Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

what screen device would be best for the inspire

from info here I am settled at the ipad mini 16gig and for me that s 329.00each

iPads fit the holder. The iPad 4 is seriously heavy though. Not sure I'd want that hanging off my tx.
I don't own and Inspire 1 but I did side load DJI-Pilot.APK to my Nexus 7 running Lollipop 5.0.1 with out an issue.

Can you fly without the iPad to check it out if so how do you cal the compass toggle the switch like the phantom ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think you need any of these screens unless you want to run the 2 apps .like the phantom just the controller no fpv
that's how most of started

I don't own and Inspire 1 but I did side load DJI-Pilot.APK to my Nexus 7 running Lollipop 5.0.1 with out an issue.

Same here. The true test will be when the HD video feeds into the screen. Nexus 7s are know to be quite capable.

So, regarding the kindle fire. The only connection is the mini usb plug used for charging. Will this take a input from the RC on the Inspire? Just thinking ahead

I got an email form DJI regarding the best screen to use with the inspire 1 and its the apple mini ipad 2 no androids
they said that what they tested the inspire with
So I guess its 2 ipad mini2 's

Of course it has something to do with the ports!!! The only one on the Fire is mini USB and,as far as I can see it's only for charging not for display input. I can launch the app but have no idea whether or not IT will take input from the RC

I have been trying to get an answer to that very question for a while now, to no avail. It's the same deal with my LG Android tablet. All I see to go on is they say Android is supported too, and there is an android app.

'no androids
So I guess its 2 ipad mini2 's'

That statement I don't understand. There's an android app. You mean to say an android tablet won't work? There isn't even a release of the ios pilot app and there is one for android! No one has hooked up an android tablet via USB to see if the fpv video stream works???

I have been trying to get an answer to that very question for a while now, to no avail. It's the same deal with my LG Android tablet. All I see to go on is they say Android is supported too, and there is an android app.

'no androids
So I guess its 2 ipad mini2 's'

That statement I don't understand. There's an android app. You mean to say an android tablet won't work? There isn't even a release of the ios pilot app and there is one for android! No one has hooked up an android tablet via USB to see if the fpv video stream works???
I'm confused as well. I've read the same Info as you until someone gets their inspire and connects to the RC we won't know. The schematics I've read on the Fire leads me to believe no video input thru the charge connection. WE WILL see soon

I'm not sure the kindle fire is the same as a typical Android tablet. Aside from connection, it's a question of kindle fire support. We're after the same info, but different platforms I think.

True. I'm hoping I don't need to buy another tablet. Wife got it for me. This app 're quite requires a much larger screen then the iPhone 6 which I use on the PTV2.

None of the tablets need a video input for display. The communication between the tablet and the transmitter is a data stream that is decoded by the app running on the tablet. If your tablet supports 2-way data (and all of them do) then the app will work if your tablet meets the other requirements for CPU, RAM etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth