Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Worst customer service EVER!

Tj_

Reaction score
Website
gsomething.net
So for months I've saved up to buy the Inspire 1. I finally bought one last week (wednesday) from an Dji authorized dealer that was 2hr drive from me. I get there and it's some guys house. It was very disappointing. The living room was plagued with broken phantom parts scattered about. So stupid me bought it anyway because I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I get it home at 9pm and obviously can't fly so I wanted to use the simulator. I go to connect my phone and there is no communication. The controller won't talk to the aircraft nor mobile device. I call all my friends with different mobile devices and try every android and iphone/ipad available to have nothing happen. So for the next entire day (Thursday) I try calling customer service. I finally get through and we try various connection methods but still unsuccessful. The customer service agent said to go back to the dealer for a swap, or send it in. But warned me if I send it in it will take 6 to 8 weeks!!! So I dreadfully go back to the wannabe dealer and he says he can't do nothing for me. He will be able to order a new controller from Dji in 2 weeks. I asked him why and he replies that Dji dealers must make $10,000 orders and hopefully he can do that in 2 weeks. So now my options are to wait approximately 2 weeks for this guy to hopefully order a controller and hopefully swap me. Or send it in to Dji and wait 6+ weeks. I say to the dealer this is unacceptable and want to return it and then see the 15% restocking fee disclaimer in fine print. That would be $450 down the drain and a lot of useless driving. The next day (Friday) the Dji dealer says he talked to his China rep and they will send a controller. I have a mini celebration. I wait till Tuesday to call and see if the controller is in. I call the Dji dealer and he says they aren't sending a controller. The China rep mis-communicated and sent papers to return the controller. Now I'm unhappy again and have to box up a controller and wait for who knows how long. This is my first Dji purchase, and my last. I have a $3000 paperweight.

Not being funny but when you saw he wasn't a shop and the place had broken Phantoms lying around you should of just walked away and gone somewhere else. Got yourself to blame on this I'm afraid. You should of also tested it there and then to make sure everything was ok, especially if you had driven all that way.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Just wanted to add that I didn't even ge
Not being funny but when you saw he wasn't a shop and the place had broken Phantoms lying around you should of just walked away and gone somewhere else. Got yourself to blame on this I'm afraid. You should of also tested it there and then to make sure everything was ok, especially if you had driven all that way.
Yes it is my fault for being a proud American and supporting a local business. It's my fault for understanding it's hard starting a business and giving a guy a shot at selling me a brand new untouched item. It is my fault for not starting up the aircraft in the guys house. It's also my fault for thinking Dji product works out of the box. Those are lessons I've learned over this past week. But that isn't what this thread is about. It's Dji's customer service, and dealer service. It's horrible. The guy I bought it from is fighting hard for me and not getting support from Dji. It's not his or my fault the controller is dead out of the box.

Thank you for the feedback.

Just wanted to add that I didn't even ge

Yes it is my fault for being a proud American and supporting a local business. It's my fault for understanding it's hard starting a business and giving a guy a shot at selling me a brand new untouched item. It is my fault for not starting up the aircraft in the guys house. It's also my fault for thinking Dji product works out of the box. Those are lessons I've learned over this past week. But that isn't what this thread is about. It's Dji's customer service, and dealer service. It's horrible. The guy I bought it from is fighting hard for me and not getting support from Dji. It's not his or my fault the controller is dead out of the box.

Thank you for the feedback.
You have my sympathy and hopefully you will get over this hurdle and enjoy your quad-copter flying. I have been lucky with my contact with DJI and their products (Phantom 1 and 2 and now an Inspire). The service I received from Rise Above, the Australian dealer has been excellent with the Inspire tested by them before delivery. I had a crash, all my fault, and they were able to supply the gimbal cables and connector plate within 24 hours. Luckily the Inspire has been performing superbly without any of the issues or problems I read about on this forum. Admittedly I have spent hours on the Internet learning about the necessary precautions and requirements for safe flying. I have posted a number of videos on Vimeo that hopefully may encourage you to keep going and get over your appalling start. If you are interested my latest video is at
and there a link from there to my other videos.

Best of luck with getting things sorted. David Barton (Melbourne Australia)

Didn't DJI agree to address the controller if you send it to them? You should have bought from a real dealer that sells DJI not some dude working out of his house. You can blame DJI if you want but I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I am sorry you are having problems but unfortunately **** happens. Mine worked flawlessly out of the box.

Who is the "wannabe dealer"? What's his name or company name?

Oh, and by the way, I typed your Location into Google Maps and it came up with this:
river-rocks.jpg

Oh, and by the way, I typed your Location into Google Maps and it came up with this:
View attachment 2890
Yes those look like rocks from Cleveland, Ohio. Which are apparently smarter then me lol.

My location says "Cleveland rocks" because I'm in Cleveland Ohio which is home to the rock n roll hall of fame. I'm sorry it's all Ohio has because our sports teams fail.

Reactions: Jacob
TJ...in making the best of the situation you've been dealt have you considered buying a second controller (that'll be somewhere around $500-$650) so at least your able to get your bird in the air and sending the DOA RC back for repair / replacement. When that controller comes back you can decide then on either keeping it as a backup (or maybe you may have a need for a camera operator) or selling it. If you sell it (of course there are no guarantees you'll get what you paid for it) but any loss should be less than the $450 restocking fee and you got to fly your AC.

Last edited:
TJ...in making the best of the situation you've been dealt have you considered buying a second controller (that'll be somewhere around $500-$650) so at least your able to get your bird in the air and sending the DOA RC back for repair / replacement. When that controller comes backs you can decide then on either keeping it as a backup (or maybe you may have a need for a camera operator) or selling it. If you sell it (of course there are no guarantees you'll get what you paid for it) but any loss should be less than the $450 restocking fee and you got to fly you AC.

Yes I have thought of it and I greatly appreciate you mentioning. Yet again, stupid me wanted the dual controller version which the dealer didn't have. I figured I'd buy an additional one later. The money I did have to buy the 2nd controller was spent buying 2 batteries. I'm not rich so it will be a month or two before I can cough up another $500.

Thanks again

Hi TJ. I'm just down the road from you in Richfield. I sent my Inspire to DJI on May 27th. The only word I have received from them is that it was checked in to the que. It has been 2 months since I sent it in and well over a month since they checked it in and not a peep out of them. Thus there are at least two unhappy DJI customers in Ohio. Those that have blamed you for purchasing a faulty product and support are ill-informed regardless of how you acquired it.

Reactions: Tj_
Hi TJ. I'm just down the road from you in Richfield. I sent my Inspire to DJI on May 27th. The only word I have received from them is that it was checked in to the que. It has been 2 months since I sent it in and well over a month since they checked it in and not a peep out of them. Thus there are at least two unhappy DJI customers in Ohio. Those that have blamed you for purchasing a faulty product and support are ill-informed regardless of how you acquired it.
Hey pops thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear it though. You must be really aggravated with Dji right about now. 9 weeks is unacceptable! I would be calling them every day if I were you. Even though calling customer service is aggravating enough because you can't get through. I don't see Dji staying in business long this way.

So what went wrong with your aircraft? Did you at least get to fly it before it broke? I didn't even get to see the propellers spin on mine. :(

It was my maiden flight. Lasted all of 1 minute. lost control almost immediately after take off and a short hover, I don't know what went wrong. Hoping DJI can tell from the inspire's data. If the repair turns out to be under warranty, I'll try again. If not, i'm done. So disappointed with the whole experience.

Hey pops thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear it though. You must be really aggravated with Dji right about now. 9 weeks is unacceptable! I would be calling them every day if I were you. Even though calling customer service is aggravating enough because you can't get through. I don't see Dji staying in business long this way.

So what went wrong with your aircraft? Did you at least get to fly it before it broke? I didn't even get to see the propellers spin on mine. :(
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, dealers if you can call them that shouldn't be in business. It gives the rest of us a bad name. Really a bummer

Reactions: Tj_
You can tell your "dealer" that he takes drone back for 100% money back you will file credit card fraud and get your money ether way but it will cost him that way.
IF you charged it to credit card it's that simple, they will force him to take it back and you are covered.
good luck

Reactions: Tj_ and FlyHighUSA
Was that controller checked good and you are sure it was faulty? Only reason I ask is my I1 had issues and it was the USB cable. It took me 2 try's to get one that worked 100%. Also bought my rig from Aerial Media Pros. Great service from them.

Was that controller checked good and you are sure it was faulty? Only reason I ask is my I1 had issues and it was the USB cable. It took me 2 try's to get one that worked 100%. Also bought my rig from Aerial Media Pros. Great service from them.
Yes it was checked with multiple cables, and multiple devices. The usb port on the controller was bad out of the box. It's been a common problem as I've read others have the same issue. It took 9 weeks for repair. I sent the controller to dji myself.

Reactions: kcobello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop