Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R short film "Ethereal City"

Great demo of your skills, congrats and respect :) Picture is so precise and stylised, that my girflrend asked "is that for real or is it 3D rendered" :)

May I ask you what was highest ISO that you used for night shots? How noisy was it, and did you use some noise cancellation software (NeatVideo or similar)? What ware the apertures that you used for such deep field of view?

Great video. There is a place for all-aerial short clips, and to do it right requires heavy editing and effects to keep attention and variety, and you pulled it off.

Bravo!

Thanks everybody for the comments. To answer some questions, I used Adobe Camera Raw for all my initial color adjustments, some of them were later tweaked with Lumetri. My highest iso was probably 800 (for the night scenes) but I mainly tried not to go over 400 as the noise becomes pretty significant when shooting Raw, I had to heavily rely on using neat video to denoise many of the scenes. For my aperture I tried to keep it around 5.6 for all my day scenes (had to used a quality ND filter for this), and for the night scenes I tried to keep it above 2.8 to limit softness. Hope that helps!

Thanks everybody for the comments. To answer some questions, I used Adobe Camera Raw for all my initial color adjustments, some of them were later tweaked with Lumetri. My highest iso was probably 800 (for the night scenes) but I mainly tried not to go over 400 as the noise becomes pretty significant when shooting Raw, I had to heavily rely on using neat video to denoise many of the scenes. For my aperture I tried to keep it around 5.6 for all my day scenes (had to used a quality ND filter for this), and for the night scenes I tried to keep it above 2.8 to limit softness. Hope that helps!
Thank you for the detailed reply, it helps for sure. I send you best regards and wish you smooth flights and many more great shots.

Was the shutter always held at 180?

OK, my take...

First, the technical aspects are spectacular -- focus, exposure and smoothness. The quality of the imagery is first class for sure. Second, I like most of the cuts but towards the end you get too showy for my taste though I can see how others may differ. Lastly, I do hope you didn't violate any rules to capture this as it did appear you flew over people at times -- not trying to be that guy, just wanting you to keep it clean so to speak...

Brian

wow! Simply stunning, gave me goosebumps, the footage, the soundtrack, the editing skills, don't know what else to say!

Wow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide