Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1st bird back from service. 1st flight out and some Atti mode chasing

Reaction score
I took it out yesterday for a test flight at Tulloch Lake and did a couple passes and tests in GPS mode and then got a little gutsy and decided to test what I could do in smoothness of control in Atti mode. Now I have flown non-gps enabled quads for over a year prior to my I1 but I have gotten spoiled by the I1. Flight conditions was cloudy but glarey (wish I had my ND filters with me) and very windy (small gusts but mostly steady up to 25-30mph)

Let me clarify for the safety nazi's I was in a state park controlled boat launch, campground and marina and before I took flight I checked with park officals, security, and the ranger and all gave me the green light as long as I stayed 150ft above the dam (which was about 1.5 miles out from my position), stayed away from the power lines that were just to the east of my position and the lake residential community just to the south of my position. Other than that it was "Have fun, be safe and thank you for asking first".

At about 1:50 in the video I took off after a beautiful V-Cat power marine boat. I started in GPS mode but he accelerated much faster than GPS was going to let me go so I switched back to Atti and you can see some of the issues I had keeping pace with him, especially once he started turning. lol. All in all the majority of this video was shot in Atti mode and the dam and boat chase scenes were about 3/4 - 1 mile out from my position. But all in all zero complaints.

Last edited:
Me likey very much! If I may ask, what happened to the first one?

Me likey very much! If I may ask, what happened to the first one?

Bricked remote on update, super sloppy CF arm joint and intermittent video (but still had control of the camera via the TX and still captured everything on the card)

How did you get the cool background music to be uploaded with your video to Youtube? All the video's I've tried to make for fun, have all been rejected by Youtube stating that copyright material was present. Thanks

How did you get the cool background music to be uploaded with your video to Youtube? All the video's I've tried to make for fun, have all been rejected by Youtube stating that copyright material was present. Thanks

I just make sure to completed the advanced settings panel and if you notice there is an ad on my video, pays for the royalty use of the music which is automatic from Youtube. I can live with that. I know there is some songs that do not permit use on mobile devices and some are registered as no permitted at all. You would have to reference Youtubes database. I don't remember how to check it. I have just gotten lucky and every song I have picked has worked and I just take the ad. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips