Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WHY?!!!

Reaction score
This post has nothing to do with any tips, tricks or hidden features of the inspire, it has to do with some of the rude members on here always insulting other members especially the newbies because they think their question is simple, dumb or because someone give info that might not be totally correct. This forum is designed to help inspire 1 owners have the most pleasurable experience with their inspires possible, so jus because a member ask something that might be no-brainer don't mean you have to make them feel bad, that's only goin to scare the newbies from getting the info they need, why take the time to insult someone or make them feel bad just keep your negative comments to yourself. Am pretty sure there's goin to be some members that disagree with me but I also know theres a handful that will agree. We are all suppose to be a family...so to speak, and like I said earlier we are all in this for the same cause "to have the most pleasurable experience with our investment possible" if you are having a bad day/night and feel the need to let off some steam there's a place for that its called... FACEBOOK!

Hi Sheridian,

That's people for you . For some, the behavior you described is their one place in life where they get to be "alpha". Eventually you learn to ignore their existence. Sometimes it is fun to troll them, but it's kinda mean. If anything , we should help them.

The internet is full of keyboard warriors. Just learn to ignore them.
It's hard sometimes to ignore rude trolls, but lifes too short to get drawn into a trolling contest with them. Reminds me of the commercial where the man thought he was calling a pay service to talk to a beautiful woman, when in fact the woman on the other end was an ugly fat hag in a housecoat, no teeth, smoking a cigarette, etc. Usually trolls have no other purpose in life, and are trying to "find a life" on the internet and get their ego fix by insulting other people.

Enjoy life and be nice

Standard human behavior, simply amplified by being on the internet (or any "remote" interaction actually).

But there's also the people who genuinely want to help, but after typing the exact same thing 3 times in 2 days it becomes just too much, and it becomes frustrating that people don't help themselves a bit. When someone asks something when the answer is literally in the post above theirs... well it's just impossible not to point it out.

Same with people who ask questions so generic it would take 2 hours to answer everything and the reply would be very biased - telling them it's not a good way of asking a question is not being rude, it's trying to help them formulate things so they'll get the answers they want.

Noobs, help us help you by doing the basic research on your own, most of the info is there. Then come ask specific, targeted questions you're not clear on.

Standard human behavior, simply amplified by being on the internet (or any "remote" interaction actually).

But there's also the people who genuinely want to help, but after typing the exact same thing 3 times in 2 days it becomes just too much, and it becomes frustrating that people don't help themselves a bit. When someone asks something when the answer is literally in the post above theirs... well it's just impossible not to point it out.

Same with people who ask questions so generic it would take 2 hours to answer everything and the reply would be very biased - telling them it's not a good way of asking a question is not being rude, it's trying to help them formulate things so they'll get the answers they want.

Noobs, help us help you by doing the basic research on your own, most of the info is there. Then come ask specific, targeted questions you're not clear on.
+1
Well, I couldn't have said it better myself really! :)
I am more than happy to try and help answer questions anyone might have (assuming I know the answer) but helping yourself a little goes a long way.
Questions like "Is it a good quad" and "Can I go fast with it" or "It flew funny yesterday, why was that" get a little tiresome after a while......and I'm old (ish).... And with age comes grumpiness! :p

So please guys, do a little research first either on this forum (most questions have already been covered at some point) or good old Google or YouTube but if you're still stuck of course there are plenty of people on here that will try and help.

Last edited:
Agree that you should try to search on your own first, then come up with your questions.
But at the same time it is a step in the direction that the community dies, when no one asks any questions anymore.

I also think some people just think others are "oncall" for them when they need answers and want to take the shortcuts by asking instead of researching. With research you find out way more.

Reactions: Kilrah
I admit being frustrated with some posters, who go straight to the forums before reading the manual, or actually experiencing an issue. There a a good number, (IMO) for whom the inspire1 is there first quad as well. I don't express my frustration to them, however. I point them to answers if I can, and quietly shake my head. :) I'm appreciative of those who have answered my questions and done the same.

Reactions: crashburn
We also need to abolish this notion of "seniority" status just because someone has been a member here for a long time or posted a lot. Who gives a flying **** about that? If you spew nonsense or false info. then I will bust ya up good regardless of your "senior status" on this board. Truth prevails above all else. Seniority status means NOTHING in the world of UAVs.

Reactions: jon b
Lots of good thoughts.

I lurked for quite a while and absorbed as much as I could as well as reading the manual before I started asking stupid questions. Reading and understanding the information here and on RC Groups will really educate one.

As a noobe, I'm used to my stupidity being pointed out to me, even though I've done much due diligence before asking my stupid questions. But, the benefits of getting expert advice outweigh sometime undiplomatic answers from the experts. Glad they are here to help. I can understand how my fellow noobs feel at times when some expert response becomes personally insulting.

Enjoy life and be nice

One of the fresh new threads this morning was from a new member asking why his update had resulted in a loss of connection between his bird and his controller. Grrrrrrr. Firstly it states in the upgrade notes that this is likely, secondly it's been covered multiple times on here how to remedy it. I advised the guy to check first next time and not be so lazy. Its those tyes of posts that show the sheer laziness of some new members. For heavens sake, even do a Google search and you'll get 1000 remedies, it's the easiest thing to do. I welcome new members and I love helping others out but the lazy SOBs deserve a good roasting.

I watched one thread where the person asked a question that had been answered a b'zillion times before. And one of them was only two replies up on the same thread. Can't get much lazier than that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop