Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aloha from Oahu!

Reaction score
Website
www.fourtwigs.com
Hello everyone! New member here. I recently sold my Phantom 4 to upgrade to an Inspire 1 X5R. My wife and I run a photography business, and we're wanting to add drone photography to the offerings/portfolio. The dynamic range and image quality on the P4 just wouldn't keep up with the Nikon DSLR quality we're used to, so it was a good excuse to upgrade. I'm also seriously considering getting into real estate photography/videography, and the X5R will be a much better fit for that as well.

I've started studying for the 107, but with the recent updates I'm holding off a bit until the new study guide is released. Still working on studying the aeronautical charts part, since I don't foresee that changing much. ?

Full time I'm an Army Public Affairs Officer currently stationed in Hawaii. I'm currently in Maryland for three months for a qualification course, so plenty of time to study...

Attachments

• 135458343_3675659135813851_3366758916055242471_o.jpg
    135458343_3675659135813851_3366758916055242471_o.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 7
I was stationed in Hawaii while in the Navy. Today's drones didn't exist back then but I am sooo envious of the scenery at your disposal. I'm curious, do you have a gimbal system for your DSLR and if so what do you use? If you don't have one, I would suggest getting into that as well for your real estate side.

I kind of started from the sky side and want to make myself more accommodating by doing internal real estate photography as well. I have a Sony and looking to get a gimbal for it.

Go Army, beat Navy! ?

I do have a Zhiyun Crane V2 that I use with my Panasonic G7. Here's a website with photos/video I did when selling our last home. Photos are Nikon D800 with Sigma 12-24mm 2.8 and Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 G2. Video is Panasonic G7 with 7-14mm 2.8 and 24-35mm 2.8. Drone video was with my Phantom 4. Graded/edited in Adobe Premiere Pro.

The Crane is a solid gimbal hardware-wise, but I'm not real thrilled with Zhiyun's software. Setting up things like time lapses, tilts/pans when tripod-mounted, and things like that is not very intuitive, and pretty flaky as well.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Little curious, what is meant by gimbal for the I1? A handheld mount for the X5R or I1? I inquire because I'm setting up the M600Pro with RoninMX to mount a Sony A7Riii, and I wasn't aware any platform smaller provided the option to use alternate gimbals like the M600Pro.

The X5R is a great gimbal payload... very nice with the 12mm f2 M.Zuiko lens!

Welcome to the Inspire forum, great threads to review from many!

The l1 with X5R is a superb setup, great MFT camera compared to smaller sensor payloads. You gain the additional formats without the additional licenses associated with the I2 and X5S. Little longer processing time, but near equal outcome. Plus the X5R appears to have a better sensor than the X5 and you can use in same capacity capturing to SD card instead of SSD HD.

Looking at your photo in hindsight, I see the handheld gimbal... question answered.

Curious as to the 2nd monitor attached to Radio. Are you doing a PIP arrangement with the I1 and LB?

Thanks Doug! Yeah, one of the Inspires I bought came with the DJI Osmo gimbal. I haven't played with it much, but if it works well I may stick with that and the X5R instead of getting a BMPCC 4K like I had been planning. I'm not too worried about the processing time, but pretty hefty editing machines.

The second mount is for an FPV monitor.

Thanks Doug! Yeah, one of the Inspires I bought came with the DJI Osmo gimbal. I haven't played with it much, but if it works well I may stick with that and the X5R instead of getting a BMPCC 4K like I had been planning. I'm not too worried about the processing time, but pretty hefty editing machines.

The second mount is for an FPV monitor.
Ahhh... so the I1 has a sm FPV camera attached... didn't see that one. Separate transmission and receiver. I have a setup to do that in box for I1 (FPV, transmitter & monitor), just never installed... moved on to I2 and never got completed.

I do know from similar on M600pro... you can mount a FPV and connect directly to the LB module and within GoApp select PIP and provide a PIP setup on 2nd tablet or send to alternate monitors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry