Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zeiss Cinemisers vs. Headplay?

Reaction score
I am going to take the fpv leap...for those of you who have use/have both - any thoughts? I know there is a large difference in cost. What are the other pros/cons?

I have the cinemizer's and the picture is great, the picture is even better if you do not use an adapter for the hdmi cable. They are hard to find but if you can find a hdmi cable with both ends being type C, and avoid the adapter. One more thing, I would definitely recommend the sun blocking goggle accessory.

I have the cinemizer's and the picture is great, the picture is even better if you do not use an adapter for the hdmi cable. They are hard to find but if you can find a hdmi cable with both ends being type C, and avoid the adapter. One more thing, I would definitely recommend the sun blocking goggle accessory.

I am curious what you mean by them being better without the adapter.
Please advise.
Thanks.

I am going to take the fpv leap...for those of you who have use/have both - any thoughts? I know there is a large difference in cost. What are the other pros/cons?

Zeiss Cinimizers have individual diopter adjustment guides for each eye, which makes them ideal if you wear glasses, as I do. I also like to wear them without the rubber sunshield so that I can easily push them down to see over them for takeoffs and landings.

I plug mine directly into the HDMI port on my Nvidia Shield monitor and get a sharp, vivid, HD mirror image of the DJI Go app screen. The Zeiss Cinemizer Nvidia Shield combo is hard to beat.

Before you decide on any FPV glasses or goggles ... check out .. AVEGANT GLYPH... they are going to change the game big time... i have had mine on pre order for 8 month...i am hoping ...they will be starting delivery next month.......

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneManDan
Used cinemizers many times, own Headplays. There is no comparison. The Headplays are in a different league with regards to size of image, quality of image and feeling of immersion.
The cinemizers are like looking at a small TV at the end of a dark tunnel. The Headplays are like being in the cinema.

I've owned many, many different sets of goggles including Dominator HDs, Attitudes, Skyzones etc and they are all crap compared to the Headplays.

Headplays look a little goofy but I don't care about that. They are also about 1/3 the price of the cinemizers.

Used cinemizers many times, own Headplays. There is no comparison. The Headplays are in a different league with regards to size of image, quality of image and feeling of immersion.
The cinemizers are like looking at a small TV at the end of a dark tunnel. The Headplays are like being in the cinema.

I've owned many, many different sets of goggles including Dominator HDs, Attitudes, Skyzones etc and they are all crap compared to the Headplays.

Headplays look a little goofy but I don't care about that. They are also about 1/3 the price of the cinemizers.

Great info and just what I was looking for in this thread!

Also, I will check out the AVEGANT GLYPH

Reactions: Steven Powter
I am still waiting for my Avegant Glyph to arrive... got a email last week saying ...pre orders will be sent in April .... thats 18 months since i order'ed them... 18 months flying of a ipad .."waiting" .. OMG... the wait is nearly over....

Headplay is what I have. The picture is spectacular. I fly so much better with them compared to the ipad....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop