Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batt warning fell from sky

Okay i see what you mean, just thought that by turning off the battery its guaranteed that the craft is becoming a 3 kg brick falling down back to the ground, but by trying to land it maybe have at least a small chance to land?

but maybe its guaranteed shutting down anyway at 3 Volts.
Okay now i know, thanks..

Okay i see what you mean, just thought that by turning off the battery its guaranteed that the craft is becoming a 3 kg brick falling down back to the ground, but by trying to land it maybe have at least a small chance to land?

but maybe its guaranteed shutting down anyway at 3 Volts.
Okay now i know, thanks..
Many of us have said exactly that for a long time now. It's far better to destroy a battery pack and have a chance of saving the aircraft rather than just have the pack shut off when it hits low voltage cut-off point.
Unfortunately, DJI insist in using the 'Nanny' packs and will not change this stance.
In reality though, if someone is still flying at 3v on any cell the result will be the same.
Just be mindful of pack/cell voltage rather than percentage and you won't have any issues.
By monitoring cell voltage you will be alerted of a weak cell far earlier and have time to avert a crash.

I see new responses with valuable info from the editor. However , remember this was a one month old battery first charge first flight and dji didn't cover it under warranty. They charged 619.00 and sent back someone's else's aircraft that they repaired . The ac isn't like new but functions the gimbal makes horrible noises on startup. They want me to send it back again. I'd like them to exchange it so I'm not waiting another 8 wks .

Many of us have said exactly that for a long time now. It's far better to destroy a battery pack and have a chance of saving the aircraft rather than just have the pack shut off when it hits low voltage cut-off point.
Unfortunately, DJI insist in using the 'Nanny' packs and will not change this stance.
In reality though, if someone is still flying at 3v on any cell the result will be the same.
Just be mindful of pack/cell voltage rather than percentage and you won't have any issues.
By monitoring cell voltage you will be alerted of a weak cell far earlier and have time to avert a crash.

Yes i usually look at the voltage instead of the percentage, but whats the actual voltage when one needs to land?
Would that be around 3.5 Volts? Looking at your chart it looks as it starts to drop significantly around 3.4 Volts more or less?

Last edited:
Yes i usually look at the voltage instead of the percentage, but whats the actual voltage when one needs to land, i guess it´s much higher than 3 volts then?
You should be looking to be on deck at around 3.45v - 3.5v under load. This way your cells will rebound to around 3.7v after a minute or two which is perfect.

Not sure what others set as a limit. I suppose it depends on flight circumstances. If you 300 ft from home point or 1000 feet and at 400 ft alt. You need to start back at a higher voltage the further away you are. I want to be on the ground at 3.3. However since my fatal experience I just don't fly the inspire without auxiliary batteries anymore. I have 4 set of tp 2800 6s so I can fly for 90 minutes. If I need to fly longer then I'm faced with flying the remaining 5 tb47 which are emergency units by themselves or begin recharging my tb48's and aux batteries as they are used after they cool down.

Reactions: Kiwipete88

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop