Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am Evan from Greece (EUROPE) and i had the same
doubt...

So i bought ONE battery TATTU from Germany (1.8A) 22.2 6S and the clip from the UK Store.
Like you, i had 15-16 minutes of flight. And now with ONE extra battery at the rear site i have 22' !!!
Here is my video !!!
I could believe that it would go so far so i started to record at the RTH !!!!

Great foam flight and a great test!
However, I have questions - what capacity did the community show when launching?
Theoretically speaking, I dare to suggest that the battery processor can not more accurately determine the total capacity of the battery due to the difference in the voltage of the cells. Probably he could more accurately calculate the total capacity and total flight time, if you had an additional battery was LiHV - 22.8 V

Reactions: engelo
Your flight inspires hope and dreams for a longer flight.
It is necessary to calculate what maximum weight a drone can take without significant damage to the duration, and, based on these parameters, put a battery of this weight, with an appropriate capacity.
What was the weight of the extra battery?

Reactions: engelo
Great foam flight and a great test!
However, I have questions - what capacity did the community show when launching?
Theoretically speaking, I dare to suggest that the battery processor can not more accurately determine the total capacity of the battery due to the difference in the voltage of the cells. Probably he could more accurately calculate the total capacity and total flight time, if you had an additional battery was LiHV - 22.8 V

Hi,

The total capacity is the same as before the mod. I have 4 TB48's and the capacity is between 4,300mAh and 4,606 with 37charges. I also have a TB47 with 3,800 mAh with 26 cycles.

if you check my video the TB48 has 4,606mAh !!!

The amount of TB48 mAh's is the same even after connect the extra (1,800mAh) battery BUT the total flight time was 25:00. The real flight time after landing was 23'. Not bad ...

I'd like to test with a new LiHV battery next time but first i must test both batterys.

Reactions: ACDS
Your flight inspires hope and dreams for a longer flight.
It is necessary to calculate what maximum weight a drone can take without significant damage to the duration, and, based on these parameters, put a battery of this weight, with an appropriate capacity.
What was the weight of the extra battery?

The battery weights 283g. You are right. If you add weight you loose time. I believe one battery for X3 and 25'-28' for me is enough.

Last edited:
The total capacity is the same as before the mod. I have 4 TB48's and the capacity is between 4,300mAh and 4,606 with 37charges. I also have a TB47 with 3,800 mAh with 26 cycles
Yes, it turns out all right. the processor does not see the additional battery due to the voltage difference. I can assume that if you put an additional battery LiHV 22,8 v, the processor sums the power and the display in the application will calculate the percentage return Home and Landing - correct.

I can also assume that the rest of the charge on the extra battery after the flight was within 40-50 % ... Checked? How many ?

He he he only 10% !!!
thanks for the video respectively, but it was only 5 minute, im still looking for this advertised 25 30 minute flight, i dont care if it just hovers there for 30 minutes, and i do realize with the 10 dji drones i have, that hovering takes more of a strain than flying on batteries, i did alot of leg work, and true, they must be the 22.8 volt HV or HIV lipos and in dual 3s or single 6s configuration , and i do think direct solder to tb47 and tb48 mod is the best if you want to see it in your data map, caz the clip goes on after the intelligent battery system, and direct solder is before that, so that makes sense, but proof is in the pudding, this is and expensive trail and error deal, so even i am trying to do it without spending as much as a dji inspire 2 to get this done, i dont say its impossible, but i would like to see a bottom line mod, instead of the "what if i use this, or i do that" this is a large thread with no direct answers, so com-on guys.....lets work it out , lets make this mod simple for the people who want to do it, or even not so techy to just go buy the setup for big bucks.
so the things i know to be true ?
1. must be high voltage lipos with 22.8 volts, (bolt, thunder power) are names ive seen with 22.8
2. lipo direct solder mod is best, but i will still work off of clip for now, for all test before ruining a lipo
3. copper is better than brass clips, there is a high
resistance in amps with brass, i found that 10 mil copper is best
4. now i have to work on the weight to power ratio, BUT remember some people run a X5 camera, so if you run a X3 camera, you have alot of spare weight to use
5. there are some 3d printed mounts that connect to rear of inspire, the inspire 1 is already *** heavy, even with X3 camera for CG, so rear mounts are not a good idea, and connecting them on the arms seem ok, but your putting added stress to the DJI servo motor, and it might not end well at some piont

so that is some of the things i know, and its only my opinion
like i said.....lets get it done

All been worked out two years ago with Damon and I testing Dozens of batteries in various sizes, c ratings, configurations. The thunder power tp 2800 6s 25c in dual config provide the best value and performance . While the hv provide a couple more minutes the cost of chargers and batteries are not with the gain. You’ll get 25 min actual flight time with x5. 28 min x3, period. That’s the best you’ll get so don’t waist time and money . The clip works just as well as hard wired. I have 8 aux pairs , 4 had wired tb48 and use several with the clip. Use the bat wing to mount them. I’ve stopped replying to this thread mostly as this topic has been exhausted

All been worked out two years ago with Damon and I testing Dozens of batteries in various sizes, c ratings, configurations. The thunder power tp 2800 6s 25c in dual config provide the best value and performance . While the hv provide a couple more minutes the cost of chargers and batteries are not with the gain. You’ll get 25 min actual flight time with x5. 28 min x3, period. That’s the best you’ll get so don’t waist time and money . The clip works just as well as hard wired. I have 8 aux pairs , 4 had wired tb48 and use several with the clip. Use the bat wing to mount them. I’ve stopped replying to this thread mostly as this topic has been exhausted
Well im a new inspire 1 owner, and im trying to get more time, and as i am a skeptic, because you dont see many vids on topic, just alt of talk, and like i said its not impossible, and there will be more I1 owners, and for reasons i cant discuss, but I1 has many possibilities, but as its flight time is limited

there was talk of a mod that will replace I1 with I2 bateries, that would be a cool idea

I'd seen a comment about how the Inspire 1 can sense battery capacity. How exactly is it doing this? I'm a bit curious about that because I may mod a battery one day.

I'm no professional on the Intelligent battery but I've created a few Li-Po packs for unrelated projects. I'd imagine that the voltage and/or current output is monitored as a means to assume remaining capacity. Also, all cells in parallel should be "balance charged". The Intelligent battery appears to have issues as it is accurately determining capacity. Which may be a parallel cell voltage imbalance issue.

the smallest HV lipos offered by thunder power are 3500 now, i ordered 2, i cant find 2800 ??

i got 2 3s i will try that config first

3500 extra mah at 22.8

Oh wait................another idea.............2 mavic pro batteries...........another test awaits... they are light weight and about 3800 mah and 2 together make 22.8 volts..........
IMG_20180411_062606.jpg IMG_20180411_062618.jpg IMG_20180411_062644.jpg IMG_20180411_062655.jpg IMG_20180411_062702.jpg IMG_20180411_062711.jpg IMG_20180411_062726.jpg IMG_20180411_062753.jpg IMG_20180411_062815.jpg

Reactions: slim.slamma
DJI inspire 1 battery mod with 2 Mavic pro batteries................ time 17:07

You, Damon, and others did great in your team effort... it was a long read and beneficial. Agree the clip does pretty close to same performance, not a lot more resistance to be concerned and certainly an easier, & more practical solution.

On the best solution, recommendations for the TP 6S 2800 25C may be best duration, but at $75, $150 avg per set is pricy. I tried the MultiStar LiHV 3S 5200, 10C/25C @ $28 for $56 total. They range $28-32... depending on cycling sales. Used the FlyingHigh I1 Battery Mount (2 batteries), Liked the FlyingHigh model, little carbon sandwiched and nice fine clip that fits the I1 batter cage & 2 screws replaced with OEM for secure fit.

Used the adapter clip with a 2 Y Serial to Parallel for a HV 5200 mah. This raised my stock TB48 5400 single setup from an avg 15min to TB48 & saddle batteries for a 22-23 min while steady hover, 50F, 50F, 12-18 Gust ending.

As indicated it’s not the longest duration solution but it’ts a very low coat solution for an extra 10 minutes. The difference of $90 for 5-6 minutes wasn't ROI for my purposes.

Last edited:
Something must be wrong ?!?! Very poor time

WHY???? have you tried mavic batteries and gotten more time, remember they are 3 cell so takes 2 to make 6 cell, and so far every test has left me at 37-48 % power in backpack batteries, SO MAYBE, because i use clip, and not hard wired to tb47 lipo, that might be problem

but i will still keep trying, and use live time test, i will not post fake specs, i emailed 2 companies that build these kits, with no reply's, so its hard to believe there stats......sorry im a skeptic, i watch 2 minute or less youtube video's and in post it says, i got 28 minutes.......yeah i dont think so, i have 2 TP HV lipos but i have to make a cable for testing, they seem to have the right cell voltage, most lipos dont have the voltage per cell to make correct time, and i dont know it all, but i have 3 test so far, and none have come close to a advertised 28-30 minute.....

but please prove me wrong! i love critique

at least one company does not advertise run time, just says it advantage to stock lipo
but this ???
DJI Inspire Battery Mod TB48
Increased flight time 25 to 35+ min

Redundancy for emergency situations
More Power, minimal added weight, longer missions without stopping

all im saying, is i would watch a 35 min plus video on that flight, that is extreamely great for a inpire 1, seeing that most dual lipo inspire 2's cant cut that, and thats with high efficiency esc's and motor's

JUST SAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide