Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Altitude Unlocked?

Reaction score
Website
www.airnashville.net
I flew today and was taking some high altitude photos of clouds when I realized that the DJI GO never gave me the "max altitude has been reached" recording. I looked at my altitude and I was at nearly 900 feet :eek:. I'm running FW 1.8.1. I'm wondering what's changed since I've always gotten the recording in the past. I brought it back down quickly but, I have a feeling I could have pushed it all the way to an automated return to home...

You double checked your Max Altitude setting in the DJI GO app? The setting is in Meters not feet, so if you put in 400, it could go up over 1300ft

I flew today and was taking some high altitude photos of clouds when I realized that the DJI GO never gave me the "max altitude has been reached" recording. I looked at my altitude and I was at nearly 900 feet :eek:. I'm running FW 1.8.1. I'm wondering what's changed since I've always gotten the recording in the past. I brought it back down quickly but, I have a feeling I could have pushed it all the way to an automated return to home...

The software is limited to 500m that's more than 1500ft. There was a bug that allowed you to go beyond that with RTH but with vertical speed limited to 1m/sec. So at 900ft you are well within DJI allowance.
V.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
You realize you are breaking the law going over 400 feet?
Total disrespect for local aircraft.
I would suggest taking a drone certified course to understand this because right now, you are one of those yahoos who hasn't a clue about safe flying and by doing so, are putting the industry in further peril with law makers!

Reactions: Figbar
I would suggest taking a drone certified course to understand this because right now, you are one of those yahoos who hasn't a clue about safe flying and by doing so, are putting the industry in further peril with law makers!
Look airnazi, part of why I posted this was to illustrate how even seasoned professionals can make mistakes. I am certified as well as Part 107 certified.

Look airnazi, part of why I posted this was to illustrate how even seasoned professionals can make mistakes. I am certified as well as Part 107 certified.
"Airnazi" thats funny. :D
Stuff happens, you realized your mistake and learned from it...I do have one question...What did you mean by "as well as Part 107 certified." I thought 107 doesn't kick in until 8/29...

"Airnazi" thats funny. :D
Stuff happens, you realized your mistake and learned from it...I do have one question...What did you mean by "as well as Part 107 certified." I thought 107 doesn't kick in until 8/29...
If your Part 61 certified you can take the Part 107 now. Doesn't apply to UAS pilots. 8/29 is correct for them.

Dude, he said he was unaware. excuse me, i meant yahoo.

Reactions: huppe
If your Part 61 certified you can take the Part 107 now. Doesn't apply to UAS pilots. 8/29 is correct for them.
You are not a Certified Remote Pilot until it appears on your license.

Just taking the course does not certify you. You must then take the certificate to a CFI, DPE or FSDO along with your license, your last flight review, government issued photo ID in order for them to add it to your certificate.

You can not do this until 8/29.

Also you do not certify under part 107, you operate under Part 107. It is like saying you are a Part 91 certified pilot.

Do be careful, if you are not, I would certainly not post it on an open forum. Big brother may be watching.

You are not a Certified Remote Pilot until it appears on your license.

Just taking the course does not certify you. You must then take the certificate to a CFI, DPE or FSDO along with your license, your last flight review, government issued photo ID in order for them to add it to your certificate.

You can not do this until 8/29.

Also you do not certify under part 107, you operate under Part 107. It is like saying you are a Part 91 certified pilot.

Do be careful, if you are not, I would certainly not post it on an open forum. Big brother may be watching.
Not worried at all...

You can not be Part 107 Remote Pilot Certified because the test has is still not available until the end of this month. And your flight, as per Part 107, accident that it was as you say, is to be reported by YOU. Dave is correct. You obviously have misunderstood Part 107 and what it means to be certified. FYI- I am a certificated Private Pilot ASEL with Instrument rating, so I know a little something about how it all works.

What was your Altitude setting. I've seen 500 meters to be the max

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44