Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XOAR props

Reaction score
A4572E61-FC9A-4E36-8BC2-FEAE3D91A40E.png Has anybody tried these props for the inspire one. I’ve heard good things about them.

F8D9317D-CD3B-40FC-8B17-08072C7D50E8.jpeg Just got my props installed took it for a quick flight. They are extremely nice. First thing I noticed right off the bat they are quieter

Have a set of the foldable and the Ultra Lights (2 pr) to do a little testing between the 3 Xoar props. They do offer the quick disconnects separately too. I like the pattern on the Ultra lights.

Not sure why, maybe web site updates... but the Xoar site’s foldable 13x4.5 props aren’t currently displayed.

XOAR Aluminum Self-tightening Adapter for 18 Inch Propellers and below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BR1R88...M0&pd_rd_r=0JTC9HEVYQ6WJPC67B84&pd_rd_w=T32Op

XOAR Precision Pair Ultralight Carbon Fiber Propellers PJP-T-LU 13x4.5 1345 for Multicopter

Edit: Foldable page back online.
XOAR DJI Inspire 1 / Matrice 100 Carbon Fiber Folding Propellers 1345 13x4.5 (2 Pairs)

Last edited:
Have a set of the foldable and the Ultra Lights (2 pr) to do a little testing between the 3 Xoar props. They do offer the quick disconnects separately too. I like the pattern on the Ultra lights.

Not sure why, maybe web site updates... but the Xoar site’s foldable 13x4.5 props aren’t currently displayed.

XOAR Aluminum Self-tightening Adapter for 18 Inch Propellers and below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BR1R88...M0&pd_rd_r=0JTC9HEVYQ6WJPC67B84&pd_rd_w=T32Op

XOAR Precision Pair Ultralight Carbon Fiber Propellers PJP-T-LU 13x4.5 1345 for Multicopter
you have pics or can you take/post pics of the XOAR folded

I purchased a set of folding carbon props made by KopterMax and sent them back. Absolutely beautiful set of props. The ability to fold them was great but I had some issues. First, they were louder than the stock props. I could hear them from several hundred feet away. I have been flying in the area for over 2 years with the same UAV and never heard a dog bark until I went airborne with these props. Second, I could touch the bottom of the legs and you could clearly feel some high harmonics happening in the airframe that were not present with the stock props. Third, I got no better flight time with the carbon props than I did with the stock props although the flight performance was maybe slightly better. The other issue I had was the front props touched the top of the gimbal mount when the legs were down so I had to loosen the main arms and tilt the motors outward. Not sure why that was happening other than the fact they were mounted lower on the motor shaft. I also called a well-known UAV supplier and ask them why the blades were so close and they couldn't tell me BUT he suggested not to use any other props than the stock ones. Their reason was that some aftermarket props can set up some unwanted harmonics in the airframe and they believe it has caused some unexplained crashes and flyaways. He said the harmonics in the airframe can cause issues with the IMU. I'm flying the Inspire 1 pro and would love to try another set of carbon props but I'm a little hesitant based on my first experience. I am familiar with XOAR props, I have used them flying giant scale RC for 15 years and they are top of the line. Of course, the XOAR is a different manufacturer and they are designed with different tips so these may not have some of the problems I experienced before. It would be interesting to see how these perform and get a good evaluation based on some issues I had.

I purchased a set of folding carbon props made by KopterMax and sent them back. Absolutely beautiful set of props. The ability to fold them was great but I had some issues. First, they were louder than the stock props. I could hear them from several hundred feet away. I have been flying in the area for over 2 years with the same UAV and never heard a dog bark until I went airborne with these props. Second, I could touch the bottom of the legs and you could clearly feel some high harmonics happening in the airframe that were not present with the stock props. Third, I got no better flight time with the carbon props than I did with the stock props although the flight performance was maybe slightly better. The other issue I had was the front props touched the top of the gimbal mount when the legs were down so I had to loosen the main arms and tilt the motors outward. Not sure why that was happening other than the fact they were mounted lower on the motor shaft. I also called a well-known UAV supplier and ask them why the blades were so close and they couldn't tell me BUT he suggested not to use any other props than the stock ones. Their reason was that some aftermarket props can set up some unwanted harmonics in the airframe and they believe it has caused some unexplained crashes and flyaways. He said the harmonics in the airframe can cause issues with the IMU. I'm flying the Inspire 1 pro and would love to try another set of carbon props but I'm a little hesitant based on my first experience. I am familiar with XOAR props, I have used them flying giant scale RC for 15 years and they are top of the line. Of course, the XOAR is a different manufacturer and they are designed with different tips so these may not have some of the problems I experienced before. It would be interesting to see how these perform and get a good evaluation based on some issues I had.

Correct, using carbon props during the initial developement, there was a definite vibration issue transferring through both frame and often the gimbal causing video visual issues. I'm not sure when, but later it was determined the issue was the mounting. If you were mounting the carbon prop directly to the motor, that induced vibrations. If you used a mount plate or some method to not directly mount to the motor, the vibrations didn't occur. The mounts provided an method to isolate the different harmonics.

The blades coming into contact with the gimbal bushings were two fold, 1) the motor mount thickness & distance off motor, 2) The physical shape of the prop, how they protruded from the mount base (second issues I've read, but have no fact).

Most carbon prop manufactures now provide an improved mount method. I haven't closely examined the KopterMax, but from both this site and various RC reviews they are top notch. The Xoar provides their mounting plate for the foldable and Quick Disconnects with the fix blades. Speaking without full knowledge, I have the Xoar standard I1 props and have ordered the Xoar Foldable & Ultra Light Props for a comparison so I haven't visually inspected, mounted or test flown all 3 versions yet.

Blade Noise has many variables, normally the big factors are the angle of the blade (fixed for RC), shape of blade: cord, width / lift, tip design, etc. The shape of the Xoar's blade length is slightly curved and the tip is radial shaped. I have not tested with instruments yet, but you can definitely hear the Xoar fixed blades are quite.

For pictures of shape of blade comparison, gimbal bushing clearance, etc. and similar subject line... check out a parallel running thread. Xoar Props

Last edited:
Correct, using carbon props during the initial developement, there was a definite vibration issue transferring through both frame and often the gimbal causing video visual issues. I'm not sure when, but later it was determined the issue was the mounting. If you were mounting the carbon prop directly to the motor, that induced vibrations. If you used a mount plate or some method to not directly mount to the motor, the vibrations didn't occur. The mounts provided an method to isolate the different harmonics.

The blades coming into contact with the gimbal bushings were two fold, 1) the motor mount thickness & distance off motor, 2) The physical shape of the prop, how they protruded from the mount base (second issues I've read, but have no fact).

Most carbon prop manufactures now provide an improved mount method. I haven't closely examined the KopterMax, but from both this site and various RC reviews they are top notch. The Xoar provides their mounting plate for the foldable and Quick Disconnects with the fix blades. Speaking without full knowledge, I have the Xoar standard I1 props and have ordered the Xoar Foldable & Ultra Light Props for a comparison so I haven't visually inspected, mounted or test flown all 3 versions yet.

Blade Noise has many variables, normally the big factors are the angle of the blade (fixed for RC), shape of blade: cord, width / lift, tip design, etc. The shape of the Xoar's blade length is slightly curved and the tip is radial shaped. I have not tested with instruments yet, but you can definitely hear the Xoar fixed blades are quite.

For pictures of shape of blade comparison, gimbal bushing clearance, etc. and similar subject line... check out a parallel running thread. Xoar Props
Based on my observations about the KopterMax props I'll be interested in how the Xoar folding props fit and function overall. The quick disconnects used on the fixed blades really concern me. It looks like they are reversed threaded which will work but it looks like it could suffer some of the same problems that they had with the first version of the Inspire 1. I'm also basing that on what a Xoar rep suggested to someone on the other thread about using plumbers tape or blue Loctite. If I can get a good report from your testing I may try a set of the folding variety.

Based on my observations about the KopterMax props I'll be interested in how the Xoar folding props fit and function overall. The quick disconnects used on the fixed blades really concern me. It looks like they are reversed threaded which will work but it looks like it could suffer some of the same problems that they had with the first version of the Inspire 1. I'm also basing that on what a Xoar rep suggested to someone on the other thread about using plumbers tape or blue Loctite. If I can get a good report from your testing I may try a set of the folding variety.
Actually that was my post, and he indicated they have had no issues and the same disconnects work up to 18" props on large platforms. He didn't suggest, he acknowledged my concern and said adding plumbers tape or loctite wouldn't hurt and if it gave a comfort value.

Placing the props on, you can feel the disconnects locking in.. not sure exactly how, thread pitch in lower section, design of hub & top plate surfaces, etc. But they have a positive lock up.

I have flown with three batteries. I put the bird through some hard stops turns and high speed runs. When I bought the bird down I did check the props to see how tight they were. They were good and tight it actually took a little bit to break them loose. I noticed no vibrations no nothing. The bird does respond extremely well. So far I’m impressed with them.

after you compare all three versions, please post back with your impressions

Reactions: Jim Weist
I have flown with three batteries. I put the bird through some hard stops turns and high speed runs. When I bought the bird down I did check the props to see how tight they were. They were good and tight it actually took a little bit to break them loose. I noticed no vibrations no nothing. The bird does respond extremely well. So far I’m impressed with them.

Awesome, glad you're enjoying them. You've placed more battery minutes than me... weather hasn't been entertaining and tomorrow predicts ice & snow!

Glad you feel quick disconnects are solid. You 2nd the same: they feel like they get tighter with flight. Makes you question you're turning the correct rotation, then "pop" ... they suddenly spin very easy.

I had expressed concern at first on how secure... and asked Rep if I could use a little bit of plumbers tape or loctite... he said it wasn't needed but also wouldn't hurt. After a few flights, you loose that uncertainty when you feel the tightness when removing props.

Have you noticed the quite flutter sound when you brake it hard... stop fast and makes a much quieter sound when props are suddenly thrown into a strong pitch.

Did you find any strong winds, do you feel they take less stick to counter the cross wind.

Awesome, glad you're enjoying them. You've placed more battery minutes than me... weather hasn't been entertaining and tomorrow predicts ice & snow!

Glad you feel quick disconnects are solid. You 2nd the same: they feel like they get tighter with flight. Makes you question you're turning the correct rotation, then "pop" ... they suddenly spin very easy.

I had expressed concern at first on how secure... and asked Rep if I could use a little bit of plumbers tape or loctite... he said it wasn't needed but also wouldn't hurt. After a few flights, you loose that uncertainty when you feel the tightness when removing props.

Have you noticed the quite flutter sound when you brake it hard... stop fast and makes a much quieter sound when props are suddenly thrown into a strong pitch.

Did you find any strong winds, do you feel they take less stick to counter the cross wind.
I definitely do not worry about the props coming off. As far as the control goes in the wind doesn’t take very much stick. The bird is very responsive. I’m definitely a fan of them.

after you compare all three versions, please post back with your impressions
Received the other 2 models, spare set of disconnects and a 2nd set of Standard Xoar today.

I'll take some pics tomorrow. All 3 versions look extremely nice. BTW: I created an acct on their Xoar site when ordering... took only 2 days shipping, and when you first visit site they give you a 10% off code for order. Not bad for direct site, normally the company site takes much longer than Amazon but they were quick. They then have a record of sale and I believe honor a full return if you don't like them.

Received the other 2 models, spare set of disconnects and a 2nd set of Standard Xoar today.

I'll take some pics tomorrow. All 3 versions look extremely nice. BTW: I created an acct on their Xoar site when ordering... took only 2 days shipping, and when you first visit site they give you a 10% off code for order. Not bad for direct site, normally the company site takes much longer than Amazon but they were quick. They then have a record of sale and I believe honor a full return if you don't like them.
how close do the folding ones fold together

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla