Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Announcement, March 1st.........

Yes! DJI care included for the first year with automatic credit card renewal after 12 months.
Also, templates and social media sharing software is now built into the Aircraft itself so you have to use it before you are allowed to take off.

I took part in that DJI customer survey the other day and got a call from China. They were asking for feedback on the app specifically about the social sharing and video editing aspects. I gave them a piece of my mind regarding this forums feeling on the social sharing crap and other needless features. I did however make recommendations about better logging systems for flights and batteries to help professional users.

I took part in that DJI customer survey the other day and got a call from China. They were asking for feedback on the app specifically about the social sharing and video editing aspects. I gave them a piece of my mind regarding this forums feeling on the social sharing crap and other needless features. I did however make recommendations about better logging systems for flights and batteries to help professional users.

If you ever get a chance for that type of feedback again, let me add one annoying item we have in the states. Even though the GO app lets you choose Metric or Imperial, the app never does anything with the information. All the readouts and information displayed is always in metric. So, lets say you select 90 feet for a failsafe return altitude, it is actually 90 meters. This causes quite a bit of confusion, especially for new pilots. This is a problem that DJI has failed to address since it first introduced the pilot App.

If you ever get a chance for that type of feedback again, let me add one annoying item we have in the states. Even though the GO app lets you choose Metric or Imperial, the app never does anything with the information. All the readouts and information displayed is always in metric. So, lets say you select 90 feet for a failsafe return altitude, it is actually 90 meters. This causes quite a bit of confusion, especially for new pilots. This is a problem that DJI has failed to address since it first introduced the pilot App.

There was an email to all DJI owners asking for feedback. Worth checking your email/junk folders. Basically you just submit your contact details and then they ring you up. Surprisingly, I thought it would just be a customer service person, but it turns out I was speaking to one of the people involved with the app development itself. They asked about any bugs, but I couldn't think of any obvious ones off the top of my head.

There was an email to all DJI owners asking for feedback. Worth checking your email/junk folders. Basically you just submit your contact details and then they ring you up. Surprisingly, I thought it would just be a customer service person, but it turns out I was speaking to one of the people involved with the app development itself. They asked about any bugs, but I couldn't think of any obvious ones off the top of my head.

Thanks for the info, but I never got the email. I check my junk folder every week too. If It came my way I would have responded for sure. When did you get the email?

Thanks for the info, but I never got the email. I check my junk folder every week too. If It came my way I would have responded for sure. When did you get the email?

It was about 2 weeks ago. I then got the call from them last Wednesday. Anyway, this is off topic, so should wrap it up.

What I find interesting is it has dual IMU's and dual compass modules on board for redundancy - Nice touch!

Reactions: dopeytree
Object tracking looks pretty cool since capturing footage when You circlling the moving object in focus is not easy. With this feature they presented in P4 it looks super easy and save lot of nerves and time during flight...

Object tracking looks pretty cool since capturing footage when You circlling the moving object in focus is not easy. With this feature they presented in P4 it looks super easy and save lot of nerves and time during flight...

As long as it works and you learned how to fly if it fails ;-)

Chris

Reactions: The Editor
As long as it works and you learned how to fly if it fails ;-)

Chris
I agree :) One hand I would like it works that easy, other hand I realize how marketing video can mislead most of us. Anyway 120fps feature and the tracking feature are the only I am jelouse as an Inpire owner

Maybe they will disagree with each other!
Possible - this is why for true redundancy you need three (the software then takes a 'vote' on the data coming from the modules but two is more than any other consumer drone currently has.
Wasn't impressed with the tracking ability/speed though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD