Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried RTH (with landing) on the new FW?

Reaction score
I flew 7 packs today and forgot to check the landing speed on RTH.
Anyone tried it yet?
Is it considerably slower and more gentle descent with a gentle landing or is it still a ground aiming missile??? :D

Yes I have just got back in from flying and I tested the RTH to landing and motor shutdown several times with no problems. It was particularly gusty weather but overall the Inspire 1 operated really well although there was a mild drift when held in a GPS stationary position.

The other aspect I was testing was the advanced gain settings where I have turned all four settings down to 70% from 100% . Thats Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical. I find the Inspire 1 a little bit to frisky for me sometimes. I found this exercise to be successful and was more able to carry out smooth slow movements. NB. Any changes like this should be carried incrementally and with extreme caution.

I have also adjusted the speed of the camera tilt, again slowing it down.

Overall this seems a solid firmware upgrade.

Yes I have just got back in from flying and I tested the RTH to landing and motor shutdown several times with no problems. It was particularly gusty weather but overall the Inspire 1 operated really well although there was a mild drift when held in a GPS stationary position.

The other aspect I was testing was the advanced gain settings where I have turned all four settings down to 70% from 100% . Thats Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical. I find the Inspire 1 a little bit to frisky for me sometimes. I found this exercise to be successful and was more able to carry out smooth slow movements. NB. Any changes like this should be carried incrementally and with extreme caution.

I have also adjusted the speed of the camera tilt, again slowing it down.

Overall this seems a solid firmware upgrade.
Thanks, was it a slow decent and gentle landing or was there a moment where you think 'oh, oh....there goes my landing gear'?

Yes, everyone's gain preferences will be different and now they have introduced the facility to adjust the dynamic braking it's more settings to play with but you're right, people should tread cautiously.

Just came back from testing the new firmware and did test the RTH.It only came down from about 100 mtr away.All went ok.Came down slowly and no problem at all.
This latest FW upgrade is the best move 'till so far.Now waiting for a less bit of wind and I can test it on longer distances.
O forgot to tell that all my settings were gone,so I had to do this alll again.
Gain settings will follow when the wheather is better.

Just came back from testing the new firmware and did test the RTH.It only came down from about 100 mtr away.All went ok.Came down slowly and no problem at all.
This latest FW upgrade is the best move 'till so far.Now waiting for a less bit of wind and I can test it on longer distances.
O forgot to tell that all my settings were gone,so I had to do this alll again.
Gain settings will follow when the wheather is better.
Thanks.

I have been out to 1.3 miles on the new FW in a place I fly regularly. One thing I did notice was I didn't get a single video glitch - not one. All the way out and all the way back! Now before this at those distances I would get a channel change around half way out with a break up for around 1 second.
Too early to say the updates to the air encoders and remote have improved matters but looking very promising.

Thanks.

I have been out to 1.3 miles on the new FW in a place I fly regularly. One thing I did notice was I didn't get a single video glitch - not one. All the way out and all the way back! Now before this at those distances I would get a channel change around half way out with a break up for around 1 second.
Too early to say the updates to the air encoders and remote have improved matters but looking very promising.

Awesome! I was hoping to hear something like this. It's always been a little unnerving to me when the channels change and you get that momentary breakup. It's like that feeling you get when you've leaned back a little too far in your chair and you know its up to fate from that point... Lol. Hopefully this has gone away now. Thanks Editor. Glad to hear this.

The yaw gain option needs to let you drop it MUCH MUCH more, maybe to 20%. Saves from having to mod the controller

I'm not so sure. I did a RTH the other day on the new firmware. It came down pretty hard.

Has anybody done RTH while their landing gear was still in the raised position? I have never tried this and wanted to know when the aircraft starts to lower the landing gear during the RTH procedure.

I'm not so sure. I did a RTH the other day on the new firmware. It came down pretty hard.

Has anybody done RTH while their landing gear was still in the raised position? I have never tried this and wanted to know when the aircraft starts to lower the landing gear during the RTH procedure.
Well it did on older version so it should on this one. Give it a try, you can interrupt RTH at any time!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool