Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Windows 10....

No not yet, I was going to do it last night but I've spent ages getting my windows 7 machine set up just the way I want it and made sure all my photoshop and light room plugins ect work. I just have a horrible feeling that 10 is going to mess it all up again and I'll have to start over. I'd rather all my spare time gors into my i1 now and not into trouble shooting a windows setup!

My thinking exactly, and there seems there are some bad experiences with updating. Where have I heard that before. :rolleyes::)

Reactions: AndrewH
Sorry I read the headline "Friendly Off-Topic Conversations" and I wasn't talking politics just Win 10 and updating/updates in general. Thank you for your input.

Yes, I have updated to Windows 10 and I like it, I only had to update my Acronis back up software to the latest version and I was warned that I would need to do that before I upgraded.
No problems so far and it does appear to be faster specially starting up and shutting down.
Of course, I did make an Acronis backup of my Windows 7 system onto an external drive, so I can always boot up with the Acronis system disk and restore from the backup.
I don't see myself doing that any time soon though..

Reactions: AndrewH
Good news thank you, I'll update when I can. Never heard of Acronis, looks an excellent product, thx for sharing.

Same here, 8.1 to Windows 10 without a hitch. Already had latest Acronis, made a backup and updated fine. All of my Adobe Suites work, along with my Cyberlink Power Director video editing software. It is slightly faster than 8.1, which in turn is slightly faster than 7.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Same here, 8.1 to Windows 10 without a hitch. Already had latest Acronis, made a backup and updated fine. All of my Adobe Suites work, along with my Cyberlink Power Director video editing software. It is slightly faster than 8.1, which in turn is slightly faster than 7.

Thanks that's excellent to know I use Adobe as well, went to upload my data to the Acronis cloud and it said time remaining 43 days 19hrs LOL. So I've backed-up onto a separate hard drive and now will update to Win 10.

Thx to all.

Jeez....I've been waitin....still no update for me yet :( I actually really like windows 8 and I was told I would love win10.

I think you will, what impressed me the most was that not only were all the desktop icons put back, but also in the right place. No swipe from the left or loads of tiles on other pages. Click the windows button bottom left like the old days, and you can scroll through the tiles, a bit like a windows phone.

The only hiccup so far is that a new IE browser has been added, wiping out the old one along with it my few bookmarks.

I think you will, what impressed me the most was that not only were all the desktop icons put back, but also in the right place. No swipe from the left or loads of tiles on other pages. Click the windows button bottom left like the old days, and you can scroll through the tiles, a bit like a windows phone.

The only hiccup so far is that a new IE browser has been added, wiping out the old one along with it my few bookmarks.
You can import your old IE bookmarks into the new Edge Browser

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
We've updated 6/7 of our stations to Windows 10 so far. Our old XP machines have had some graphics problems with it, but anything built for Windows 7 and up runs smooth. The last one to be updated is our main editing station. Waiting for a gap between projects.

Jeez....I've been waitin....still no update for me yet :( I actually really like windows 8 and I was told I would love win10.
really? i hate windows 8, love windows 7 though, heard the start button menu is back in windows 10, hooray! semi excited to try it, gonna have to try the acronis backup just in case i dont like it, thanks for the tip!

Well I'm diving in....my update arrived.

grrrr...the start button never left, people just couldn't deal with change. In fact it was never really all that different either.
i have windows 7 on my desktop and windows 8 on a laptop which i dont use often, so i guess i never really learned win 8 that well but i had a heck of a time finding programs and the locations of the file i just scanned, maybe theres settings that can be changed to make it more like 7 but in my opinion win 8 was vastly different and i didnt care for it one bit. even finding the control panel and settings took me while at first, it was maddening i tell you, made me feel like a computer noob! I hate the tile style "start menu screen". Give me a nice compact menu list view like win 7 any day, i dont wanna scroll sideways for a mile through large sized tile icons to find the program im looking for. Im not a fan of touchscreen gimmickry on a larger screen. Its much faster and easier to use with a standard mouse and keyboard. typing on large touchscreen keyboards is cumbersome and far too slow for me. Swype on my samsung galaxy note 4 is about as large of a screen as i wanna get for typing more than a short sentence on a touchscreen, lol.

Reactions: skylabimaging
i have windows 7 on my desktop and windows 8 on a laptop which i dont use often, so i guess i never really learned win 8 that well but i had a heck of a time finding programs and the locations of the file i just scanned, maybe theres settings that can be changed to make it more like 7 but in my opinion win 8 was vastly different and i didnt care for it one bit. even finding the control panel and settings took me while at first, it was maddening i tell you, made me feel like a computer noob! I hate the tile style "start menu screen". Give me a nice compact menu list view like win 7 any day, i dont wanna scroll sideways for a mile through large sized tile icons to find the program im looking for. Im not a fan of touchscreen gimmickry on a larger screen. Its much faster and easier to use with a standard mouse and keyboard. typing on large touchscreen keyboards is cumbersome and far too slow for me. Swype on my samsung galaxy note 4 is about as large of a screen as i wanna get for typing more than a short sentence on a touchscreen, lol.

You sound like my Dad, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters