Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

4K paper weight and worst customer service ever!

Reaction score
Well after 5 hours of Inspire1 flight time the gimbal has quit working.
- 1 hour and 30 mins on DJI live chat
-1 hour and 45 mins of hold time over 3 calls with DJI N America (only 10 total mins of actual talking to them) Will, Oscar, and Corey.
-30 mins of hold time talking to B & H (with no resolution)

So now I'm up to almost as much hold time as flight time.

DJI: Send it in at your own cost ($113) and we will get it back to you in 6 weeks.........
Me: 6 WEEKS!!!!! Ok... I'm trying to run a small business here, I have a shoot in two weeks what can you do for me?
DJI: "Well maybe you can go rent one...."
Me: So I can't pay to expidite or better yet, get a loner for a week or so?
DJI "No that's not our policy."
Me: Can I talk to a supervisor?
DJI: Nope. It's our policy
Me: can you just send me a new gimbal?
DJI: Nope. you have to send it in.

So now I have finally found the worst customer service in the world. I'd love to return the thing to B&H all together but I'm outside of their 30 day window. Now I'm stuck with a $4K paper weight, well actually I don't even have a paper weight because it's stuck in the abyss that is DJI North America. Maybe they will let me have congical visits with it where they can F--k my more. The inspire had so much potential. Rushed it to market with know issues and now we are the test dummies.
I can only hope the fist Billion dollar drone company can get their act together for future customers. As for me, I'm stuck with the inspire now but I won't be purchasing anything else from DJI after this cluster F--K.

Well, not to defend DJI or anything, but as i work as a PC technician, and get lots of people that just want to send in their PC and get a new one the very same minute, it's not really how it works

Their technician need to take it in to see if its a factory fault, or damaged somehow. But I do see your frustration. Sucks buying a brand new camera drone and then wait another 6 weeks for a fix. They really should lower their service time, or get more employees around the world that can fix those.

Anyways hope you get it up and running asap!

Reactions: Kilrah
Merko, you have a good point. I'm just extremely frustrated and had to vent. WHOOOOOSA! lol I should have just bought a second one for backup I guess. $8K was just a bit hard to swallow. Thanks for the perspective.

Reactions: Merko
I have been wanting a backup Inspire now, I am afraid of being onsite and having a issue that I cant resolve myself. Its easier to just switch to another copter and carry on with work and address the problem with the other one at home. Did you try reconnecting the gimbal and check the contacts for FOD?

I have been wanting a backup Inspire now, I am afraid of being onsite and having a issue that I cant resolve myself. Its easier to just switch to another copter and carry on with work and address the problem with the other one at home. Did you try reconnecting the gimbal and check the contacts for FOD?

And this is exactly why I kept my Phantom 2 Vision+. If you're a business…..always carry a backup!

I did check all the contacts and reconnected about a dozen times. Ran through the whole list of stuff from tech support. I'll have to just wait it out.

So it's still under warranty but you have to pay for the shipping to get it fixed??? I can see if it was user error or something, but if the manufacturer is at fault and they confirm that, surely they should reimburse you for shipping?

I feel for you. I've owned a Phantom and Phantom 2, no real issues with either one. I got my Inspire about 3 weeks ago and within an hour of flying it developed the "Wobble". 90 minutes on hold about 3 minutes talking with someone. Send it back at my cost, 5-6 week turn around. You must be freaking kidding me? Never sent it back and sold it locally, not what except with spending $3000.00

Hey jetwash..
I feel your pain brother. ..
I've went through the dji la shuffle. .
spent more than 5 hours on hold and had to pay my own shipping that they denied a rembursment for and turns out my inspire does the same thing it did before I sent it in to dji la..
while flying in a straight line my inspire just spins out and takes a while to get it straighten out. .
anyway for you guys who use drones for work I would suggest having more than one unit for backup. .maybe even a few different drones..
also jetwash you might just want to buy a spare camera and gimble. .I think they are around 550.00 usd which is almost 100.00 usd cheaper than a phantom vision plus gimble camera. .
unfortunately guys dji isn't perfect or its employees, but who is??
Just try and have patience and except that's how it is and roll with it..
maybe check out the new voyager 3. .it looks pretty high performance. .check out a foreign pilot test fly one on you tube and crash it..
tell me that the voyager won't out fly the inspire. ..haha..
Turbo. ..

I feel for you. I've owned a Phantom and Phantom 2, no real issues with either one. I got my Inspire about 3 weeks ago and within an hour of flying it developed the "Wobble". 90 minutes on hold about 3 minutes talking with someone. Send it back at my cost, 5-6 week turn around. You must be freaking kidding me? Never sent it back and sold it locally, not what except with spending $3000.00
Hey FASTFJR. .
I'm fairly confident that you're turn around time will be around 3 weeks.. so hold tight..
also for you other pilots that need to send in their inspire ask for a shipping label when you first talk with them otherwise more than likely you won't be rembursed.
turbo. ...

Hey FASTFJR. .
I'm fairly confident that you're turn around time will be around 3 weeks.. so hold tight..
also for you other pilots that need to send in their inspire ask for a shipping label when you first talk with them otherwise more than likely you won't be rembursed.
turbo. ...

Thanks but its gone, between the problems with the firmware, IMU, redesign of props (prop locks) and now the Wobble I was crossing my fingers not to get I'm calling uncle. This is not a cheap $300 craft its a $3000 machine and for that amount of money it should not have too many issues. I'm out for now, I'll take a look in another 6 months when Inspire V2 comes out. Maybe I got a Lemon, a coworker of mine has one with 20 hours and now issues

By gone...do you mean you sold it? With it's issues?

Yes sold last weekend to a local guy. I was lucky and only lost $200.00. The guy I sold it to is an engineer and wanted to pull it apart. The issue was wobbling, from the arms being too loose, I spent way too much time on hold and when I finally got someone they said to send it back at my cost and it would take 5-6 weeks. Sorry but thats BS in my book. New shims or not, this should have been found and corrected long before the release, seem's like lots of other have the same issue

Well after 5 hours of Inspire1 flight time the gimbal has quit working.
- 1 hour and 30 mins on DJI live chat
-1 hour and 45 mins of hold time over 3 calls with DJI N America (only 10 total mins of actual talking to them) Will, Oscar, and Corey.
-30 mins of hold time talking to B & H (with no resolution)

So now I'm up to almost as much hold time as flight time.

DJI: Send it in at your own cost ($113) and we will get it back to you in 6 weeks.........
Me: 6 WEEKS!!!!! Ok... I'm trying to run a small business here, I have a shoot in two weeks what can you do for me?
DJI: "Well maybe you can go rent one...."
Me: So I can't pay to expidite or better yet, get a loner for a week or so?
DJI "No that's not our policy."
Me: Can I talk to a supervisor?
DJI: Nope. It's our policy
Me: can you just send me a new gimbal?
DJI: Nope. you have to send it in.

So now I have finally found the worst customer service in the world. I'd love to return the thing to B&H all together but I'm outside of their 30 day window. Now I'm stuck with a $4K paper weight, well actually I don't even have a paper weight because it's stuck in the abyss that is DJI North America. Maybe they will let me have congical visits with it where they can F--k my more. The inspire had so much potential. Rushed it to market with know issues and now we are the test dummies.
I can only hope the fist Billion dollar drone company can get their act together for future customers. As for me, I'm stuck with the inspire now but I won't be purchasing anything else from DJI after this cluster F--K.

I would suggest going to NAB in Vegas in the middle of April. It is the biggest broadcast TV conference in the world.
DJI will be there and you can yell and scream at them there. I plan on doing so.

Reactions: Jetwash and FASTFJR
I would suggest going to NAB in Vegas in the middle of April. It is the biggest broadcast TV conference in the world.
DJI will be there and you can yell and scream at them there. I plan on doing so.

Make sure you post the Youtube link!!!

I will be there. You can yell at me all you want. Just ask for Tahoe Ed. They know who I am.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips