Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why no aftermarket I1 batteries

Reaction score
Anyone got a reasonable explanation why there are no aftermarket I1 TB47 and 48 batteries?

I can get new P2, P3, P4, and Mavic Pro and Spark batteries aftermarket but no Inspire.

I just can’t get my head around the why.

Anyone have the definitive answer?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Reaction score
I would think there is no where near the volume of Inspire 1 compared to the lower cost higher volume P and M series. There is s lot of upfront cost for molds and other tooling.

Reactions: oldcomputech
Reaction score
My hopes are the Powerextra produces Inspire 1 batteries. I have used their batteries for a while for everything from my Mavic Pro to my DeWalt drill. I have been very happy with the quality.

To answer your question, it makes zero sense that they don't make them now.

D

Reaction score
The M600 drivers are in somewhat the same boat with the TB47/48s's. They could potentially be another good customer for a forward thinking aftermarket battery supplier.

Reactions: oldcomputech
Reaction score
I would think there is no where near the volume of Inspire 1 compared to the lower cost higher volume P and M series. There is s lot of upfront cost for molds and other tooling.
Not disagreeingwith you but there are so many niche product batteries out there I don’t quite get it. A case in point is the Typhoon H480. I can get batteries for that and if I was a survey type guy I would bet that sales numbers on that are not much higher than an I1

Reaction score
I ag
My hopes are the Powerextra produces Inspire 1 batteries. I have used their batteries for a while for everything from my Mavic Pro to my DeWalt drill. I have been very happy with the quality.

To answer your question, it makes zero sense that they don't make them now.

D
I agree with PowerExtra. Pretty decent batteries. I noticed no difference in my Mavics flight times.
BTW thanks for the info/ tutorials on backwards firmware, you save my bird for me!

Reaction score
The M600 drivers are in somewhat the same boat with the TB47/48s's. They could potentially be another good customer for a forward thinking aftermarket battery supplier.
I did not know that. So the 600 pilots are also at risk of the orphanage? Wow!

Reaction score
This video explains the wires in the battery and how you would connect them to a standard LiPo

Reactions: tiebo
Reaction score
Dose it have to do with shipping a large capacity 6s LiPo? Is that why the I2 has two batteries? This is my line thought. I just purchased a I1 v2 and never guessed I have issues getting batteries. I have many phantoms I still fly and would buy a phantom 3 again.

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Dose it have to do with shipping a large capacity 6s LiPo? Is that why the I2 has two batteries? This is my line thought. I just purchased a I1 v2 and never guessed I have issues getting batteries. I have many phantoms I still fly and would buy a phantom 3 again.
There are no batteries for I1 because they are not produced anymore by dji. Also batteries over 100W have to be transported only by land or water. I hope some 3rd party manufacturer to fill that gap.

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
For the record, right now there are some TB48 batteries on amazon.com, good for the US customers :) But in Eu I can't find a shop that have them on stock.

Reaction score
And for the record, someone that buys it will be walking funny> $350+ ARE U F*****gG KIDDING ME??? I'm walking funny just looking at it.

Reaction score
I found about 50 new tb48 @ 209. ea + tax and ship... and scored on the last cube charger for 29 bucks

Reaction score
I also fly a 3DR Solo, and we're in the same boat there. We're seeing batteries fail completely and the recommendation from the gurus is to not use any factory batteries. But there are several threads and instructions on how to swap out the cells for new, and a fairly extensive project to build an open source battery management system that will work like the factory smart battery. I imagine over time this might become a small business for people willing to take on the work of swapping in new cells. Otherwise the aircraft are still airworthy.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeozbet123