Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another bricked 'slave' remote?

Reaction score
Well, the upgrade to 1.2.1.0 seems to have bricked by 2nd remote control. After successfully updating my Inspire, Master remote, and batteries, I went to upgrade my slave remote.

It began normally, but unlike my master, it just went on beeping for over an hour. I shut it down. No .txt. file. Now, I can boot it up and the light is purple, buttons beep, like everythign is normal, but it won't connect to my tablet anymore, and it won't try upgrading again.

I've tried different, freshly formatted USB cards and even connecting to the gimbal... Nothing will let it begin the upgrade again... <Sigh!>

Anyone else solved this particular issue?

Best,
Ben

If I remember correctly, I had to set my second controller to master in order for it to update. Then afterward, set it back to slave.

How can I do that if I can't connect to the tablet?
The attached file helped to recover my bricked slave during the last firmware upgrade. It's worth a try. Just put it on a USB drive in the root directory (make sure it's the only file at the root) and boot up the slave.

Attachments

• gs_ofdm.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: Tj_
Thanks. Tried that, on several USB sticks, and even attached to the Camera... No joy. The remote will no initiate the upgrade... :(

B.

Talked to DJI. RMAd and sent back. Single pilot for a while for me... :(

Ben

Same here remote foooked here a new one hold c1 c2 record button and also to wheel for Iso then power on whilst holding all buttons.. Then open app and update. Yep done all that and still f all

Same here remote foooked here a new one hold c1 c2 record button and also to wheel for Iso then power on whilst holding all buttons.. Then open app and update. Yep done all that and still f all
With that procedure you are suppose to update via USB not through the app.

So why do I get this of dji !!

Support1 EU (DJI)

Nov 4, 15:50

Dear,

if your update on the Inspire 1 TX has failed try the following workaround.
Please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO,
meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go),
then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated.

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

So why do I get this of dji !!

Support1 EU (DJI)

Nov 4, 15:50

Dear,

if your update on the Inspire 1 TX has failed try the following workaround.
Please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO,
meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go),
then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated.

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
Have you tried the reset file and instructions from this forum?

Here - Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC | DJI Inspire Forum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth