Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What’s going on??

Reaction score
7637D03B-3A43-4682-91F6-FBA395F782F7.png C197A661-0174-42B8-A350-9B0F9EE60C1D.png i am experiencing video loss on my iPad screen. The video recording is intact, but I can’t see what I’m shooting. The screen flickers, goes black or green, or I can only see a small sliver. I have attached 2 pics. Any ideas??

I'll guess your iPad is older than a year old. My Air 2 is beginning to show its age too. Time for a faster iPad (Pro model A10X). My Air 2 only has 16GB RAM and GO 4 is almost 1GB alone which is too much for an app, imho, along with iOS and whatever else is hiding being it is a cellular model connected to T-mobile. I bought it only for the drone and kept sundry app stuff off it.

Fwiw, my old Samsung tablet lagged so bad the screen image was several seconds behind where the drone actually was. I'd look at the screen and up at the drone and it was further than what the screen was telling me. In general use, sometimes I'd press a button and it took a few seconds for it to respond. I suspect background apps were plugging it up before my press would be processed.

Or a different firmware version? I still have an ipad mini2 and it works fine for me. I'm on FW 1.0.9.30 or something like that. That's with a I1 X3 V1.

Well it's quite simple really, DJI have produced these super dooper and super expensive Crystal Sky monitors and want to increase the sales of said monitors.
On the other hand pilots are quite content with iPads and the like, so why would they want to buy a Crystal Sky?
Simple.. Make the Apps and the latest firmware render the iPads etc. useless and pilots will be forced to shell out on a new Crystal Sky!
Oh and while they are at it.. ensure the latest firmware cannot (easily) be rolled back..
Clever strategy to boost the sales of the Crystal Sky don't you think?

My thoughts too. And I have surrendered to it. Bought a CS and paid for it months ago. Now, if they would just ship the darned thing.
(Ultra bright)

Reactions: Cgland
Well it's quite simple really, DJI have produced these super dooper and super expensive Crystal Sky monitors and want to increase the sales of said monitors.
On the other hand pilots are quite content with iPads and the like, so why would they want to buy a Crystal Sky?
Simple.. Make the Apps and the latest firmware render the iPads etc. useless and pilots will be forced to shell out on a new Crystal Sky!
Oh and while they are at it.. ensure the latest firmware cannot (easily) be rolled back..
Clever strategy to boost the sales of the Crystal Sky don't you think?
So cynical - sound more like me every day. :p

Hopefully it won’t be long as they are in the wild out there now, last few days they are popping up, I have a CS and an Ultra CS in order my self that I will be selling but god knowns when they will turn up lol.

One thing you can try that helped me is to turn off video caching. Flying FPV is cpu intensive enough nevermind having to write the video feed to storage at the same time. IT uses a lot of resources.

Reactions: DamesNY and Cgland

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07