Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3D Printed X5/Osmo Adapter

Yeah i just looked at the 100$ adapter it looks very nice and solid i am waiting for a reply from the seller i wanna know if there is any loose when the X5 is attached.

I am getting one for a review. Will post the video here once done!

My printed version wors like a champ! I went to a local printing shop and made sure it was working i wouldnt take the chance ordering it online tho. My guy did 2 adapters and the first one was loose i did not feel confident at all and the 2nd he printed was dead on and locks tight! I even shot driving downtown with my arm sticking out the window. Do not order that thing online go to a local print shot and try it on the spot.

i did the same as Phil from RC-Geeks, bought off eBay cost a tenner.
Waste of time and effort. Initially it worked OK and in fact I was confident enough to use the cycle mount and have a 10 minute ride round our local roads. Something obviously went wrong as the gimbal started going crazy whipping up and down against its stops after about the first 5 minutes. Quickly switched off and never to be used again. The video was fine but the DNG files totally unusable - very pink.
We just need to bind our time and wait for the adapter and more specifically the firmware from DJI.

i did the same as Phil from RC-Geeks, bought off eBay cost a tenner.
Waste of time and effort. Initially it worked OK and in fact I was confident enough to use the cycle mount and have a 10 minute ride round our local roads. Something obviously went wrong as the gimbal started going crazy whipping up and down against its stops after about the first 5 minutes. Quickly switched off and never to be used again. The video was fine but the DNG files totally unusable - very pink.
We just need to bind our time and wait for the adapter and more specifically the firmware from DJI.
Same here my DNG files are all pink . But perfect in jpeg. Its weird because they look fine in the import screen of lightroom but as soon i import them it goes to s#%t!

I tried one out last week and wrote a blog post on it.... I've heard a mixed response about these 3D printed versions, but without a doubt, the one i received was terrible. Check out the end of the video.. that happened several times!
www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/testing-dji-osmo-zenmuse-x5-review-unofficial-ring-adapter
It's tough with 3D printing as there are so many different printers and material options. When I got mine done locally the kid (he was like 14 years old, pretty funny) asked what it would be used for, I explained the application and he recommended using PLA material. He also had to build little supports for the pieces to print. I was pretty skeptical when I got it as it was a little rough around the edges, but I sanded down some of the plastic burrs and it actually works great. Fits quite tightly and does not feel sketchy or loose in any way. The FW version is obviously not functioning perfectly but if I leave it in manual it works as well as can be expected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez