Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Who here has a perfectly operating Inspire 2 after the latest updates ?

I feel that it does make DJI responsible since the iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6s are pretty current models. Not like folks are trying to use an iPhone 4 or 5.

I haven't tried to update yet. But will try it and see how my iPhone 6s and my iPad Pro work after the upgrade.

I get it that technology doesn't last forever as apps and OS's increase functionality and demands on the systems but when your using fairly current technology one shouldn't have to worry about it having that much of a change between one update and another.

The fix was me going out and spending another $728.00 for an iPad Pro after DJI made my iPad mini and iPhone 6s obsolete with the new app and firmware update...

The crack team of Benjamins in my now thinner wallet fixed it... As I said before no one at DJI are of any help when it comes to the issues DJI create..

Flew today with my "NEW" iPad Pro and got some great video, no thanks to DJI.

The fix was me going out and spending another $728.00 for an iPad Pro after DJI made my iPad mini and iPhone 6s obsolete with the new app and firmware update...

The crack team of Benjamins in my now thinner wallet fixed it... As I said before no one at DJI are of any help when it comes to the issues DJI create..

Flew today with my "NEW" iPad Pro and got some great video, no thanks to DJI.

What. It's DJI's fault that people want more and more features and Apple's hardware can't keep up? Really? By your logic, the Go App should run on the original iPhone and iPad then. It's called progress and it comes at a price. I usually upgrade to new devices, iPads, iPhones, Mac Book Pros yearly because I want the latest and greatest (subjective for sure). My current iPad Mini 4 will sure reach the point where it will no longer run the Go App trouble free and I will simply upgrade.

I was asking if someone could do this. Not telling someone to do it. And asking if it´s possible, because I don´t knnow.
Why are you that agressive man?

What's aggressive about asking you to do this yourself? If you want to know if it's possible to roll back to previous versions, the answer is yes. You can use the DJI Assistant app to roll back the drone firmware. As for the Go App, you need to have saved a copy of the previous version and reinstall it.

My first language is not english, so I´m not starting a semantic discussion here. But the intention of your words can be clearly read and they were far from polite.
BTW thanks for the information. Only that had been perfect. Pointing a wrong intention in my question ("do you want someone to be your test subject?") was a useless add on.

My first language is not english, so I´m not starting a semantic discussion here. But the intention of your words can be clearly read and they were far from polite.
BTW thanks for the information. Only that had been perfect. Pointing a wrong intention in my question ("do you want someone to be your test subject?") was a useless add on.

It's often hard to understand the intention behind written words which is why I initially addressed only what you wrote. Upon reading your reply, I realized that your context was for something else, hence my additional information about about rolling back. With that being said, I've seen nothing detrimental with the latest update. If you look, you will see that I flew over 11km yesterday and lost no RC connection and had only one video drop but it picked up again at about 5km out. Pretty decent I think. I did use a pair of wind surfers and they seem to work for me.

I have noticed however, that reception is easily lost. Where I have no issues with the Mavic, is the I2 a lot more sensitive to where you fly. Dunno if it is the trees because the distance is less then a mile

IMG_4877.JPG

OK
Thanks for that information deltalimatango
The issues we have after the latest FW/APP update are "cpu fully loaded" alert and app closing midair. Even though we are still dealing with an HDMI issue, everything was running just fine with the previous FW/APP. We are using ipad mini2 and before the latest upgrade, they seemed to be enough. That´s why we were thinking in the downgrade while we update our hardware.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I have noticed however, that reception is easily lost. Where I have no issues with the Mavic, is the I2 a lot more sensitive to where you fly. Dunno if it is the trees because the distance is less then a mile

View attachment 14841

e87dbb7067a5775e4506c92ec5d89a72.png

I'm out over the sea. I was at 149m in height as well. I went out to 5km or so in Sports mode and came back in P mode. I had one video drop at about 4km for maybe a few seconds but never an RC communication drop. The Mavic uses a different communications technology which might explain the more stable link.

OK
Thanks for that information deltalimatango
The issues we have after the latest FW/APP update are "cpu fully loaded" alert and app closing midair. Even though we are still dealing with an HDMI issue, everything was running just fine with the previous FW/APP. We are using ipad mini2 and before the latest upgrade, they seemed to be enough. That´s why we were thinking in the downgrade while we update our hardware.

I'm using an iPad Mini 4 with no issues. I was getting that CPU fully loaded error but not any more. I can test it later in the week if you can wait. I only have my Spark with me now. Just a guess, but I assume DJI fixed the issue that was causing the error. If you have an iPhone 7, use that with the Go App and see if you get errors. That should more or less isolate the problem.

Reactions: Ale Reynoso
Could somene roll back to previous FW/APP to see if that fix all the problems?
Is it possible?
You can't roll back the firmware once you update it, a older version of the app restricts the flight height and distance...
DJI have forced people to buy new phones and tablets if they want to fly.

Reactions: Eric
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the current firmware, the update introduced huge latency on my iPad Mini, killed one of the lipos (reporting a broken cell), and spotlight mode seems really jerky now. bummer.

Reactions: ronin rs211
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the current firmware, the update introduced huge latency on my iPad Mini, killed one of the lipos (reporting a broken cell), and spotlight mode seems really jerky now. bummer.
I just tried my iPad mini on the slave remote and iPad Pro on the main to see if there were a back to back difference while on the bench and after 10 min the iPad mini was almost too hot to touch along with the 3 second video lag while the "new forced to update" iPad Pro was just slightly warm with zero visible lag.... All due to the DJI app and firmware update and now to buy another iPad Pro for the slave RC.... Thanks so much DJI.....oh yeah you lost my two Crystal Sky orders.

My I pad air 2 with inspire 2 is getting very hot too. It is in the mid 90's here though but I wasn't having the problem before the latest update. I have had the CPU overloaded message several times. On the dji forums, the moderators are saying to stay in the shade with the controller. They also claim the engineers are working on a fix but have no idea how long it will take. On another thread on the same forum they say too upgrade to I pad pro or crystal sky. I wonder which response is the truth.

My I pad air 2 with inspire 2 is getting very hot too. It is in the mid 90's here though but I wasn't having the problem before the latest update. I have had the CPU overloaded message several times. On the dji forums, the moderators are saying to stay in the shade with the controller. They also claim the engineers are working on a fix but have no idea how long it will take. On another thread on the same forum they say too upgrade to I pad pro or crystal sky. I wonder which response is the truth.

The problem is not DJI per se as some continue to whine about. The problem is that as feature sets grow and grow and users demand more and more performance, the current level of iPads, outside of the iPad Mini 4, and the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch, there is a chance that you will experience some performance problems. There is a good chance that some of the current code in the DJI GO App is also causing problems. However, I have updated my iPad Mini 4, and my iPhone 6S Plus to the latest GO App and I have not had the error return. Unfortunately you might need to upgrade to new hardware to run error free.

Reactions: N.J.
I updated the Go4 app yesterday and flew once immediately after. Received one CPU Full warning without recorded glitches. At 1500 feet away at an altitude of 200 feet, the IPad Mini 4 screen stuttered and the video on the screen went blank. The I2 was still under control with no frame glitches noted.

While somewhat improved over performance in June, the system is not back to functioning as it did previously.

I updated the Go4 app yesterday and flew once immediately after. Received one CPU Full warning without recorded glitches. At 1500 feet away at an altitude of 200 feet, the IPad Mini 4 screen stuttered and the video on the screen went blank. The I2 was still under control with no frame glitches noted.

While somewhat improved over performance in June, the system is not back to functioning as it did previously.

Hey Barry, what device are you using? It seems that on the newer iOS devices the warning isn't returning. I tried it on three devices and I didn't get the warning. Are you using an older iPad?

I'm using the a IPad Mini 4 with no other programs other than Mail in the background. I'm using a sunshade as well. The outside temp was 87.

Granted this is an improvement, but it is still not right. Yesterday, on another forum, it was noted that the error occurred with the new IPad Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44