Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

128GB Lexar card works great

Reaction score
I can confirm the 128GB Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 128GB UHS-I/U3 card works fine. It's actually identical to the card that came in my Inspire, only, well...with but with EIGHT TIMES the storage capacity.

I'm guessing DJI didn't list 128GB as they are fairly new is all.

Amazon purchase link is here for those interested: http://amzn.com/B00O1M21H8

Also of interest is a note by a reviewer who compared the performance of this card with the SanDisk, and this Lexar is almost 2X as fast as the SanDisk Ultra:

"PERFORMANCE: This 633X card is rated at 95MB/sec read speed, class 10. And it pretty much delivers on that promise, Using CrystalDiskMark 3 and the supplied USB3 adapter I measured 85 MB/sec. Lexar does admit that "write speeds will be lower", and indeed they were at 41 MB/sec.
For comparison a Sandisk Ultra class 10 card I have SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 card tested 44MB read and 11MB write in that same USB3 adapter. The Lexar was about twice as fast as Sandisk Ultra.

When writing 4K video you probably can't have a fast enough storage medium and the performance of the Lexar is probably why DJI chose Lexar over SanDisk as the card to ship in the Inspire.

Last edited:
Why do you need a card that big? Most flights only are 4-6gb, even at 4k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually do a lot of flying/filming on vacations and the 128GB will hold about 5 hours of 4K video. I have 5 batteries which should give me up to about 1.5 hours of raw footage per outing / day on one card.

Being able to hold enough footage from several days worth of flying on a 10 day trip allows me to leave my laptop at home and just bring 4 X 128GB cards and not worry about running out of storage.

My math:

Consumption:
10 day vacation X Avg 1.5 hours / day of 4k video capture = 15 hours

And

4 x 128GB cards = about 20hrs of storage.

Plus, not having to continually swap cards or extract to a computer saves me time in the field and let's me focus on scouting locations, flying and getting great shots.

Reactions: inspired1
Why not just buy 2X 64gb cards for less money and swap when changing batteries?

At least i know most professionals use many small SD cards, and change when they are full.
If you lose one card, its better to lose some of the stuff instead of all of it.

I'm probably going for a few 32GB's :)

Reactions: DaBone
At least i know most professionals use many small SD cards, and change when they are full.
If you lose one card, its better to lose some of the stuff instead of all of it.

I'm probably going for a few 32GB's :)

To each his own I guess. I prefer to do a days' worth of flying/shooting in one card.

I guess. :)

I don't want to take that risk if i do something seriouse though.
Swapping SD cards takes a few seconds at tops.

So many things can go wrong with SD cards, so better to be safe than sorry in my book :p

Reactions: DaBone
I guess. :)

I don't want to take that risk if i do something seriouse though.
Swapping SD cards takes a few seconds at tops.

So many things can go wrong with SD cards, so better to be safe than sorry in my book :p

Merko, I agreed ,"never put all eggs in one basket". I use 4 of 32gb. instead of 2 of 64gb. But each individual has his or her reason.

Was just getting ready for a shoot and started gathering my cards.... O boy, guess I lost track. I usually transfer everything to and from the 2TB Lacie since it takes about one third the time it takes to upload directly to my Mac hard drives. Did a full 31.2GB transfer in under 11 minutes. Not sure how this stacks up to others so let me know how long it takes you.

SDcards.jpg

You could film a feature length doc with all that memory! 32 GB cards are more than enough for me, in fact I use the 16 GB it came with the most... Go out, grab a few shots, back it up, format, repeat...
Plus as many have stated I switch cards after every flight, in case the bird goes down or the card gets FUBARed I still have footage from previous flights. I have more than enough memory to shoot for a full day, sunrise to sunset, and even then I would bring a laptop to back up at least every three flights.

Merko, I agreed ,"never put all eggs in one basket". I use 4 of 32gb. instead of 2 of 64gb. But each individual has his or her reason.
Back in the day of FILM..remember that stuff? As a pro photographer, I generally shot about 20-50 rolls of film an assignment. or more...At the lab, I'd run the film in separate batches, in case the lab screwed up which did happen occasionally. Better to lose some pictures than many...simple fact: Murphy's law in effect. So yeah, i only mostly 32 gig cards....in case Murphy shows up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters