Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why are there so many people off loading their Inspire 2

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's me, but I have noticed recently a lot of Inspire 2 rigs going on eBay in the UK.
Just wondering if the industry has reached saturation point and there isn't enough work so people are shifting them? Or are people getting a Mavic 2 and ditching the wobbly old I2?

Many thanks to those who reply.

Phil

I'm not sure it's me, but I have noticed recently a lot of Inspire 2 rigs going on eBay in the UK.
Just wondering if the industry has reached saturation point and there isn't enough work so people are shifting them? Or are people getting a Mavic 2 and ditching the wobbly old I2?

Phil
The I2 that I fly doesn’t wobble. Do I have something special?

Reactions: thePhotoQ
When I say wobble I mean it doesn't exactly lock itself in the air like either of the Mavics. Probably should have said drifty?!?

My opinion.
Most of them doenst even swap lenses or fly pilot+slave controller. So no need i2.
Just a guessing because mostly i see in selling are i2 with few batteries and even just X4 CAMERA.

Also most of them goes for low budget and i2 is expencisive to maintain compared an m2.

Most of them doesnt even need 4k, just HD.

And also lot sof them just bought i2 because looks cool. And now will run for i3 if ever will be released any soon.

Just my opinion but think that im not too far from Truth.

Phil

It is not as good a platform as the I1 was. Not offering thermal killed a large percentage of potential business. You either go with a Matrice(which has more camera options)or an M2P Enterprise. For the budget conscious. The Mavic does almost everything as well. In a more portable package. I have 2 friends who do network news spots with their Mavics. In breaking news the I2 takes to long to get up. And one of them still uses a Zerotech with a G4 when he needs to look "professional". The X7 may be a better camera. But most never use it to its capabilities. And pro cinema float high end units instead. And a crappy camera can be made to look good in post. Where the real magic happens. And these days cell phone footage makes the news as much. So a nice camera is not as important. As being in the right place is.

Lots of guys post as used once for one job, like new. Because no other work was forthcoming. So over saturated? Partially true. It is just hard with out connections to stay busy. Real Estate offices have bought their own. No need to farm it out anymore. DJI and I love them, all I own at this point. Made it too easy for anyone to fly and get usable product.

I can go on. But if you want to work steady. Start a youtube channel and follow the police band. Make work, just do not wait on it. Or get a girl that looks good in a bikini. That pays well.

I have noticed that there are a lot of i2s for sale lately. My air time is divided between my Mavic 2 and my I1 V2 . I still like the I1 works great plenty of parts and higher payload then the Mavic 2. I looked at get the I2 however to costly to buy and repair.

Concur with Taco. Real estate people never need video, typically just stills. Probably many are not legal Part 107s. I really think some of the I2s are indeed part of a project. And I am sure that many bought that quality hoping customers/clients would line up at the door. That is not the case. I stay busy with film projects using my I2 w/ x5s and multiple prime lenses. I have an I1 for backup. The amazing thing is that my I1 w/ x3 (have a z3 also) does perfectly fine shooting 4K. I use my Mavic for indoor stuff. My early Mavic has issues with anything above 30 fps. As far as the possible I3, the only thing I would envy would be a lot longer battery life in the air AND cheaper batteries. I treat my I2 with 'kid' gloves and am careful with the camera and batteries to the extreme. Am not looking forward to the day when DJI starts stepping back from supporting the I2. It is a totally great unit......my 2 bits.

I'd tend to agree with the "over spent" on larger platform viewpoint.. and if not swapping lenses, the I2 is a bit excessive for the family picnic group picture. It's iconic shape & design attract those with ample funds even if for personal pleasure. The near equal abilities of the M2P single camera, and folding ease for transport make the M2P / Z appealing to many. Plus, as in other tangents... the advertisement, Owner's Youtubes, and M2P "tips" are everywhere in comparison to I2 .That too encourages & draws many to jump to M2P.

IF and When the Inspire 3 arrives... I hope it assumes one missing role still performed by the I1... Thermal, and maintain the heated tandem power source, but larger. Other than firmware, there's no reason the I2 couldn't run the XT (with adapter) or the XT2 like the M210... same gimbal mount. Just a little different design or few MM longer arms it could have run the TB55 paks
I'd agree on the battery life, for a tandem running 2 parallel at 8560mAh the I2 should have been able obtain longer airtime. The I1 at 5700mAh it was near the same flight time... the motors consumed 3000mAh difference?

The I1 was a pure sports car... no frills and performed it's tasks very nicely and lives on for that very reason.
Even the X5R was a great camera... not as fast to extract or process as the X5S but near identical quality without the additional license cost... moving the processing into the I2 and off the camera, still not sold if that was a beneficial... but it's incorporation of the circuits & SSD bay, was a nice design. There was a substantial photographic difference between the X5 & X5R as well, even if only using the SD card.

The I2 was an extremely fast accelerating craft until a few updates reduced acceleration performance... the top speed remains about the same. I'd agree, the I2 was a great new design improving on the unique favored design of the I1.

The I1 would easily continue to live if batteries don't force it out of action. I keep hoping a 3rd party will produce TB48's.
The I2 has a long life ahead, long after the I3 but I doubt it'll live as active in the senior years as the I1 has obtained.

Roles performed... I truly enjoy the M2P / Z but it can't carry a MFT sensor and mount a sharp ultra wide 12mm or near equally sharp 7.5mm manual lens when a wide non-distorted image is required.

Both the I1v2 & I2 meet that demand.

Real estate people never need video, typically just stills.

Yes, they do. When it comes to more expensive houses. I regularly make films, for different realtors.
The market may be different in your country.. but probably not.

Phil
I think its a few reason but for the general people doing the work they do not need what the I2 offers, it's costly for a general use and if you do not need lens options they are happy paying a 4th of the cost for a Mavic. Also they aircraft is now 3 year old roughly time is time so they have had it for a while and find they do not need it so much.

Reactions: Lucky
I recently sold mine because I wanted a better camera system. The platform was excellent but I needed/wanted more.
That when you focused on hanging an A7Riii?

I looked at the X7 & Lens set... I'll wait. Very pricey for what it is, compared to other options.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa