Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What Cendence controller iPad/tablet mount are you using?

Reaction score
Just curious what mount some of you are using for the Cendence remote other than the stock one for a iPad/tablet? This is what i came up with using one modification which was drilling a hole in the mounting bracket on a Lifthor tablet holder…26C36925-A3A1-4DE0-B3D0-B0B2859B58B5.jpegB246D8AA-9959-4AD3-AD3C-ACD1C3D7F6CF.jpeg4E30B97F-D548-4BFB-B7A1-814B67C0274F.jpeg

IMHO I think that to use anything less than a CrystalSky (CS) with the great Cendence radio is a mistake. The great thing about the Cendence is that ability to swap batteries when they are low. And then those are the same batteries as the CS. A number of my projects are in cold weather. The battery life of the iPad is really lame compared to the CS. And if the battery level is low [at any time] in the iPad, you need to stop and charge it. And of course there is no comparison of image quality in sunlight (AND no need for a sunshade). The irony is the iPad price is not much different than the CS. Granted you have to deal with the Android OS in the CS, opposed to IOS in an iPad. The bottom line for me is that I would never even think of trying to retro an iPad on to a Cendence. My thoughts.....

IMHO I think that to use anything less than a CrystalSky (CS) with the great Cendence radio is a mistake. The great thing about the Cendence is that ability to swap batteries when they are low. And then those are the same batteries as the CS. A number of my projects are in cold weather. The battery life of the iPad is really lame compared to the CS. And if the battery level is low [at any time] in the iPad, you need to stop and charge it. And of course there is no comparison of image quality in sunlight (AND no need for a sunshade). The irony is the iPad price is not much different than the CS. Granted you have to deal with the Android OS in the CS, opposed to IOS in an iPad. The bottom line for me is that I would never even think of trying to retro an iPad on to a Cendence. My thoughts.....
It’s not a mistake. The Crystalsky is far outdated, laggy and running on old software. Anything newer far surpasses its performance. It was good back in its day but now there are much better options. I have a brand new iPad Pro 11” and lasts for hours without needing to be charged way beyond what is needed to accomplish whatever i am doing with the drone. Plus to run good apps such as Litchi it constantly crashes…because it sucks with newer software. So I’m glad you are partial to Crystalsky as i have owned 3 of them in my lifetime and very aware of its existence and what it can or cannot do…it’s not the question i asked. Also the Cendence can charge the display thus no different swapping batteries to support both items. Remote has a “Smart” charging function to keep the display charged. So battery swapping isn’t any different.

Last edited:
It’s not a mistake. The Crystalsky is far outdated, laggy and running on old software. Anything newer far surpasses its performance. It was good back in its day but now there are much better options. I have a brand new iPad Pro 11” and lasts for hours without needing to be charged way beyond what is needed to accomplish whatever i am doing with the drone. Plus to run good apps such as Litchi it constantly crashes…because it sucks with newer software. So I’m glad you are partial to Crystalsky as i have owned 3 of them in my lifetime and very aware of its existence and what it can or cannot do…it’s not the question i asked. Also the Cendence can charge the display thus no different swapping batteries to support both items. Remote has a “Smart” charging function to keep the display charged. So battery swapping isn’t any different.
Am glad to hear that you have looked at all aspects of your decision. I actually have always believed that all UAS components are likely outdated by the time they reach the market. But that said, I still contend that the display visibility of the CS (and I do not even have the brightest) simply cannot be matched with an iPad. And whether it is an iPad or iPhone, cold weather is a killer. And in the event that you forget to charge up the iPad for the project, that is also a killer since takes a stupid amount of time to get the iPad charged. The one thing that I have found a bit frustrating with the iPad is the latency. Setting a few times that the CS needed to reboot while in flight, my choice is the CS. I only wish that DJI would have provided an IOS option though.

Am glad to hear that you have looked at all aspects of your decision. I actually have always believed that all UAS components are likely outdated by the time they reach the market. But that said, I still contend that the display visibility of the CS (and I do not even have the brightest) simply cannot be matched with an iPad. And whether it is an iPad or iPhone, cold weather is a killer. And in the event that you forget to charge up the iPad for the project, that is also a killer since takes a stupid amount of time to get the iPad charged. The one thing that I have found a bit frustrating with the iPad is the latency. Setting a few times that the CS needed to reboot while in flight, my choice is the CS. I only wish that DJI would have provided an IOS option though.
Oh trust me i loved the visual aspects of it. I've owned 3 and sold my last 2. Unfortunately i prefer to use Litchi and it crashes often no matter what i try. I also like the ease of installing apps. Also my ipad charges very fast. Has USB-C and i have an after market charger that will fully charge my ipad in about 20/25 minutes. I agree the latency sucks. I wish DJI would come out with a Crystalsky 2. I'd buy it in a heart beat. Most people have gone to a Tripletek which i may consider later which is an excellent replacement for the Crystalsky but doesnt mount directly to the Cendence.

TRIPLTEK 8 inch PRO​

Screen Size

8 inches

Display Brightness

1200 nits sustained

Display Resolution

2560 by 1600 pixels

Memory RAM

8 GB

Memory Storage

256 GB storage

Smartphone call function