Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why are there so many people off loading their Inspire 2

amazing... I thought it was about that size. It's evidently very pixel dense for the resolution you indicated above post. Much smaller pixels than a FF.

These new technologies continues to amaze me. At times I'm still in awe in the size of digital image files and the level of manipulation that can be performed. Remember when digital first hit consumer level availability.... everyone compared it to film and how inaccurate, low performance, slow to process, the digital was in comparison to capture the light and the blinking of the cache light writing a single image to memory, and now just a short 20 yrs later it's awesome.

I used to process color negatives and print them up to 16X20 in my basement back in the late 80's and early 90's. Maybe that is the cause of my head twitch :), I am glad to no longer work with those chemicals.

I used to process color negatives and print them up to 16X20 in my basement back in the late 80's and early 90's. Maybe that is the cause of my head twitch :), I am glad to no longer work with those chemicals.
Very true... but do remember the excitement or frustration watching it develope (BW)

Reactions: SanCap
Actually that's successfully be done with great results. It was moved to lighter ships for a better fit in the role... but ultra sharp, high zoom, mounted above rotor gear or belly.

Played with UH for bit, then over to BellJet - the OH58, and later to the AH64.
But the UH1B & UH1D did experiment with observation cameras while experimenting with mounting various armaments.
Oh yeah, the AH64 would carry a better camera than any consumer drone I assume.

I'm not sure it's me, but I have noticed recently a lot of Inspire 2 rigs going on eBay in the UK.
Just wondering if the industry has reached saturation point and there isn't enough work so people are shifting them? Or are people getting a Mavic 2 and ditching the wobbly old I2?

Many thanks to those who reply.

Phil
I, for one, am pretty happy with the way my I2 flies. I don't find it to be wobbly. I suspect that some people who are intrigued with the capabilities of thermal sensors and cannot afford to keep their their I2 and also purchase a whole 'nuther platform for thermal options are simply re-investing in the "next" platform and trying to recoup some of what they've spent on the I2. Having a taste for expensive goods is one thing; being able to afford them is something else.

It was an expensive lesson for me. I got so turned on with drones and their capabilities I jumped right in with the I2 after flying my Spark. Once I started learning more about the different applications, I found the I2 to be more restricted. Built primarily for cinema its a jewel. Use it for other applications (sure it's possible) but you end up making more sacrifices (money, performance, capability). I bought a 120g CINESDD and a Fly Drive thinking the ProRes licenses was included with my camera. Now I'm looking to offload that since I never got the license.

It was an expensive lesson for me. I got so turned on with drones and their capabilities I jumped right in with the I2 after flying my Spark. Once I started learning more about the different applications, I found the I2 to be more restricted. Built primarily for cinema its a jewel. Use it for other applications (sure it's possible) but you end up making more sacrifices (money, performance, capability). I bought a 120g CINESDD and a Fly Drive thinking the ProRes licenses was included with my camera. Now I'm looking to offload that since I never got the license.
It definitely is a great drone and nice payloads.
It's not a M2P in size or includes all the consumer features. But flying construction, Ag fields, 3D modeling... several tangents off the cinema trail it'll perform very nicely. The tandem batteries and heated make it a worthy platform in safety too. The other advantage is visual, I can see a I2 much further out than smaller crafts. One major failure point for the I2 was not using the XT Thermal like the I1... in my opinion.

I'd also guess, the Inspire 3 will be smaller in size and pack several new features and payloads.

My opinion, requires multiple sUAV platforms. I use several and some have overlap if needed.

It definitely is a great drone and nice payloads.
It's not a M2P in size or includes all the consumer features. But flying construction, Ag fields, 3D modeling... several tangents off the cinema trail it'll perform very nicely. The tandem batteries and heated make it a worthy platform in safety too. The other advantage is visual, I can see a I2 much further out than smaller crafts. One major failure point for the I2 was not using the XT Thermal like the I1... in my opinion.

I'd also guess, the Inspire 3 will be smaller in size and pack several new features and payloads.

My opinion, requires multiple sUAV platforms. I use several and some have overlap if needed.
I just recently added the Air 2 to my inventory. My Spark thus far has been my cash cow.

I've been making youtube vids with the I2 trying to build up my portfolio in the meantime.

I just recently added the Air 2 to my inventory. My Spark thus far has been my cash cow.

I've been making youtube vids with the I2 trying to build up my portfolio in the meantime.
That's great for you, and a nice low cost platform for your projects. I enjoyed my Spark, sold it last year and kinda miss it.

For my projects, the companies wouldn't even consider or allow the Spark. The radio connection would prevent it from desired use in city survey projects. The 2 axis gimble would be another limiting variable. Many require a dual battery platform for their Insurance requirements or company polices.

A Spark as a commercial tool would be low cost platform for sure! Good luck with the MA2!

Can you show your I2 work?

