Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone Broadcasting Live to Outside Broadcast truck for TV?

Reaction score
Website
www.worldmediafilm.com
I have been asked to fly at a major athletics meet ( all permissions, permits etc etc in place). Footage to be used in live broadcast.

I hope to be able to take the 720p feed from the slave Remote, convert it to SDI and have the cable run to the OB truck.
The slave remote needs to be positioned on the outfield to allow for the cable run but I will be flying from the infield.

Is there a restriction on the distance between the remotes?

I have also noted that the image on the slave remote is lost more often and more easily than that of the master.

Anyone that can share experience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

I have been asked to fly at a major athletics meet ( all permissions, permits etc etc in place). Footage to be used in live broadcast.

I hope to be able to take the 720p feed from the slave Remote, convert it to SDI and have the cable run to the OB truck.
The slave remote needs to be positioned on the outfield to allow for the cable run but I will be flying from the infield.

Is there a restriction on the distance between the remotes?

I have also noted that the image on the slave remote is lost more often and more easily than that of the master.

Anyone that can share experience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
The distance between remotes is limited to 50m in ideal conditions (in and around a stadium I would imagine considerably less). Also, as you know, the link isn't that robust/reliable and is based on 5.8ghz not 2.4. Having said that, this is only for control so the video is actually received directly from the aircraft to both remotes simultaneously.
However, depending on what equipment you are using for HDMI / SDI conversion it can be fussy if the link is lost and re-establishing handshake to the HDMI link upon regaining a sync again. Some require unplugging the HDMI and reconnecting, some require reboot and some will regain a link after going through a time out period and reconnecting themselves. Unfortunately, the HDMI protocol is not standard on this.
Just be mindful of the above.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
The distance between remotes is limited to 50m in ideal conditions (in and around a stadium I would imagine considerably less). Also, as you know, the link isn't that robust/reliable and is based on 5.8ghz not 2.4. Having said that, this is only for control so the video is actually received directly from the aircraft to both remotes simultaneously.
However, depending on what equipment you are using for HDMI / SDI conversion it can be fussy if the link is lost and re-establishing handshake to the HDMI link upon regaining a sync again. Some require unplugging the HDMI and reconnecting, some require reboot and some will regain a link after going through a time out period and reconnecting themselves. Unfortunately, the HDMI protocol is not standard on this.
Just be mindful of the above.
my slave RC looses video and lags very soon constantly and i use my konvision broadcast monitor kvm7051 on my master RC to convert from hdmi to hdsdi. since it has a function called "fast mode" latency is close to zero or not noticable. i do not know why my slave lags and is not working the way it should. i gave up on asking or trying to resolve it with DJI. i can't sell my unit anymore do to its milage and the fact that it is first gen which is not a big issue yet as can use the master RC. my second not so much used unit would be nice if i could trade in for a black version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep 50m only, and due to the less reliable link on the slave you'll probably want to connect to the main radio.

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela