Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

Though FPV is fun and really awesome, you guys do realize that you can't see above, below, to the sides, or behind you right? I did FPV for a long time, and that's when I crashed the most. I eventually moved a monitor to my transmitter like the Inspire does now, and crashes came to a complete stop. So they way we have it is the safest way. You need to have line of site. That being said, the Headplay would be sweet for a second operator just running the camera.

Though FPV is fun and really awesome, you guys do realize that you can't see above, below, to the sides, or behind you right? I did FPV for a long time, and that's when I crashed the most. I eventually moved a monitor to my transmitter like the Inspire does now, and crashes came to a complete stop. So they way we have it is the safest way. You need to have line of site. That being said, the Headplay would be sweet for a second operator just running the camera.

Come on, Chad, give us some credit. We're not totally clueless. Well, most of us aren't, anyway. :p

Maybe it's already been covered. As I posted my message I noticed that there were 1 pages of threads. I won't deny that I want to try the headplay system! But I also know that a lot can go wong if you're flyng in the wrong place. Man, I have crashed a lot! But I was also flying an XProHeli XP2 that I could easily fix myself. Anyway, there are most likely some people that have no clue that something could go wrong LOL. So I nag for the ones that know not the danger to their Inspires. Just keep it to an open field if you are piloting your Inspire with goggles on.

If anyone has what you consider to be a great hdmi mini cable for the HPHD to inspire setup, would you please post a link? Thanks in advance!

Expecting my Headplays in a week or two (crossing fingers) So It's being said that they come with two batteries and no charger??? That won't do me any good. Can someone post a link to a compatible charger? Preferably from Amazon? I want to make sure I've got everything I need to start flying when they get here.

I talked to the guys At HeadPlay. They said that initially the battery charger was pulled because someone said there was a fire caused by the charger. After further investigation, this was not the cause. They are now shipping with chargers according to the guy I talked to.

I'm actually happier with the 2nd battery being supplied instead of the charger :) I would rather not use a brick type lipo charger as you can't monitor voltages or mAh put back. Prefer to use my trusty 6BAC's instead

I talked to the guys At HeadPlay. They said that initially the battery charger was pulled because someone said there was a fire caused by the charger. After further investigation, this was not the cause. They are now shipping with chargers according to the guy I talked to.

Yes, that is correct. They are now shipping with a basic battery charger.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Just curious. Has anyone on this forum tried using the Fat Shark Dominator HD's exclusivly with their Inspire???? I'm contemplating canceling my Headplays and going with these. I know the fpv experience is not as immersive.... But I like the idea of the head tracker module.

Just curious. Has anyone on this forum tried using the Fat Shark Dominator HD's exclusivly with their Inspire???? I'm contemplating canceling my Headplays and going with these. I know the fpv experience is not as immersive.... But I like the idea of the head tracker module.
I will try soon. Just need to buy me a new hdmi cable first.

Sent from my S5

Hey TD..
I had the dominators and they didn't work well for me..
im guessing it's because I'm near sided and wear glasses. .
Also head tracking doesn't work with the inspire..
the sonys are good but expensive. .
my Headplays should be arriving any week now so I'm hopefully that they will be a better match for me. .
seems like it would be like putting your head in a mini movie theater. .
I can't wait..

I had the DominatorHD as well. The Fatsharks were ok, but not great by any means. I mainly use the Sony's and those are awesome but expensive, I have the Headplays on order as you can;t beat the price on those.

The headplays should give a similar viewing experience compared to the Sony's. Best way to describe is it's like flying with the screen of an IMAX theater. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I just got mine and took it for a spin. Out of all options out there (and I've tried many) this is most awesome of all and nothing really comes close. Image is super bright with crisp details at full rez (720p) that Inspire is able to provide, unlike other options. Screen, though looks huge, feels super lite and right away gives you a feeling of a need to relearn the flying approach. By this I mean that now you can make microscopic movements and actually notice with ease - this is a huge boost to perfecting filming techniques as well as trying new things which I normally wouldn't dare.

I consider this one of most important additions to existing filming tools, totally recommend to anyone!

23c30ab96b9175dbcc9e7a7d9aff01df.jpg

Out of all options out there (and I've tried many) this is most awesome of all and nothing really comes close.

100% agree. Anyone who even suggests that the Dominator HDs or the Zeiss Cinemizers are even close to the Headplay obviously has never tried the Headplay. They are so much better than every other commercial option out there it's like comparing an iPhone 6 with a Motorola Sidekick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair