Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

what screen device would be best for the inspire

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would have an opinion on what is the best 2 screens to buy for the inspire.
There are a lot of small tablets available with android 4.4 some with hdmi and some with soso
resolution,the apple stuff is too expensive ,I feel an android device will do ok

After spending that money on the inspire , I would like to buy the right 2 screens ,I have been holding off until it comes
that way it can be returned real quick like from dell or walmart
There are android devices 4.4 android,7 in display hdmi and usb wifi and a long battery for about 119.00 cad each
and that price it goes up like 179.00 dell or 329 apple--that's a lot just to use a screen and a matching 2 apps.
I feel I will probably go android and I don't think you need a lot of ram as its going to run one app in each device

I just wonder if my LG tablet will work. I don't have hdmi in, or hdmi at all on this tablet. I have micro USB that can be used but not sure what direction the video stream is coming from. The LG can support sync over the micro USB, but not sure if it can support video stream input. Someone needs to do a video of the smart device hookup and how exactly it works for inputting fpv, and not just with an ipad, but an android tablet too via USB too.

it will work only if an android app or and os7 app will run on it, i have an hp 10 in tablet win7 and its useless

Okay so my Android tablet will work because I've already have the pilot app open. Windows isn't supported. But you do need a USB cable from the RC to the tablet for fpv/light bridge right?

I was hoping someone would have an opinion on what is the best 2 screens to buy for the inspire.
There are a lot of small tablets available with android 4.4 some with hdmi and some with soso
resolution,the apple stuff is too expensive ,I feel an android device will do ok

Buy a refurbished Apple Ipad 3 Wifi with Retina display around $239 . It's little on the heavy side but that will be you best " screen"

I own both android tablets and IOS. Ipads are just sharper.

well the ipad would be nice but a mini is going to cost me 339.00 each and I can get 2 androids for 119.00 each and you are right the display won't be the best but it will work .
In my case this will be the only use for the display on the rc controller for inspire 1.
I have an ipad2 64gig and I don't really want to use it for flying and video I would prefer dedicated equipment.
The one thing going well here is I will have 30 days thereabouts to try this either keep whayt I buy or buy better

Tahoe Ed has said that for iPad you need an A7 CPU or better for a good experience. So, iPad Air / Air 2 or iPad Mini 2 or 3.
For Android, he has said that memory is important. 2GB I think he said. I doubt that any of the cheapo Android tablets will have more than 1GB.

ok sounds good ,I did not realize the ram was important,so maybe the ipad mini 2 or 3 16gig would be the way to invest

If you buy an iPad or mini iPad it must have the A7 chip in it........which sucks because I have both with the A5:mad:

Tahoe Ed has said that for iPad you need an A7 CPU or better for a good experience. So, iPad Air / Air 2 or iPad Mini 2 or 3.
For Android, he has said that memory is important. 2GB I think he said. I doubt that any of the cheapo Android tablets will have more than 1GB.

Hmm it loads fine on my 4th generation iPad A6 cpu

iPads fit the holder. The iPad 4 is seriously heavy though. Not sure I'd want that hanging off my tx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop