Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Who here has a perfectly operating Inspire 2 after the latest updates ?

Not much of a heat issue with the Air 2. Guess it being larger it dissipates the heat better than a smaller device. It's also white and not oven-mitt black. I've used it up to 100 degrees outdoors.

However, the processor in the Air 2 is old and out of production so I expect it to being failing in video feed soon.

I don't use the small devices as I use Autopilot and need the larger screen to draw routes on. It eats a lot of screen real estate too. Besides, I got big hands and fingers and they really hate small screens.

Fwiw, yesterday it was so hot I could barely hold onto the black legs of the I2. Need an oven-mitt for it too.

But did you do all the updates ?

But did you do all the updates ?
Yes. Everything is current.

I live in the desert and carry a Frogg-Toggs Chill Pad and a bottle of water to wet it and put it on the back of the Air 2 in case it gets hot. Never had to use it...yet.

However, I have had my Nikon DSLR LCD screen go inky black on top of it out in the same conditions. Once it cooled down it worked again, but it is a black body so it gets too hot as does the black tripod I attach it too (More oven mitts needed.). It has to stay under a thermal blanket at times from the sun's heat.

Last edited:
So I found the solution, the screw up is the latest DJI app update which would not work with my 2 iPad mini and iPhone 6s without turning the video feed to crap...

So I bought a new iPad Pro 10.5" and it works perfectly now....

DJI lie about their compatibility to other products with their apps and firmware updates, the fact that the video feed from the HDMI was perfect and not the iPad mini proves that they screwed iPad mini owners with their new update..

DJI have screwed themselves out of my two ordered Crystal Sky monitors....

So how does the 10.5" fit in your holder? Some say it does. Others say no. I'm going to need to replace my Air 2 by Xmas with one I fear as it is beginning to break up now. It might last a couple of years the way DJI is going which I can live with.

DJI isn't to be relied on in their literature as to what works. I have stuff on their "Approved list" and it sucks for breaking up the feed. Their list is so old in print that their newest updates should have wiped some of them off by now. I'm not holding much faith in their Crystal Sky monitors for working for very long either. GO is becoming just too big for its own good.

Reactions: ronin rs211
So how does the 10.5" fit in your holder? Some say it does. Others say no. I'm going to need to replace my Air 2 by Xmas with one I fear as it is beginning to break up now. It might last a couple of years the way DJI is going which I can live with.

DJI isn't to be relied on in their literature as to what works. I have stuff on their "Approved list" and it sucks for breaking up the feed. Their list is so old in print that their newest updates should have wiped some of them off by now. I'm not holding much faith in their Crystal Sky monitors for working for very long either. GO is becoming just too big for its own good.

It just squeaks in but I ordered an extender for it just to be safe along with the right size Hoodman.
Yeah I had two crystal sky monitors on order and canceled them. I could only imagine dealing with the crap apps again.

No more updates for me ever..

It just squeaks in but I ordered an extender for it just to be safe along with the right size Hoodman.
Yeah I had two crystal sky monitors on order and canceled them. I could only imagine dealing with the crap apps again.

No updates ever? Your iOS devices are old. They can not perform. I have newer iOS devices and have no problems at all. It comes down to the processors trying to run the Go App which is becoming very large and requires more code.

I've had no problems with the latest app and my iPad Mini 4, the Mini 2/3 are getting a bit marginal for Go 4, but the 4 is still fine.

Exactly. I'm using an iPad Mini 4. I use an iPhone 6 Plus with my Spark. I haven't noticed any significant issues but I haven't flown the Spark much with the 6P.

Good to know it barely fits.

I was wondering about those two screws under the upper clamp if they could be removed and if the top comes off, make a plastic shim and add longer screws to raise it a bit? I have that external $15 clamp I used on an older Samsung that was too big, but it was awful to try and fold it up to fit into the case and it was very tight on mine to remove and shove back on without tearing off that foam pad on the upper clamp.

Too bad DJI doesn't make a taller clamp assembly for 10.+" tablets as an add-on device since the stock clamp unit can come off.

Did a long flight yesterday (see my movie) and no issues. Just one transmission lost issue but that was understandable due to obstructions (houses).
No further issues

Last edited:
Maybe they are doing this on purpose thinking it will push people to the crystal sky devices. Make the Apple stuff not work well, but make their product work amazing.

Apple products have traditionally worked better than other products with DJI products. iOS works well but if the iPads and iPhones have processors that aren't up to the task doesn't make it Apple's or DJI's fault.

Apple products have traditionally worked better than other products with DJI products. iOS works well but if the iPads and iPhones have processors that aren't up to the task doesn't make it Apple's or DJI's fault.
I feel that it does make DJI responsible since the iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6s are pretty current models. Not like folks are trying to use an iPhone 4 or 5.

I haven't tried to update yet. But will try it and see how my iPhone 6s and my iPad Pro work after the upgrade.

I get it that technology doesn't last forever as apps and OS's increase functionality and demands on the systems but when your using fairly current technology one shouldn't have to worry about it having that much of a change between one update and another.

I feel that it does make DJI responsible since the iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6s are pretty current models. Not like folks are trying to use an iPhone 4 or 5.

I haven't tried to update yet. But will try it and see how my iPhone 6s and my iPad Pro work after the upgrade.

I get it that technology doesn't last forever as apps and OS's increase functionality and demands on the systems but when your using fairly current technology one shouldn't have to worry about it having that much of a change between one update and another.

My iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone 7s Plus all work fine. Haven't tried the iPad Pro 10.5 but I'm sure it will work fine.

I bought the newer just "iPad" Wifi-Cellular and have had no issues since then. Prior to that I had an iPad mini 2 +Cell and it worked great till "the update" that outdated it. I think it is well established that it is the iPads which are quickly becoming out-dated because of the software updates.

I've always been one to stay on the cutting edge of updates (normally regret that later) but I think I'll sit back for now because my I2 is running flawlessly and I have some pretty good clients I can't afford to let down. - Rule #1, always listen to Buck. Rule #2, never update prior to a job where you can't test first. Rule #3, bring a backup drone & iPad/iPhone.

Peace

f2f44f7586b7b6b5acbd34e6ce3cf077.png

After the latest update. Carbon fiber blades, iPad Mini 4, 10km plus (probably could have made 11km). If you're not getting similar numbers, you can't blame it on the update. I do happen to live near the sea and its calm but these are very typical results.

I2,X5S, Galaxy Tab A, Dual controllers
Flew 29 flights on 5 different jobs using all the latest firmware and GO4 app
No issues flying, RC connection, or Video feed on either controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb