Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Announcement, March 1st.........

<sarcasm> I heard that it came with a clear, concise, and codified explanation of all of the UAS laws in the United States. And a complimentary mint. </sarcasm>

A few things I've ordered from China or HK lately have come with a complimentary mint.

A mint with a new drone would be nice.

Brand new teaser from DJi which makes the hype even bigger. From what we can see it is P4 for sure. Really can't wait for March 1st :))))

New craft all together. Not a P4.

Look at the logo which DJI release in the announcement, it is clearly a shape of a phantom like machine.. and in addition the price drop on the whole phantom series...

I agree, phantom 4.

I hope the camera (for stills) is not crap. I love my phantom 3 but the stills are really mediocre.

Brand new teaser from DJi which makes the hype even bigger. From what we can see it is P4 for sure. Really can't wait for March 1st :))))

my iphone is showing a Q symbol and i can not see the video only have sound... what am i missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a waterproof/totally weather resistant quadcopter. Collision detection is a great idea, but resistance to rain should also a serious consideration. The NEW body looks like it might be such a machine. That and more powerful motors would faster return-homes, less crashes, and an extended range of possible flight days/times. Here in the Pacific Northwest it rains on and off from October to mid-June. When its raining you don't dare fly. What is this was NOT such an issue? That would enable flights almost year-round.

Such a weather-resistant multi-rotor is the weakest link in the DJI UAS chain. So, don't be too surprised. I'd buy into that solution in a heartbeat!

I'd like to see a waterproof/totally weather resistant quadcopter. Collision detection is a great idea, but resistance to rain should also a serious consideration. The NEW body looks like it might be such a machine. That and more powerful motors would faster return-homes, less crashes, and an extended range of possible flight days/times. Here in the Pacific Northwest it rains on and off from October to mid-June. When its raining you don't dare fly. What is this was NOT such an issue? That would enable flights almost year-round.

Such a weather-resistant multi-rotor is the weakest link in the DJI UAS chain. So, don't be too surprised. I'd buy into that solution in a heartbeat!
The only problem is whenever there is precipitation the forward movement of the aircraft means the lens gets water droplets on the front element/filter and renders the footage unusable.

I am more worried about rain getting into the motor and shorting it, or making its way into a critical electronic component and downing the aircraft, than I am about spots on my lens (as troubling as that would be).

I fly probably 35% or more of my flights over water (scenics) and so a forced landing is not in my plans. It would be a total loss, so its sunny or at worst cloudy—but not raining—weather for me! : )

Brushless motors are not so much of an issue in light rain as the electrical components aren't really exposed -- I'd worry about any use of brush type motors with rain, even light rain, but brushless is not the problem that brush types are.

No, I wouldn't dunk a brushless motor into a tank of water, but the items that are exposed, the stator windings, are covered to insulate them.

The bigger problem, as E indicated, is water getting on the lens which would ruin the video/images you might wish to capture and also obscure your FPV view.

Brian

Brushless motors are not so much of an issue in light rain as the electrical components aren't really exposed -- I'd worry about any use of brush type motors with rain, even light rain, but brushless is not the problem that brush types are.

No, I wouldn't dunk a brushless motor into a tank of water, but the items that are exposed, the stator windings, are covered to insulate them.

The bigger problem, as E indicated, is water getting on the lens which would ruin the video/images you might wish to capture and also obscure your FPV view.

Brian
A bigger problem is water shorting your battery terminals.

The only problem is whenever there is precipitation the forward movement of the aircraft means the lens gets water droplets on the front element/filter and renders the footage unusable.

A possible solution to the "water drops on my lens" problem might be circumvented by ONLY flying your 'copter backwards, thereby preventing water from reaching your lens. Of course the props are also throwing water around, so although a theoretical work-around, in practice this may not prevent this problem.

There are sprays that can remove beading on glass and have been used (if memory serves) by GoPro shooters who are filming action under/above the water. Might be possible to coat a UV filter, for example and throw that on to reduce issues. However, it seems that this might work best for immersion drops and not necessarily tiny droplets picked up flying through (for example) drizzle or fog?

LMao ^ Fatty P4 not digging the look.

I don't think the thicker body will have much effect on aerodynamics but if that thickness is so it can hold a much bigger battery we could be looking at a P4 with an honest 30+ minutes flight time. That wouldn't be something to laugh about!

Brian

I don't think the thicker body will have much effect on aerodynamics but if that thickness is so it can hold a much bigger battery we could be looking at a P4 with an honest 30+ minutes flight time. That wouldn't be something to laugh about!

Brian

Not saying it wont be a better phantom just saying its fat comparing to a p2 p3. And honestly i dont mind shorter flights with my i1 because everytime i swap batteries i double check my props and clean the lens filter if needed. But i use my birds for video production i'm sure the weekend flyers will be happy with 30min non stop flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44