Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Another explanation could be if you engaged while the aircraft was already flying and chose to use the current aircraft altitude as ground level, then all the altitudes would be too high potentially.
YEP! This was the problem. I thought I was flagging ground level as that of the operator. Sigh.

It uses a combination of bluetooth and ad-hoc wifi. How far apart were the iPad and iPhone? Did you have the iPhone running a personal hotspot? If so try disabling it. Granted, the Airspace type doesn't sound like the culprit, but even still, it is preferable to use peer-to-peer when you can.
I can set Airspace up very rapidly with Peer-to-peer. Then it loses connection in about 15-20 feet. I do not have a personal hotspot running on the phone. Would be happy to continue to troubleshoot . The reason I had asked about bluetooth is that I had been using an external GPS via bluetooth on my ipad, but I disabled that and it still rapidly dropped peer-to-peer. I am running iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2

Pretty proud of that bit of math to be honest...thanks for noticing :)
You should be!

I chased my iPhone 6s while it was attached to my Phantom 2 again today. It does a lot better with the "governors" removed....responsiveness was set to instant on both the bird and the gimbal. It did a better job at keeping the Phantom 2 in the frame. It's definitely better to tone down the responsiveness to create a slow lazy waypoint flight and video.

As other's have pointed out, when engaging, sometimes the bird shoots above the set altitude and then settles back into correct position. It does not cause a problem other than for me to look at it and say "where are ya going??". It did it badly with Target mode today.

Quick question about the 'Disengage on RC Flight Mode' setting. I think it is turned off by default and this is recommended in the youtube video on Autopilot settings. I don't understand this setting. Is it not more logical for Autopilot to disengage a flight when you want to override it by switching from F to P for example in case of emergency? Am I not understanding something? We love Autopilot by the way, it is amazing software.

Hi, this off topic, but Autoflight Logic guys sure have the skill to do it, and i hope they someday will :)

I think the Autopilot is a great piece of work and i have a suggestion to make a app for the OSMO With better option than DJI seems to come up with, this tool is a great Companion to the drone to make more interesting videos, With both groundbased and areial footage.

Hi guys I have a feature request

Can you add the ability to save a Flight plan from the flight dashboard

I'm currently doing so some AP of a building site where houses are being built, I want to use Target to set specific points that I can take pictures as the building progresses from the same point so I can put together a time laps of progress, as this is a building site the maps are not usable as they just show a field so I have to fly to both the focus point and aircraft location in the flight dashboard and set it as aircraft location, however to save this for future use I have to then click done, return to the main screen and Save flight plan.

Iv also found this may not always work.

The Ability to safe the flight plan from the dashboard would be perfect.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, what mode can i use to set up a spiral in Autopilot, one altitude, and fokus on one point(senter)

Thanks
If yes you are not changing altitude then it wouldn't really be a spiral so I'm guessing that's a typo. To create a spiral I would use cruise mode or possibly orbit mode and use the joystick to increase the altitude.

I would love to see an app or add on that pulls the logs and displays all the same data locally on my smart device.

Would be better that costly monthly subscriptions.

OK great. I noticed that interpolation also does not seem to work between Focus Strategies: Direction > Yaw Reference: Absolute and Focus Strategies: Direction > Yaw Reference: Course.
That is correct, only Focus Strategies with the same exact settings can be interpolated currently.

in the Focus Strategies: Direction page it would be nice to be able to rotate the craft multiple time like i did in the mission i posted. It was really cumbersome to do it the way i did in that mission example. Perhaps there could be a field where we could enter a number great than 360 and then a direction checkbox (clockwise / counter clockwise).
So basically instead of specifying an angle for the yaw, you want to specify angular velocity (such as 1 degree / second)?

Hi...not all of my flights are getting automatically uploaded to Healthy Drones. My ipad air 2 is not cellular enabled and I sometimes see a message flash for a second that says upload to Healthy Drones is not successful. Any way to create a button to push flights to Healthy Drones once we are in a wifi area?
The app will automatically attempt to upload to Healthy Drones just by opening it. However, if there has been an upload error in the last hour, it will wait until an hour has passed.

YEP! This was the problem. I thought I was flagging ground level as that of the operator. Sigh.
Open to suggestions on how to make that dialog more clear.

Then it loses connection in about 15-20 feet. I do not have a personal hotspot running on the phone.
Is this the issue you solved by turning off wifi on the devices?

It does a lot better with the "governors" removed....responsiveness was set to instant on both the bird and the gimbal. It did a better job at keeping the Phantom 2 in the frame. It's definitely better to tone down the responsiveness to create a slow lazy waypoint flight and video.
You can use the new Settings Profiles feature to conveniently switch between these two use cases.

As other's have pointed out, when engaging, sometimes the bird shoots above the set altitude and then settles back into correct position. It does not cause a problem other than for me to look at it and say "where are ya going??". It did it badly with Target mode today.
Can you email a flight log showing this?

Quick question about the 'Disengage on RC Flight Mode' setting. I think it is turned off by default and this is recommended in the youtube video on Autopilot settings. I don't understand this setting. Is it not more logical for Autopilot to disengage a flight when you want to override it by switching from F to P for example in case of emergency?
The setting is off by default because switching from F to P already immediately gives you control of the aircraft. This will put Autopilot into RC Override, which means it will still be engaged but not actively sending any flight commands (even if it did the aircraft would ignore them in this state). At this point, you have the choice to either disengage via the onscreen button, or switch back to F and let Autopilot go back to sending commands.

I think the Autopilot is a great piece of work and i have a suggestion to make a app for the OSMO With better option than DJI seems to come up with, this tool is a great Companion to the drone to make more interesting videos, With both groundbased and areial footage.
Stay tuned, we have something coming that you might like. Do you have any specific feature requests?

Can you add the ability to save a Flight plan from the flight dashboard
Will add it to the list.

Hi, what mode can i use to set up a spiral in Autopilot, one altitude, and fokus on one point(senter)
Do you mean like this?

I would love to see an app or add on that pulls the logs and displays all the same data locally on my smart device.

Would be better that costly monthly subscriptions.
Can you elaborate? DJI Logs? Autopilot Logs? You want to pay monthly? etc

I'm trying to understand Airspace peer to peer requirements and am wondering if an ad hoc wifi connection has to be set up manually, or is automatically triggered by the software. If it's the former, how do I do this, as there seems to be no provision for setting up a peer to peer connection? I'm using iOS 9.2 on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5C. There is no cellular connection on either device.

Svein Arne Kvamen said:
Stay tuned, we have something coming that you might like. Do you have any specific feature requests?

Was thinking about some preset timing on pan/tilt ( like motorised Dolly) when making timelapse.

Do you mean like this?

Yea, guess you can make a mission, that i was thinking about with that mode

thanks

If yes you are not changing altitude then it wouldn't really be a spiral so I'm guessing that's a typo. To create a spiral I would use cruise mode or possibly orbit mode and use the joystick to increase the altitude.

Well yea , but what do you call a flat spiral :)

I was out flying a mission today and it was really jerky so after it completed the mission i changed the responsiveness to 5 seconds and tried to run it again and i got "rc override" error.

Check out our new app for the Osmo: Autoframe.

I was out flying a mission today and it was really jerky so after it completed the mission i changed the responsiveness to 5 seconds and tried to run it again and i got "rc override" error.
Are you running 3.1? This is a known issue that has been corrected in 3.2, which is pending app store approval.

So basically instead of specifying an angle for the yaw, you want to specify angular velocity (such as 1 degree / second)?
I would prefer to enter degrees to rotate over the span that the Focus Trigger has effect as well as whether it should be CW or CCW. So for example I could enter 1440 degrees to rotate it 4 times.

The reason I would like it this way is that in order to meet backup with a different kind of focus trigger I need to match their angles and if I was to scale the mission or change its speed this would change the number of rotations doing it the way you suggested. Of course if we could have both options that would be great too :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde