Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 Gimbal Arm Bent?

Reaction score
I was told that my X3 Gimbal arm was bent because their Gimbal Lock didn't fit. I've never crashed or hard landed this thing so I can't imagine how it would be bent and if it is, got **** it took more than a year for me to learn that it was, what do you think?

IMG_5353.JPG IMG_5354.JPG IMG_5355.JPG IMG_5356.JPG IMG_5357.JPG IMG_5358.JPG IMG_5359.JPG

I was told that my X3 Gimbal arm was bent because their Gimbal Lock didn't fit. I've never crashed or hard landed this thing so I can't imagine how it would be bent and if it is, got **** it took more than a year for me to learn that it was, what do you think?

View attachment 8466 View attachment 8467 View attachment 8468 View attachment 8469 View attachment 8470 View attachment 8471 View attachment 8472

well... it has this nice curve which seems to be bent. lol.

seriously: it looks ok to me. if you switch it off and move it into every end position it should not get in contact with the pan axis motor (camera body). the roll axis motor is to far out and will hit (touch) the pan axis. if that is the case you are good to go.
also if it would be bent it woul also be a bit out of balance in turned off state hanging in one direction / side.

i bent mine once and managed to bend it back but it was never satifactory really. then i broke it in a crash and had it replaced with my repaired bird.

fine since :)

end of story: if it works, you are good to go and don't worry about it.

cheers

well... it has this nice curve which seems to be bent. lol.

seriously: it looks ok to me. if you switch it off and move it into every end position it should not get in contact with the pan axis motor (camera body). the roll axis motor is to far out and will hit (touch) the pan axis. if that is the case you are good to go.
also if it would be bent it woul also be a bit out of balance in turned off state hanging in one direction / side.

i bent mine once and managed to bend it back but it was never satifactory really. then i broke it in a crash and had it replaced with my repaired bird.

fine since :)

end of story: if it works, you are good to go and don't worry about it.

cheers

Yeah, it works like it should/as well as it always has. I mean the head looks like it hangs lower (lol) than some of the stock images I've seen but I don't know if that's just the angle of shot or what.

Yeah, it works like it should/as well as it always has. I mean the head looks like it hangs lower (lol) than some of the stock images I've seen but I don't know if that's just the angle of shot or what.

think of it like this: its china, get over it. they can't produce two exact same units looking exact the same.

i have two x3 (because of my backup bird and they are also not identical. if it works good, don't bother.
i am sure the other will also have some info on this like mr. Editor or Damon, maybe Mazz next to "my hobby is everything" lol:)
cheers
i will try to make you some picks of my two.

in another thread one member asked if the roll axis is ok condition as the space between the motor and pan axis arm is bigger... same thing here. works ok, looks different a bit. = china. - don't worry :D

Light materials like Aluminum and Magnesium tend to not like to be bent back if bent in a crash. Steel, on the other hand, can tolerate being bent back though you'd probably want to anneal it afterwards which is not practical for our gimbal.

Brian

Light materials like Aluminum and Magnesium tend to not like to be bent back if bent in a crash. Steel, on the other hand, can tolerate being bent back though you'd probably want to anneal it afterwards which is not practical for our gimbal.

Brian

sup. there is a saying that aluminum you only bend once. second time it just used to break...

I'm highly upset with the company that created the gimbal lock and the "one response a day" communication with them over the course of an entire week, even when I responded immediately after receiving an email from them. After spending a few hundred on a carrying case I would imagine that they would have said, "You may have received a bad gimbal lock, let us send you another".

I just took a hacksaw to the top of the gimbal lock and removed the 1/8in of the top that was in the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell