Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

10-15 frames dropped between video files?

Reaction score
As you may or may not know, the X5 will split your video into 2 files once you record more than 4.2GB (~9minutes 20 seconds of 4K video). I noticed when I was looking at some client files this week that when the camera creates a new file it drops around half a second of the video, or about 10-15 frames.

My firmwares are all up to date.

There is a post on the DJI forums here - Missing video frames when spanning video files, and I was wondering if people knew about this or if there was a way to tell DJI or something constructive like that. I have a few cameras that create new files (GoPro, GH4, C300 etc) and none of them drop frames in between.

This "pro" setup has once again revealed a critical flaw.

Reactions: JJW and zoltanh
As you may or may not know, the X5 will split your video into 2 files once you record more than 4.2GB (~9minutes 20 seconds of 4K video). I noticed when I was looking at some client files this week that when the camera creates a new file it drops around half a second of the video, or about 10-15 frames.

My firmwares are all up to date.

There is a post on the DJI forums here - Missing video frames when spanning video files, and I was wondering if people knew about this or if there was a way to tell DJI or something constructive like that. I have a few cameras that create new files (GoPro, GH4, C300 etc) and none of them drop frames in between.

This "pro" setup has once again revealed a critical flaw.

Format your card in exFAT to increase file size to 16GB from 4GB:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 11.10.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 11.10.27 AM.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: SanCap
I have the same issue. Did you find any solution or fix to this issue?
As far as I remember, the early stage firmware versions didn't have this issue.
Why DJI always backward-update whenever they patch the firmware?

Hi, did you find any fix or solution?
Please do not post the same thing multiple times.
You have asked the same question (is there a fix) three times now and started a separate thread - it is not necessary to pepper the forum with this many posts.
One is sufficient and just reference a user by putting an '@' sign before their user name.

Please do not post the same thing multiple times.
You have asked the same question (is there a fix) three times now and started a separate thread - it is not necessary to pepper the forum with this many posts.
One is sufficient and just reference a user by putting an '@' sign before their user name.
OK. I see. I am sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool