Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What is needed to watch 4K video from the micro SD.

Reaction score
I have been looking for a way to watch 4k video from the Micro SD card. I thought that I could just buy a 4k TV or 4K monitor and found that isn't so I can't find information on my lap top so it is doubtful I could just hook it up even though it does have a HDMI port.
So what do you use, everything I tried to find information on kept running me around in circles.
Someone said the 4k tv's have micro SD ports on the side but I couldn't find any.

I have been looking for a way to watch 4k video from the Micro SD card. I thought that I could just buy a 4k TV or 4K monitor and found that isn't so I can't find information on my lap top so it is doubtful I could just hook it up even though it does have a HDMI port.
So what do you use, everything I tried to find information on kept running me around in circles.
Someone said the 4k tv's have micro SD ports on the side but I couldn't find any.
...Richard, i use VLC v221 ( http://www.videolan.org/ ) thats a windows media player/prog, then you could dump it to
an HDMI, DVI etc..etc port.. from there to any TV, Monitor or Display... (obviously the host sys will have to have the Hp)
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

...Richard, i use VLC v221 ( http://www.videolan.org/ ) thats a windows media player/prog, then you could dump it to
an HDMI, DVI etc..etc port.. from there to any TV, Monitor or Display... (obviously the host sys will have to have the Hp)
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
Yes I use VLC now but it's not the software I am concerned with I don't know if I can just hook my computer to a 4k TV it has an HDMI port and is a newer computer. But I don't know if the computer would run 4K it won't on the lap top screen, I keep hearing you need all this special stuff like graphic card and such but most that info is coming from game sites. I was hoping it would be as easy as hooking my computer to a 4k tv and popping in the Mini SD card. My computer has a newer Quad core A10 processor.

Yes I use VLC now but it's not the software I am concerned with I don't know if I can just hook my computer to a 4k TV it has an HDMI port and is a newer computer. But I don't know if the computer would run 4K it won't on the lap top screen, I keep hearing you need all this special stuff like graphic card and such but most that info is coming from game sites. I was hoping it would be as easy as hooking my computer to a 4k tv and popping in the Mini SD card. My computer has a newer Quad core A10 processor.
...Richard, i wont imply that i'm some sort of expert like many here do.. thats where the Hp (Horse Power) comes in.. i use
my rather dated desktop, it has Radeon 6970 series video card runs the video just fine.. the default 4k video captured by
the inspire is at 60mbit so again it does require some horse power... Special Equip/Stuff? i dunno bout that.. 4k has the
Ooohh Awww factor i suppose.. try lowering the resolution.. moving video? UHD vs FHD? c'mon... save the 4k for hi res
still images......... OR UpGrade your hardware... (thats my 2cents worth)...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

...,btw even with my current desktop sys, VLC <v221 had issues with the 4k/60mbit video

I bought a 4k TV and it would not play the 4K videos from the computer. After doing a little research I found that all I had to do is buy a USB SD card read/write adapter. (Under $10 for a 3.0 USB adapter) and hook it directly to the TV's 3.0 USB port. .No need to even use the computer. I am a happy camper now.

I bought a 4k TV and it would not play the 4K videos from the computer. After doing a little research I found that all I had to do is buy a USB SD card read/write adapter. (Under $10 for a 3.0 USB adapter) and hook it directly to the TV's 3.0 USB port. .No need to even use the computer. I am a happy camper now.
...to each 'is own...

Yep pretty much any 4K TV will be able to read the files straight from the SD card, of course with an appropriate USB card reader.

As to the computer specs are rarely given so just connect through HDMI and see what resolutions are available in the control panel.

Yep pretty much any 4K TV will be able to read the files straight from the SD card, of course with an appropriate USB card reader.

As to the computer specs are rarely given so just connect through HDMI and see what resolutions are available in the control panel.
Yes I wasted a lot of time trying to see if my computer would support a 4k monitor. I even had a monitor on order and canceled it after reading all the things on the Internet need run 4k from a computer. Walking through Wally World they had a 50" 4k uhd TV for the same price I was going to pay for a 4k 28" Computer monitor that wouldn't have worked anyway. Heck they should have a USB SD card reader come with the Inspire and phantom 3 as they are so cheap anyways.

I have just had the same problem wanting to watch my 2.7k drone footage stored on
a micro sd card. I ordered 2 types of 4k card reader to HDMI out socket but neither worked. I have just bought a 4k TV to watch them.
I have found if you transfer the files to a high speed USB memory stick and plug that into the TV (assuming it has one and a media player of some sort) I can now watch my videos.

Some TVs have a SD Card Reader. My Smart TV comes with one.
Just use the micro to SD adapter
You can also use MicroSD to USB reader and insert it into the Smart TVs USB A port

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle