Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Auto takeoff, IMU bug, and manual options

Reaction score
Since auto takeoff is crashing due to IMU bug, is it more advisable to always take off and land manually?

How difficult is that to do in slightly windy conditions or in crowded or congested places?

My understanding is that the IMU issue isn't exclusive to auto takeoff.

My understanding is that the IMU issue isn't exclusive to auto takeoff.

So it may glitch during all other stages of flight as well?

Is manual mode also reliant on data from the IMU? If that is the case, then that would be a huge cause for worry.

Has anyone tried test flying it indoors on carpet in crowded living room? Essentially, how stable is it hovering only 3 feet or so off the ground and staying in a fix place not moving at all?

So it may glitch during all other stages of flight as well?

Is manual mode also reliant on data from the IMU? If that is the case, then that would be a huge cause for worry.

Has anyone tried test flying it indoors on carpet in crowded living room? Essentially, how stable is it hovering only 3 feet or so off the ground and staying in a fix place not moving at all?
Its not gone stay in a fixed place, controllable but not locked it drifts. Much better then the phantom tho

Correct. We already have one reported "fly-away" shortly after a manual takeoff. By manual mode, I'm assuming you mean manual takeoff in either P-Atti, P-Opti, or P-GPS mode. The IMU is critical in keeping the craft level. I could be wrong but I don't think there's any mode where the IMU data is not utilized by the craft.

Okay thanks. Also, curious for a $3k craft, why no range / collision avoidance like the ZANO that costs only one tenth the price?

Even if IMU is giving wrong inputs and data is off, there should be an IR detectors to know that unit is about to strike the wall/garage and for it to override the IMU data, and then back off so it doesn't collide with a wall!

Guys, you need a bit of reality here. There have now been thousands of units shipped. It can be expected that a few of them would have issues. DJI is addressing the "crashes" and "fly aways". We have requested all those units back, right now I think that is about 4. We will analyze the flight data logs and determine the cause. Before this happens we are all speculating. Those of you that are happy flying, continue to do so. I just got my dual controller production Inspire, am I stoked, dang right. Now to upgrade and calibrate. Tomorrow to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop