What other hobbies do you have?

Container Home Building and land at a good price.

Getting Money

My apologies @MrTVR

See you around Big Homie

Last edited:

I had a mk2 sandmaster i ran on my brothers fixed wing competition fuel. iIt used to blow full size cars away under 60 mph haha

Also another RC flyer here, Fly fisherman, 3d printing, beach combing, hiking, BMX/ Cycling and doing up old motors. Im currently restoring a LWB suzuki Sj that is just a tad more rusty than it looked initially And a 205 Gti when i can afford to finish it.

When you list the stuff you get up to like this it really does make you wonder how you have the time.

I add nothing new to the list of hobbies, but scoured the thread looking for a trebuchet hobbyist that competed, I think in Deleware sometime in Nov. for the nationals. I thought for sure this forum would turn up a trebuchet devotee. LOL

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Hmmm, 225 feet is no mere distance. My tests for accuracy of pistols is 25 yards, what phenomenal accuracy. I dare say, William Tell's son would surely allow you the apple shot. LOL

I love establishing and maintaining my aquariums. There's nothing like that feeling of pure joy you get from looking at a new or re-done aquarium. I enjoy watching my fish more than television.

Hiking backpacking camping kayaking mounting biking shooting guns/target shooting

Photography. It's a relatively "easy" hobby and when you take pictures it usually means you've never been to that specific place before. Keeps things fresh and new.

I'm going to pick up camping/hiking as a hobby. I operate day to day with a base level of stress that I think is way too high. I've worked hard my whole life to have a stable home and life for myself and my wife, and while I think we're doing a good job of that, I still have a lot of anxiety when I think about how fragile everything is. I have a never ending to do list, and when I'm not doing something on that list (like working on a hobby, or just sitting around) I feel guilty.
Mind you I'm not complaining, I understand that my situation is better than many. But my brain is firing away 24/7 and never gets a break even when I'm trying to relax.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoreySnipes
I think somebody had it before, but avid scuba diver here as well! I'm happiest when I'm 90 feet below MSL or 90 feet AGL ?

Hiking is great for this, in my opinion. A good walk in the woods really helps clear my head.

I'm not active with it currently (thanks COVID) but one of my favorite non-work things is getting together with people to play old-time, bluegrass, and American roots music. Especially porch jams, potlucks, campfires, festivals, and other informal gatherings. I'm not usually a performer but here's a shot of me (upright bass) with some friends between old Christmas songs in Zoar, Ohio a couple of years ago.

Racing cars, flying planes (real ones), photography (stills), long range target shooting

Old thread revised... Hmmm? Looking forward & planning sUAV little business after Retirement of 30+ yrs IT... 3+ yrs counting.
Cycling, Weights, Shooting, Gun Shows, revamping old MacPros, learning video editors & 3D modeling maps, Road trips, entertaining & frustrating Wife! Humor in all... gotta laugh at yourself!