Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Who here has a perfectly operating Inspire 2 after the latest updates ?

Reaction score
So who here has a perfectly operating inspire 2 X5s setup after the most recent DJI firmware and app updates ?

If you do can you please tell me what your setup is because mine is crap now ?

Thanks guys

So who here has a perfectly operating inspire 2 X5s setup after the most recent DJI firmware and app updates ?

If you do can you please tell me what your setup is because mine is crap now ?

Thanks guys
Had a controller error data, fixed it by resetting the radio and pairing again with ac. Several bat by flying without issues.

Had a controller error data, fixed it by resetting the radio and pairing again with ac. Several bat by flying without issues.

I never saw a controller error data warning.
Ok so tell me what your ambient temps were and iPad mini you are using ?
Oh yeah what firmware and app are you using and how much flight time did you get before your video feed crapped out ?

I never saw a controller error data warning.
Ok so tell me what your ambient temps were and iPad mini you are using ?
Oh yeah what firmware and app are you using and how much flight time did you get before your video feed crapped out ?
28 c. , iPad mini 4, latest FW , 0 flight, was the first one after update. With the video feed I didn't have any issues. Hope it helps you.

Hello gents, I've been out of the country a few days and my I2 is sitting at home. Has there been a new firmware update within the last two weeks? Thanks in advance.

No worries. I am not with my I2 at the moment so I was not sure what you mean. I will go to the Google machine on the Intertubes and have a look. Thanks.
Good luck delta, one anecdote, I love my I2, it's a Munster machine, i can't camper it with no drone I ever have. You must know how maintaining it , update and active, to avoid accidents.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I've flown for just over two hours on the latest updates (I2, dual transmitters and all batteries, plus latest DJI Go on iOS) and not had any problems at all (touches wood quickly). We only saw one CPU overload message on an iPhone 7 plus prior to these updates, and none since (iPad Pro 10.5" and iPhone 7 Plus) and no other errors.

my equipment: I2 with X5S, nvidia Shield K1. DJI products all updated to latest firmware (bird, cam, battery x4, controller x1), tablet in latest factory OS (no custom ROM)

Only have 1 flight test (~1.5 hours) so far, no speical error/warning on the bird and controller. Only Go4 app crashed 3-4 times during flight.

Also experience the Go4 app response laggy when switching to Spotlight mode while internal shield screen-recording turns on. I don't have previous experience with the screen-recording together with Go4 app before the upgrade so can't comment if they are related or not

Before I put the tape on the box I did a little test with my I2 for smiles....

iPad mini 4 and latest app / firmware but this time I hooked a monitor to the HDMI port at the same time..
After 8 min of flight the iPad started to [get hot] crap out as it's been doing since the updates "but" the HDMI video feed remained crystal clear without any visible latency...hmmmm

Now to test the iPhone 6s
Iphone 6s gets laggy and super hot in 10 min [never happened before updates] but the HDMI monitor shows zero video lag...

Who else has an opinion because it flys like a dream without the iPhone or iPad conected and just the monitor for video. ?

What is the ambient temperature where you are flying?

When the i devices get hot they will throttle the CPU speed which leads to the lag and video issues you mention.

When the i devices get hot they will throttle the CPU speed which leads to the lag and video issues you mention.

Good point Mark. I've had my iPad Mini 4 get warm but I do not get the video loss as it has a better and faster processor. It would be interesting to try this with the new iPad Pro 10.5 and see if it becomes warmer after being put through the paces.

It does this in 75*f ambient , the issue started as soon as I did the updates and happens on both my two iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6s.

Not much of a heat issue with the Air 2. Guess it being larger it dissipates the heat better than a smaller device. It's also white and not oven-mitt black. I've used it up to 100 degrees outdoors.

However, the processor in the Air 2 is old and out of production so I expect it to being failing in video feed soon.

I don't use the small devices as I use Autopilot and need the larger screen to draw routes on. It eats a lot of screen real estate too. Besides, I got big hands and fingers and they really hate small screens.

Fwiw, yesterday it was so hot I could barely hold onto the black legs of the I2. Need an oven-mitt for it too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin