Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

All I know is this,

There is no way in hell I am updating my firmware. As of now my inspire works perfectly with AutoPilot, and this makes me happy. and in 24 more days when my beta of autopilot expires, I will have a melt down and probably cry :(.

So my request is make a version I can pay for until release, so I can continue to enjoy your most bad *** app.

My Inspire without your app is like sex without an orgasm. there is no point.

Can you guys do a quick test for me? Put your Inspire on your desk, props off, and engage focus mode with the strategy set to direction. Then move your device around to make the gimbal not point straight ahead, and then disengage Autopilot. Does the gimbal reset back to FPV 0 degrees?
I just ran your test and the answer is no it does not.

Reactions: Eric Rose
All I know is this,

There is no way in hell I am updating my firmware. As of now my inspire works perfectly with AutoPilot, and this makes me happy. and in 24 more days when my beta of autopilot expires, I will have a melt down and probably cry :(.

So my request is make a version I can pay for until release, so I can continue to enjoy your most bad *** app.

My Inspire without your app is like sex without an orgasm. there is no point.
Appreciate the sentiment - and you should know that the expiration in TestFlight only applies if a new build is not uploaded. I assure you that we will not wait more than 30 days between updates, for however long this takes.

DJI has confirmed that the recently released firmware does not support the SDK, even though the release notes claim that it does. Do not update your firmware if you are participating in the beta test.

Besides, I had tried all possible options and focus strategies this morning. All with same result.
Interesting. I just tried it again with one of our test Inspires and it works like a charm. Mind taking a quick video while you do it? Interested to see and hear that the gimbal does. There is a distinctive chirp when it responds to the reset request from the app.

there's no chirp because it does nothing at disengage. It just hangs in whatever position it is. There's little to see and hear, other than a gimbal that's out of position. No sound or movement at disengage.
Mind taking a quick video while you do it? Interested to see and hear that the gimbal does. There is a distinctive chirp when it responds to the reset request from the app.

Here a short video. Funny thing is that the second time I disengaged it suddenly reset (never did that before). The next 2 times it didn't.

Last edited:
Can you guys do a quick test for me? Put your Inspire on your desk, props off, and engage focus mode with the strategy set to direction. Then move your device around to make the gimbal not point straight ahead, and then disengage Autopilot. Does the gimbal reset back to FPV 0 degrees?
I followed your instructions to a T except I was outdoors. When hitting disengage and then done the camera doesn't even twitch, just points the same direction as it was and does not reset. In my case it didn't even point to the RC as i had it set possibly because the RC and AC were too close together.

So is it OK to run the new DJI Go with our beta firmware? It seems to work fine but just thought I would ask.

Appreciate the sentiment - and you should know that the expiration in TestFlight only applies if a new build is not uploaded. I assure you that we will not wait more than 30 days between updates, for however long this takes.

DJI has confirmed that the recently released firmware does not support the SDK, even though the release notes claim that it does. Do not update your firmware if you are participating in the beta test.

Interesting. I just tried it again with one of our test Inspires and it works like a charm. Mind taking a quick video while you do it? Interested to see and hear that the gimbal does. There is a distinctive chirp when it responds to the reset request from the app.

Actually, the new firmware does support the SDK - but not fully.. The new firmware works with the two android apps: Litchi and Ultimate Flight which requires SDK for GS/POI.

However, the new firmware is not fully compatible with the current SDK as some functionality has been broken. I'm pretty sure this new firmware was made to be paired with the next android and IOS SDK (which was referenced in a recent developer's email by DJI). Once the new SDK is released by DJI, the developers will most likely need to make some changes to their app.

BTW, one of your beta tester on the P3 also confirmed it working on the P3 1.3.20 firmware on the phantompilot site..

Last edited:
I followed your instructions to a T except I was outdoors. When hitting disengage and then done the camera doesn't even twitch, just points the same direction as it was and does not reset. In my case it didn't even point to the RC as i had it set possibly because the RC and AC were too close together.
My camera does the same thing. I've also noticed when I'm switch back to P, close AutoPilot and open the DJI app the gimbel setting is set to free and no longer in Follow.

After some more testing I have discovered a pattern. I mentioned in my reports to you that at times the camera does not track the RC properly and it is during those times when I disengage that the gimble does not reset. If it Is tracking the RC properly and I disengage then it seems to reset the gimble.

After some more testing I have discovered a pattern. I mentioned in my reports to you that at times the camera does not track the RC properly and it is during those times when I disengage that the gimble does not reset. If it Is tracking the RC properly and I disengage then it seems to reset the gimble.
I only used POI for my test video. And outside as well to be sure I would have enough GPS signal. You can see that 1 out of 4 times it did reset. No clue why it worked that one time.

Got a few more flights in last night. Really enjoying this app.

2 things I would like to see:

First, LARGER Dashboard readouts. Currently, they read more like a grocery store receipt...efficiently packed but not pretty. I would prefer something more "easily glanceable" without having to search for what I'm looking for. Think more like a Garmin G1000. See image attached.

Second, would like to see some sort of quick access, "Return to Home and Hover (not auto-land) to bring it home where the pilot can then switch to manual mode and land. Perhaps a quick entry mode similar to Zipline, but with only one point, and three options (take off point, RC location, user entry location).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: lake_flyer
Flew the Inspire today w/ the iPhone and AutoPilot Apple Watch interface/app.

Watch app provided good pertinent detail. Very clean presentation. Did not try anything other than to "disengage" from the watch and it responded immediately.

I only used POI for my test video. And outside as well to be sure I would have enough GPS signal. You can see that 1 out of 4 times it did reset. No clue why it worked that one time.
Just pushed Build 26, which has an attempt to correct this issue, please test when you can.

First, LARGER Dashboard readouts.
Are you using an iPad? The font sizes were chosen to accommodate all screen sizes, so they may look unnecessary small on iPads. We may look into doing something special for the iPad view.

Second, would like to see some sort of quick access, "Return to Home and Hover (not auto-land) to bring it home where the pilot can then switch to manual mode and land. Perhaps a quick entry mode similar to Zipline, but with only one point, and three options (take off point, RC location, user entry location).
It sounds like you are describing Hover Mode. Just drop a pin on your location and engage.

Is it possible to save a POI in Orbit (and other) mode(s)? Would be great to repeat the same flight with the same settings for construction sites to get the evolution in the time...

If it still exists i can't find it

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah