Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Who's here from the Greater Toronto Area ? I'm looking to set something up at the bluffs.

Reaction score
Hey guys !! I'm looking to setup a meet at the bluffs in Toronto I think!! Would love to get a bunch of locals and their birds out !! I'm going to bring along some cool mods for you guys go try out!! LOS only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well actually there are no rules in Canada for hobby flying except around no fly zones. They are all recommendations and guidelines. Flying for commercial use is a different story all together!!

But with that cleared up, who said beyond line of sight ?

I mean flying far away, very relative term. Some people have had really poor results and expect better. Some areas have strange interference, etc. My eyes work well .. I can see far, maybe yours aren't ? Not sure but even the LOS is a guideline in Canada for hobby fliers. (Not that I condone flying unsafely) and LOS could mean 5 meters on a foggy day .. Or +1km on a clear one !! Are you a Canadian citizen yourself ??

There are some doctors here on this forum that would dispute your ability to see "+1km". Off the Scarboro Bluffs you could easily fly out 6 -10 km with an amplified RC, which sounds like what you're proposing -- I've looked at your site and the products you sell -- they are very clearly designed for long distance BLOS flying.

What does my citizenship have to do with anything?

@The Editor

I'm asking are you Canadian speaking about what's legal here in Canada !! Or are you bored and just referring to rules for a different country ? Which would explain your irrelevant posts here ?

As I figured, you are just bored. Thanks for stopping by anyhow !! And if you ever come to Canada to visit I'll buy you a beer ;) ours are better here !! Like our guidelines for flying and enjoying our hobby !!
Cheers

Reactions: mikegwreid
Wrong on all counts. I'll see you around... it's a small community. And I take pleasure in making it difficult for those who are threatening the legitimacy of UAV use. I guess I'll be able to pick you out easy enough -- you'll be the guy flying BLOS FPV from the comfort of your car. Way to fly responsibly!

"Want to fly from the comfort of your car on those cold or hot days? This car mount will allow you to do just that."

Lol no I don't have one, they are designed in the USA !! I'm guessing for some of the states that get really warm !!! I do most of my flying at my property up north here in Canada !! Lots of room to fly and only trees around !!! You are welcome to join if you are in the area !! I'm considering getting setup for commercial use so if you have anything to share regarding doing so in Canada that would be awesome !!

As I figured, you are just bored. Thanks for stopping by anyhow !! And if you ever come to Canada to visit I'll buy you a beer ;) ours are better here !! Like our guidelines for flying and enjoying our hobby !!
Cheers

Can you please contact admin as it is clear you are a commercial dealer. THIS thread clearly shows you are promoting your products which requires Approved Vendor status.

Thank You

Reactions: KyleMaxxUav

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth