Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone using an iPad on ios 14?

Reaction score
I would appreciate if anyone using an iPad on ios 14 would relate their experience running flight apps.
  • Which iPad model
  • Which flight apps do you use.
  • Did you use the apps on the ipad on ios 12 or earlier.
  • What is your general impression. and how does it compare to the earlier ios version (if applicable).
Thanks folks!
Dave

Dave, iOS 14 is very mature at this point. I’m running multiple iPads of various types from mini5’s, pros and 6th thru 7th gen iPads all on 14 with apps like go4, skyward, airmap, etc with no major problems other than typical app bugs.

iOS 15 will be released next month. Are you talking about 15?

Reactions: Dave Pitman
No, I'm checking 14. My pads have been sandboxed on 12 and work perfectly. But I may be forced to update to keep up with the software toolkits used in some apps, Map Pilot, for one. I know both 13 and 14 had reported power drain issues running the same apps that ran fine in 12. So, that is my concern and caution.

Thanks for your feedback!

Copy that. Since you have taken so much care to sandbox since circa 12 I'd say it would be worth buying a whole new device rather than update anything you have now. As you know, once you find a combo that works, never change it.

I don't run map pilot but I have not had any power drain issues with 14. At least, nothing that seems abnormal.

I literally just purchased a second 12.9" Gen 3 iPad, but have locked it down to iOS 13.2.2. I've heard nothing but bad things about iOS 14.

D

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry