new Pilot App is OMNI ROM 4.4.4. build KTU 84P. Now I have the ability to select custom mode. I will check if the ROM is resistant to the crashing Pilot App issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-25-09-59-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-25-09-59-16.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 14
I have found the solution. The only Android's ROM that works flawlessly with new Pilot App is OMNI ROM 4.4.4. build KTU 84P. Now I have the ability to select custom mode. I will check if the ROM is resistant to the crashing Pilot App issue.
OK, I am glad you found a solution but why is it running flawlessly for me WITH custom channels available on v5.1 Lollipop?

OK, I am glad you found a solution but why is it running flawlessly for me WITH custom channels available on v5.1 Lollipop?
Tell me please which build of LOLIPOP do You have? I have 5.1.1, compilation number LMY47Z and Kernel 3.4.0 ElementalX. IMHO Pilot App works flawlessly only on a specific Lolipop version.

Attachments

• IMG_20150625_123521.jpg
    IMG_20150625_123521.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips