Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another firmware update problem :(

Hum... trying it in transportation or landing modes is something I did not try... I always did it with the legs fully down into landing mode.

Unfortunately it's already back at dji repair... hopefully when I get it back this will be a non issue for a while.

I'll keep you posted if there are any other updates.

Hum... trying it in transportation or landing modes is something I did not try... I always did it with the legs fully down into landing mode.

Unfortunately it's already back at dji repair... hopefully when I get it back this will be a non issue for a while.

I'll keep you posted if there are any other updates.
We will forget about it by the time you get it back. 3 months later!! Good luck

Just got the drone back. That was much faster than last time.
It's dark out so I don't feel foolish enough to go out and fly it tonight. But the firmware all checks out as the latest, and it seems to be talking to the remote correctly. :)

I checked the serial number on the camera and it is indeed different. So they replaced the camera for no charge.

The price you pay is time and frustration, but I have to say, I'm pleased with their actually standing behind their product, and under 2 weeks this time, that's pretty reasonable for an RMA.

Good:
1) replaced all bad parts, free of charge, even those that I broke the first time around.
2) RMA turn around seems to be < 2 weeks now
3) customer support when you can actually get them on the phone, was fast and courteous

Bad:
1) RMA turn around used to be horrible... hopefully that's not what future customers will experience
2) horrible customer support hours... I had to take time off of work to call, and spent a couple hours on hold.
3) firmware update was so flaky it was hard to tell if it was even working... lots of reports online of it failing for other people.

Does it even out? I guess that depends on your need. For me it's a hobby and I'm not fighting any deadlines to get things shot. So I can live with the delays. I hate them, but I can live with them.
I expect lots of flight time in the future and if the drone lives up to my expectations all will be forgiven. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters