Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Hi, i don't know if it's right time or place but i trow it in anyway6:)

Would it be possible to have a function in autopilot where you fly your rute manualy to make a waypoint mission, like the one now where you draw your route on a map.

Would it be possible to make this route outoff the log(flightdata) like importing these as a waypoint mission

The reason is that you don't always fly high enought to avoid diffrent stuff the aren't marked on a map. When flying manual on these spot you often have to make manouvers that would not look good on video like stops, brake turns altituude adjustment and so on
So if you could record and adjust the route you fly manualy, and then make it automaticly i think the aerial videos would have a lot more opertunitys to make extrordenary and impressive footage.
I know the GO app have something simular, i don't know for sure since i never have used auto flying in GO app.

Thanks

Btw, thanks for a great software, you taking aerial footage to new hights on this app already

Reactions: Trevlan
I just received my pro I will test send me a link please
You can sign up here.

Would be much easier if you could use aircraft position using the C1/C2 button
Right now the C1 button seems to automatically try to open DJI GO. The C2 button is already in use for other things (search Flight School for C2 with Advanced Mode Controls selected). Open to the idea, but it would require a setting to say what you want C2 to be used for (to override the current behavior).

In other news:
We discovered a firmware issue that prevents the aircraft from executing Return-to-Home (RTH) on RC signal loss when any third-party app is connected via the SDK. Our testing does show that RTH will activate when the critical battery level is reached (configured in DJI GO), but this may result in the loss of your aircraft if the home location is too distant. DJI indicated that this issue will be resolved in the next firmware update, but they have not given us a timeline. Until then, we strongly recommend that you do not operate Autopilot (or any third-party app) near the edge of signal range.

We have posted this notice on our homepage as well.

We discovered a firmware issue that prevents the aircraft from executing Return-to-Home (RTH) on RC signal loss when any third-party app is connected via the SDK. Our testing does show that RTH will activate when the critical battery level is reached (configured in DJI GO), but this may result in the loss of your aircraft if the home location is too distant. DJI indicated that this issue will be resolved in the next firmware update, but they have not given us a timeline. Until then, we strongly recommend that you do not operate Autopilot (or any third-party app) near the edge of signal range.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Reactions: Trevlan
Have you tried the Use Aircraft Position technique like in this video?

Hi and thanks for reply
Yes, have tried it but not at so low altitue as i thinking of. The map would not show detalis you want to avoid when setting it up. Let say you wanted to fly along a small path in the Woods(3-4 m wide) and under the tree Crowns(6-10 m above ground) but still in reach of GPS signal. You got to make a lot of adjustment if you fly manualy (and most of footage bould be to short or not very smooth). It you had an option to fly this route manualy first and based on that route you could smooth out the mission line in app (turns, altitude, fokuspoint, camera adjustment and so on) to make a smooth and nice fly line. Thou i Guess you could use the waypoint as it is now to make some of it.

thanks

@Autoflight Logic
Any recommendations on how to setup a peer-peer airspace network that gets 200ft as shown in your documentation? I tilted the default iOS peer network (airdrop?) and it drops after 20ft or so. I would imagine Bluetooth would be longer, but don't know how to set that up.
iOS automatically selects the communication protocol (bluetooth or ad-hoc wifi) as part of the multipeer connectivity development framework. Presumably the ad-hoc wifi has greater range than bluetooth, so if you are connected to infrastructure wifi it may only be able to use bluetooth. If you are connected to a wifi network, have you tried disconnecting?

iOS automatically selects the communication protocol (bluetooth or ad-hoc wifi) as part of the multipeer connectivity development framework. Presumably the ad-hoc wifi has greater range than bluetooth, so if you are connected to infrastructure wifi it may only be able to use bluetooth. If you are connected to a wifi network, have you tried disconnecting?
I was outside, so not connected to infrastructure wifi. I assume I was connected to ad-hoc wifi. Let me try again this afternoon

I was outside, so not connected to infrastructure wifi. I assume I was connected to ad-hoc wifi. Let me try again this afternoon
Hmm. Wasn't able to keep a peer-peer network connection past 50ft. It was an RC park so could be due to interference. I was able to get the longest distance by disabling air drop and Bluetooth, with wifi on.

Camera controls show Standard, Hard, Soft options. These seem to equate to 0,+3,-3 in the DJI GO app. Does the SDK allow for a +/- 1 or 2 setting? Also saturation seems to be missing.
Something to look at in a future minor update...

Hmm. Wasn't able to keep a peer-peer network connection past 50ft. It was an RC park so could be due to interference. I was able to get the longest distance by disabling air drop and Bluetooth, with wifi on.
It really just depends on your test environment. 250ft was a best case scenario in our testing (direct line of sight, limited signal interference, etc). Have you tried Network Airspace instead?

Camera controls show Standard, Hard, Soft options. These seem to equate to 0,+3,-3 in the DJI GO app. Does the SDK allow for a +/- 1 or 2 setting? Also saturation seems to be missing.
Something to look at in a future minor update...
We will add Hue and Saturation in the next update, thanks for pointing it out.

@Autoflight Logic Is it possible to implement flight duration/battery estimation after planning a mission? Something like Pix4D.
Say I created a mission and want to know estimation of how long will the mission lasts, or how many battery are needed to complete that mission. This will certainly helps.

Thanks been playing with the app but weather prevented flying to test.

Last one

Is there a mode or an option to program to allow one stick to control forward speed and yaw with the camera being on the other stick.

Still playing with all the options.

Impressed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candyjoy