There is no reason why the I3 would be any smaller than the I2
Correct, no reason, no more than staying the same size or larger... that's what "guess" indicates. My personal observation, as technology improves through the years of sUAV on a whole, the smaller platforms gained the features of much larger platforms and improved upon those features.

The I3 will most certainly have more features or improved features: sensors, motors, radio transmission, etc.

The platform design will likely change and I'm "guessing" they'll improve the overall CoD and streamlining... that may result in a more compact package.

But until leaked... bigger, smaller, no change, all chatter from the uninformed.

I would imagine there are several reasons. Here are some reasons I don‘t fly much

• Finding the time to do it. I work a lot has it is a hobby that requires a lot of devotion.
  • Finding places to fly with no restrictions is a challenge. I live in a a very militarty city so combined with flight paths of the airport it‘s a challenge to find spots.
  • Flying in parts is tricky because I don’t want to annoy the people around me.
  • And I know flying in my backyard is not the best because it’s boring scenery and I live in a 150m limit zome. Even then the trees in my yard and around me present a problem I think with signal reception.
  • And it is expensive.
So yea, I guess you could say there are many factors why people dive in and then exit the hobby quickly. I am not really into the whole making videos for YT thing. I just like the joy of flying. I think it is a lot easier for people who live in rural areas who have wide open places to fly where there is beautiful scenery and not just the tops of homes. If you are retired that is also a plus because you can explore different areas around you to fly your drone.
My take on this.

I would imagine there are several reasons. Here are some reasons I don‘t fly much...

.... So yea, I guess you could say there are many factors why people dive in and then exit the hobby quickly. I am not really into the whole making videos for YT thing. I just like the joy of flying. I think it is a lot easier for people who live in rural areas who have wide open places to fly where there is beautiful scenery and not just the tops of homes. If you are retired that is also a plus because you can explore different areas around you to fly your drone.
My take on this.
All sounds rational for your situation and surroundings. Hope ya find something else to give yourself a break away from work for your area. Diversion is productive too.

If that was the environment one lived, as a hobby why purchase a pricey I2 for limited hobby and not a MavicPro, Air, Pro2, etc. Plus, a whole lot less noticable audio and visual flying an M2P.

I'm a bit the other way... if I make an investment in I2, X7 & 4 Lens Pak, X5S, a few Matrice crafts, Mavics, Batteries & associated gear... I normally retain instead of sale at a loss of value; Already paid. Perfer to retain and find reason to use in future.

Not directed to your post, but more a general opinion to the "mass". Personally I feel you're partially spot on for many. As expressed above in other Post, some locations, career fields & age groups have a lot (A Lot!) of disposable income. Between all their other activities, night life, etc and lack of desire to truly learn non-work related skill sets: photography, video, editing, the creativity of photography or finite aerial skills, the "I want it Toy purchase" wears off and sits on the shelf; which is why so many advertise as "Low number of flights". Where as video game systems appeal to many of the same type for differnt reasoning... to which I have zero interest. Gym memberships & home exercise equipment similar... takes more work & time than originally estimated.

Watched the same generality behavior over the years in photography gear, Darkroom equipment, specialty autos, bikes, cycling, firearms, etc... buying is differnt than absorbing or becoming involved in the hobby, sport, profession and the time expended becomming proficient.

Some, such as yourself may simply lack the time in a hectic lifestyle... I previously shared that situation too. It's Understandable! For the majority, everything has a time value, it's how we split up and spend our value units.

For many; High disposable Income, High Instant Gratification attitude and low attention span or proficiency... equates to Sell it and move to the next endeavor.

I think the main reason for a secondhand market oversaturated with Inspire 2 is the failure of a "Have Inspire, will travel" business plan. So many amateurish entrepreneurs were trapped with huge debts, lack of sale and no incoming cash from this presumably booming aerial photography business. Very narrow filmmaking/TV industry adapted this new technology before affordable Inspire concept was born. Herds of newcomers with Inspire had no chance to penetrate such elite society, therefore forced to rely on way less lucrative and rare real estate/wedding gigs. These can be easily handled with much cheaper Mavic ... In other words, the demand for Inspire's service wasn't as huge as many believed.

However, as dougcjohn cleverly articulated above, there's a specific other group of Inspire pilots, size of which can't be ignored. This group enjoys using/having such marvels of technology, simply because they can. They don't care about making a dime off it, many don't even share on YouTube, begging for likes and subscriptions. Enthusiasts, collectors, drone freaks, rich suckers? Whatever, I don't see any reason to explain myself (LOL) ...

Reactions: dougcjohn
...there's a specific other group of Inspire pilots, size of which can't be ignored. This group enjoys using/having such marvels of technology, simply because they can. They don't care about making a dime off it, many don't even share on YouTube, begging for likes and subscriptions. Enthusiasts, collectors, drone freaks, rich suckers? Whatever, I don't see any reason to explain myself (LOL) ...

Same folks snapping vacation shots with an X1D II or a Leica M10.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1