Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Ok I guess I will not be trying this app out its nasty weather keeps returning here in Clearwater Florida so give my spot to someone who can help beta test and when the bugs and thing are worked out I'll buy it but until then guys it seems to be a lot of good things to come from this application as I have been watching this thread from the beginning till now

Reactions: Maurice
I believe that most of your questions are already answered in Flight School.

I wanted to point at that we are also continually updating the FAQ as you guys ask questions:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/support
Ok, here is the issue. I went out this afternoon. I'll get some video up later. The issue with IOC and multiple flight mode. If your remote is set to gps mode and you turn off IOC, shifting to F mode enables IOC. Now, if you FIRST put the remote in F mode and then disable IOC in the pilot app, it sticks and works. For some reason, you can't have the remote in GPS mode and disable.

Hi Jim. Is AP beta testing aimed at coming fully online ( off beta) when DJI officially releases the next firmware update ( for phantom 3 enabling SDK to work) or will AP still be reliant on DJI's beta firmware? If the later is the case, anyone have any info on when likely the next DJI firmware (not beta) is slated for release?

• Today's winds also made testing less than ideal but I could see the aircraft trying to do its job anyway. • Performed Orbit using iPhone 6+ with its barometer, and an iPad 3 mini, and the Mini flight showed frequent altitude adjustments...thus the need for the barometer. The wind was less trouble on Hover on both iPad and iPhone. I could only test Follow using the iPhone before winds increased and it did fine as I walked about. I'm concerned that users will want Follow to be useable at low altitudes but if attempted in some of the car videos I've seen there is just too much chance for collision with wires, poles, etc...unintended consequences.
• This program is great and makes reading the manual both useful and necessary. Users will get quick reinforcement on Orbit and Hover but the other modes require care to succeed.
• My favorite thus far: zip line. That is dramatic and is going to make videos exciting again.
• Glad to pay for production software when released...it can only be better on top of already great.

Reactions: Bahamasky
[QUOTE="
• My favorite thus far: zip line. That is dramatic and is going to make videos exciting again.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your exoerience. It appears other users have found zip lip challenging. Do you have any specifics on it, like how well it worked? Videos?

[QUOTE="

Thanks for sharing your exoerience. It appears other users have found zip lip challenging. Do you have any specifics on it, like how well it worked? Videos?[/QUOTE]
Sorry...I should have said FOCUS...not paying attention to my typing. I haven't tried Zip Line as winds these last days only permitted a few shots at Hover and Orbit.
WTC

Last edited:
Reactions: kode
Oh yea, just downloaded and installed the beta, going to read flight school tonight and go flying tomorrow. cant wait to test Orbit on my buddy house build, I will post vid's and thoughts after. honestly I cant wait to test all of it. thank you Autoflight...

Hi, Just been accepted into the Beta program and was wondering where I can download the latest beta version of the DJI firmware from?

OK. So I just installed the firmware update and got a success. I didn't notice the second battery being updated though. It just powered on the AC. I also tried updating the RC and it seemed to be a successful update. I didn't get a log file for the status of the update and I checked in the DJI Pilot app in the about section and it still has the old firmware. Will this be OK there Autoflight Logic?

I'm not able to test the App till possibly tomorrow night but I was just wondering with say the Orbit function do you set it once the aircraft is in the air or when it is still on the ground, say for example if I have chosen a POI to fly around?

just wanted to chime in and say that I'm SO excited about this app. Having read the flight school, it seems like it is an incredibly powerful tool. I was on the verge of wanting to sell my Inspire, having been seduced by the ease and 'advanced' features of something like the Lily or AirDog, but this looks like it will go a long way to addressing my concerns. Hilarious that DJI haven't done this themselves, but it is actually reassuring that this software looks so well considered and designed. I'm very impressed by the designers. I'm not on the beta list as simply won't have time, but am very keen to buy it the second it is available for purchase.

For what it's worth, the features I will want to use are;
  • having a wireless GPS receiver (as mentioned earlier in the thread) to attach to (say) a wakeboarder, so the camera can follow them automatically whilst I fly, or even whilst it does both at the same time.
  • It would be great to be able use a second controller to control the gimbal whilst the autopilot flies a follow patter or a zip wire. Is that likely to be possible? If not, how is it possible to control the gimbal whilst autopilot is engaged? Is it just via the shoulder buttons on controller 1? (a bit clunky) [apologies - just seen the answer to this in the advanced section of the flight school!]
can't wait!

Last edited:
Would like to double check something regarding altitude particularly for when using zip line feature.

Sorry if this is an obvious question but cant get my head around this

Lets say I'm filming a golf course/hole and its up hill, I set the point A to be the "tee" (where I am) and point B to be the "Green" and set an altitude of 40 foot, would it maintain 40foot all the way from A to B (assuming it was in a straight line) or is the altitude measured always from the RC and not the ground so I somehow would need calculate the height?

Thanks, testing this evening, cant wait :)

Hello @all
my name is uwe and i come from germany.

i'am new in this forum and one oft the autopilot beta-testers and so
i made a small video this morning. it was a little windy - 30km/h

i like the autopilot app and focus, hover and follow mode is great
so far but i have always a little problems to understand 100%
the zipline mode.

here is my video

Reactions: Eric Rose and Patou
Would like to double check something regarding altitude particularly for when using zip line feature.

Sorry if this is an obvious question but cant get my head around this

Lets say I'm filming a golf course/hole and its up hill, I set the point A to be the "tee" (where I am) and point B to be the "Green" and set an altitude of 40 foot, would it maintain 40foot all the way from A to B (assuming it was in a straight line) or is the altitude measured always from the RC and not the ground so I somehow would need calculate the height?

Thanks, testing this evening, cant wait :)
I think I would set the points to POI and then fly to the points manually and set with aircraft.

If you just sent 400 invites :) how many more of us do u have in the waiting list,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clear weather this AM, used up two batteries in general flying doing AutoPilot's FOCUS, ORBIT, FOLLOW modes. Started Zip Line but realized I'd better read the Flight School doc more carefully first. Everything quite satisfactory. Also did general flights using DJI GO...also very satisfactory.

Uwe

I like your transmitter tray/sunshade combo.

Any links to where you got it from and how you find it compared to the stock lanyard?(I think I know the answer to the last question!!)

Danke Schon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide