Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Auto and Manual not staying set in camera settings

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamtimeentertainment.com
We have been flying with a Master and Slave remote. When the camera operator sets camera mode to Manual and I take off, it immediately switches back to Auto and stair stepping can be seen in the video image as the exposure changes. When this occurs, the operator cannot change the setting back, We tried landing and resetting Manual control a few times, which operated on the ground. Then as soon as the I1 lifts off, it reverts to Auto a few feet off the ground. Any tips?

Does your operator leave the camera settings pane open? If he wants to hide it he needs to swipe it away, not press the button that brings it up in the first place (that switches back to auto).

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Does your operator leave the camera settings pane open? If he wants to hide it he needs to swipe it away, not press the button that brings it up in the first place (that switches back to auto).

Yes I've only just found that out too after 2 months of owning an Inspire. The photo and video section of the Inspire manual really needs redoing with a LOT more info.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Testing dual remotes on the ground today I noticed that it switches from manual camera into Auto as soon as the camera control panel is closed by clicking the icon below the record icon on the Pilot app or using the programmable button on the remote which is set to "Camera Controls". Set control to manual, close the panel - Switches back to AUTO as can be seen in the feed, which will change exposure ect. and the setting now will show AUTO.

BUT if I click on the Inspire settings icon in the upper right corner of the app WHILE the camera control panel is open, this closes the CC panel and it KEEPS it in manual mode! Again as seen immediately that the image does not change exposure and the setting remains in manual.

So that is one work around that may work. Have not tried this while in flight.

Testing dual remotes on the ground today I noticed that it switches from manual camera into Auto as soon as the camera control panel is closed by clicking the icon below the record icon on the Pilot app or using the programmable button on the remote which is set to "Camera Controls". Set control to manual, close the panel - Switches back to AUTO as can be seen in the feed, which will change exposure ect. and the setting now will show AUTO.

BUT if I click on the Inspire settings icon in the upper right corner of the app WHILE the camera control panel is open, this closes the CC panel and it KEEPS it in manual mode! Again as seen immediately that the image does not change exposure and the setting remains in manual.

So that is one work around that may work. Have not tried this while in flight.
Once you have manually set your exposure just swipe the panel closed off to the left of the screen. This will keep your manual settings and close the panel.

Reactions: mambrin
Can anyone help with a similar problem - I have two controllers but often only use one. I have found that I can't seem to change the camera to manual mode at all when using only one controller. If I plug in the second one I can with by pressing the 3 little sliders on the right hand side of the app but no luck with only one controller "the master" anything that I'm missing?

Reactions: mambrin
I think that in dual mode, the camera remote controls exposure and the pilot does not have control. Try power cycling everything with the camera remote off. I have not used dual mode much, but that occurred once when we were testing. I think after the second lipo pack, both remotes lost the ability to control cam exposure. I thought it was related to the same auto manual thing we experienced. But Ed's suggestion to swipe closed the panel instead of hitting the settings button a 2nd time may be the work around (have not tested with Android .10 app)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop