Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Reaction score
i would like to see that site to, please share, tb47 tb48 are getting harder and more $$$ need alternative thanks

hello,
I am watching attentive videos and contributions on the projectof flight time extension.
There are fixed calculation methods on the subject of flight time extension.
In short, it is indeed an interaction of, propeller, efficiency of the Brushless Motor and the performance of the batteries / weight.
Since the weight remains the same for the Inspire, you can only get the power out of the engine and the battery. (and software settings in flight)

It is also possible to limit the performance via the software to the extent that in flight (not just hovering) power peaks are limited and the flight time extended.
Do you reach with these batteries maybe more flight time?

(Replace that 12 cells from TB47)

3.7V 8.3 Wh
12 / 2 Cell (6)
34 x 96 x 96

570 g

VS

TopFuel-LiPo-10C-ECO-X-Light-5400mAh-6S

632 g

SLS-APL-7000mAh-6S1P-22-2V-25C-40C

836 g

Reaction score
Ok lads, I bought a bunch of TB47 or TB48 PCBs as the cells were already removed and I hooked one of them up with a regular 22.2 5000mah LiPo and to a PC running bqstudio. The PCB has test points for the SMBus that connects the bq78530 to the MSP530 so the software can talk to the battery manager IC. I can read the registers and I can tell it is a TB48 as the Max cell capacity is larger than a TB47. The question is, will I be able to UNSEAL it and edit the params? I need to read the bq78350 pdfs and the bqstudio docs to understand how to do that and hopefully DJI used the default password... My plan B is to solder two 0.002Ohm resistors in parallel to the two already on the PCBs. This way the charging and discharging currents will be read as half of what they really are allowing to recell the PCB with a Lipo or LipoHV with double the capacity (or use some other value to prorate the currents to match the new cell capacity). If anyone knows what password did DJI use for UNSEAL the bq78350? :). BTW if anyone has ever wondered what is the max allowed charge current/voltage for a TB48, they are right there in the screen capture, 26.1V and 8.55A). Ciao!

Attachments

Reaction score
First post here but on the same hunt as the rest of you. Saw these within a inspire group on Facebook. Gives some info on the batteries used. And I've found a link to where you can purchase similar products maybe built by the same individual. I'll post it once I find it

Attachments

Reactions: Computercowboy
Reaction score
First post here but on the same hunt as the rest of you. Saw these within a inspire group on Facebook. Gives some info on the batteries used. And I've found a link to where you can purchase similar products maybe built by the same individual. I'll post it once I find it
Please post the link

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tb48s battery would work in the i1 ?

Reaction score
I found the link but it has become inactive, I'll post his Facebook info tho. I thought about the same thing about the matrices batteries with the TB48D. Maybe they are the same size and just the tops could be switched.

Attachments

Reaction score
Well I make another post in hope that people are still trying to progress with this. Going down rabbit holes the other night. So seeing that the board under the battery top is just a power control board, could it possibly just be replaced with something not produced from DJI? Also stumbled across some cells that might be something to look into.

Attachments

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot-DSD