Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

bang bang..

Reaction score
Hey guys..
I was wondering if anyone has had their i1 shot at while flying??
I'm sorry to say I have..
Today someone shot twice at my inspire while just flying around my home location..( I hope blade wasn't in town..lol..) ..
I'm pretty sure it was a long time resident that owns 20 acres..
My property is near by and I am aware she isn't happy about the drone flying over the outskirts of her property..
Said lady has threatened to shootmy phantom down so I generally stay away..
I'll check my video later to see if she tried to hit it or just make a point..
Anyway..my thought is doesn't she think I know where she lives..
Next thought ..lets just say she wouldnt like it..lol..
Anyway..what would you do if someone shot at your inspire with the intent to take it down ??
Bullet free flying..
Turbo..

Like this guy?

No ..not even man ..
I was 150 ft up and not even near the lady's house..
Like I said before I generally stay away from people who don't want me over their property...
Thing is she had a conversation with one of my neighbors and he acted like he didnt know anything about a drone flying around..
Its been months since this conversation..
Since then I moved my home point about 100 feet down the driveway to avoid her which means I don't fly from my house..
In the video you posted ooc this was a case off harassment and illegal..
Many places have new laws in effect for this reason..
That's not how I fly...
Also I could imagine what you would do ooc..lol..
Turbo..

Last edited:
Discharging a firearm like that is typically a violation of local ordinances at the very least.

Keep all your footage in case you need to prove you weren't endangering her or her property at very least.

Edit: might not be a bad idea to use the Shou app to make a video of the flights from the log part of the app in 1X or 2X speed and post them on a private YouTube or Vimeo link with password. Do the same with the raw footage.

If/when the armed neighbor escalates, you can have a "law enforcement ready pack" ready to go, complete with the links and passwords for the officers when they show up.

She will probably not stop and this may escalate so be prepared when she goes on the offensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I fear this all of the time. I shoot in my back yard and so do many of my neighbors so hearing guns go off does not surprise anyone. I know, however, that it is only a matter of time until someone thinks it would be fun to hit it. Only problem is, and you may want to warn your neighbor, that shooting at anything man made that does not belong to you and is not intended to be hit, is a crime. It is actually compounded by the fact that it is flying. That is another law broken only now we are talking federal level.

Since it is a neighbor my idea is always to be as honest and nice as possible. Let her know what your intentions are and maybe even get her phone number. Maybe she would like a heads up before you fly. I have one neighbor that asks that I call him before we shoot in our yard. I do not mind doing it as it is the neighborly thing to do. Better off having a good relationship with those around you when you can help it.

Call the police. If this is an old lady, chances of her vision being 20/20 are slim. Can you imagine for 1 second if she mistook an airliner or other small plane in the area as your drone and proceeded to attempt to shoot it down?? Americans will no longer need to worry about "terrorists"... pissed off senior citizens causing planes to fall out of the sky is scary enough . . . .

I didn't realize till recently that so many people hate drones so much, just the other day one of my neighbors that live literally 30 yrd from my house saw me flying outside the other day came up to me and asked me "does that thing have a camera?" I already knew right there he had a problem with it, then he started goin on about how his "GIRLFRIEND" that no one ever seen before said that its invading her privacy and if it comes near the house to shoot it down, I just kinda laughed wen he told me that, "if he only knew what I was thinking at the time" SMH. but am like dude I see way more of what ur doin at ur house jus by walking my dog down the sidewalk, I can see all though ur windowa and ur back yrd than a drone flying 70-80-100 feet in the air. then a few weeks later my neighbor across the street came up to my house and said he don't want it flying over his house, so I don't fly at my house anymore just to avoid problems. I don't see why the big deal with the drones, but then you have people every where with GOPROs and selfie sticks and they don't mind being in the video or the picture but they worried about something 100 feet in the air. JUST DONT GET IT.

I had an older guy come storming up to me and demanding to know why I was spying on him. I was flying at a holiday home I was staying at on the south coast of England. I was actually flying away from his house and out over the sea. Once I had the drone safely on the ground I explained I was getting shots of the cliffs and the ocean and was nowhere hear his house and with the wide angle lens I was using, detail on the ground would be minimal. He kept on at me and started shouting and swearing at which point I asked him, not very politely at all, why the f*** he thought he was interesting enough to be spied upon. I try to be conciliatory when people are concerned but this guy just rubbed me up the wrong way.

There is nothing new here really its just extension of the Big Camera syndrome.

Go anywhere near a beach with a DSLR and you get branded as a pervert but noone cares about the little point and shoot camera's

I got quized at a Public function once because of the gear I had. I hadn't seen this person quiz anyone with a smaller camera so I declinded to answer her questions she walked away in the end.

I now shoot landscapes in remote area's because people can just simply be difficult because they believe they have rights.

What is being lost here is the Street and Public Photography of years gone by in a 100 years time the people will wonder where all these images are.

I had an older guy come storming up to me and demanding to know why I was spying on him. I was flying at a holiday home I was staying at on the south coast of England. I was actually flying away from his house and out over the sea. Once I had the drone safely on the ground I explained I was getting shots of the cliffs and the ocean and was nowhere hear his house and with the wide angle lens I was using, detail on the ground would be minimal. He kept on at me and started shouting and swearing at which point I asked him, not very politely at all, why the f*** he thought he was interesting enough to be spied upon. I try to be conciliatory when people are concerned but this guy just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Remember when I a few years ago went on a tour of the archipelago in western Sweden. Had my camera equipment with me and used a large camera with a 300mm lens.
On the way back I stepped off the boat and looked out onto a headland, where I got the idea that I could get some nice pictures out to the islands there.
With an eye to the islands, I began to wander off and all of a sudden I hear people shouting angrily. It turns out that I go through the middle of a nudist beach, where people are sunbathing in various pits in the grass. :eek:
Here I came with the biggest camera and just walk around. Turned around and went home instead.. :)
No need to being beaten by naked men.. :D

Like this guy?

LOL!!! Total setup! not even the same drone in some of the ground shots! not to mention your not going to get that footage from that CHEAPY little H5C and how did they get the footage from it after it was shot down...??? HAHAH! Stupid gimmicky setup, publicity stunt!

LOL!!! Total setup! not even the same drone in some of the ground shots! not to mention your not going to get that footage from that CHEAPY little H5C and how did they get the footage from it after it was shot down...??? HAHAH! Stupid gimmicky setup, publicity stunt!
Hey flyingclint!!
I've been thinking about your post and was wondering if you're a detective or something like that or what?? Or do you watch a lot of c.s.i ??
I took this at face value like it was the truth..nothing seemed fishy to me until you pointed it out..
That makes me think about how much we are mislead by the news, and shows like this one, and that we actually use this information to make judgments..
Turbo.,.

Last edited:
Bottom line is.... she should go to jail just for firing a rifle into the air, it's one of the biggest no-no's of owning a rifle.

A basic .22 calibre rifle can kill someone 1.5 miles away if you shoot into the air, a .223 (or 5.56mm NATO round) has a kill range of something like 3 miles.

I live in the UK and have a fire-arms certificate, the minimum sentence for being caught doing this sort of thing is 5 years in jail and a hefty fine.

There is nothing new here really its just extension of the Big Camera syndrome.

Go anywhere near a beach with a DSLR and you get branded as a pervert but noone cares about the little point and shoot camera's

I got quized at a Public function once because of the gear I had. I hadn't seen this person quiz anyone with a smaller camera so I declinded to answer her questions she walked away in the end.

I now shoot landscapes in remote area's because people can just simply be difficult because they believe they have rights.

What is being lost here is the Street and Public Photography of years gone by in a 100 years time the people will wonder where all these images are.
Not to mention that today, most of those people will take a bunch of selfies and post them somewhere private like Facebook...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool