Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here have software and know how to use ev2300 ??? let me know
Do you mean software to program DJI smart board? And instructions how to do it? And a variety of raw LiPo cells to experiment with? Give me a $10K fund and I'm willing to go to Shenzhen, source the parts and develop a solution ;)...

Do you mean software to program DJI smart board? And instructions how to do it? And a variety of raw LiPo cells to experiment with? Give me a $10K fund and I'm willing to go to Shenzhen, source the parts and develop a solution ;)...
dont really need cells, if you can access the BMS dji code, you can change all the settings, unseal and reseal and use any lipo you want..( you wont get the time you need till you find the right packs)....its easier than we think, plus i asked, caz i think i have code to tb batteries, just looking for a local boy that know TI software, the 12000 and 9000 mah are both made with PHANTOM 4 cells, the MAvic pro 17300 mah i got is made with FIMI lipos

dont really need cells, if you can access the BMS dji code, you can change all the settings, unseal and reseal and use any lipo you want..( you wont get the time you need till you find the right packs)....its easier than we think, plus i asked, caz i think i have code to tb batteries, just looking for a local boy that know TI software, the 12000 and 9000 mah are both made with PHANTOM 4 cells, the MAvic pro 17300 mah i got is made with FIMI lipos
Roy, software thing is one issue, but getting raw cells from China is another ... I was just f.....d badly by a Chinese AliEpress merchant who sent me fake TB48 cells of unknown specs, charging 191.00 USD!

No, it's not THAT easy! Not ANY LiPo cells can be used, only HV of very low discharge rate (approx. 10-15C) are suitable for such application ...

my 20th mod had to do with full rebuild of head with balance leads, and i used a 15000 mah HV thunder power pack, but after 2nd flight (29-30 minutes, on my youtube channel, it only failed because i brought all cells below 3% and even though i charge ever cell 1 by 1, the head went into PF.................and im talking with another asian man who did the same thing, with a 10000 and its on youtube,(i cant find it now) but its working......watch my next vid, you can use PHANTOM 4 batteries, takes 2.5 packs to make 12000 and 2 packs to make 9000, i show some of the 9000 board.....but no secrets.....LOL

I'm beginning to wonder if I should keep both of my Inspire 1 v2's with the X5's after all. I was pretty upset with DJI for discontinuing the TB48s.

Frankenstein I1

Roy, don't get me wrong, please ... Yes, you can do this and that, make your Inspire flying 20 minutes and more, experiment with a plethora of LiPo cells or prefab packs etc. etc.... Sooner or later you realize that the amount of money and time you've spent on each experiment is ridiculous ... Take the cost of raw LiPo cells for example, all without exception made in China ... They know very well how badly we need these cells ... They will milk stupid Americans like there's no tomorrow ... A single 2850mAh cell for TB48 battery is priced at $7-10 ... x 12 = 100 bucks easy ... Still not too bad, but add approx. $100 for shipping to USA and you have $200 spent for just raw cells of unknown quality and uncertain parameters ... Replacing these cells is a task only the most skilled technician may successfully attempt ... It is a great project to proof that you CAN, but no, thank you ... I will pass ...

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Roy, don't get me wrong, please ... Yes, you can do this and that, make your Inspire flying 20 minutes and more, experiment with a plethora of LiPo cells or prefab packs etc. etc.... Sooner or later you realize that the amount of money and time you've spent on each experiment is ridiculous ... Take the cost of raw LiPo cells for example, all without exception made in China ... They know very well how badly we need these cells ... They will milk stupid Americans like there's no tomorrow ... A single 2850mAh cell for TB48 battery is priced at $7-10 ... x 12 = 100 bucks easy ... Still not too bad, but add approx. $100 for shipping to USA and you have $200 spent for just raw cells of unknown quality and uncertain parameters ... Replacing these cells is a task only the most skilled technician may successfully attempt ... It is a great project to proof that you CAN, but no, thank you ... I will pass ...
i do it to fiddle.......i do have $$$$$ into the mods......but my **** ups teach others shortcuts.......at least thats worth it......i have another piggy back one coming.....i think i found another work around.......but maybe not......but its fun to tinker........i have many tb48's, there in great heath....the problem people dont pay attention to storage......when the go to low, you loose the head.....BUT it dont means its dead, if you look at the Spark generation.....i have 1 of those, those cells go to sleep before they reach dead cell status, SO all you do is plug them in, and the charge.....the inspire BMS BQ chip is designed to tell you at full charge after a long set of charges that your cell health is 80-70% but i sent mine to a friend and he put battery on ev2300 and reset the 48 to 100% and charges set at 1, i will be testing when weather gets good, he told me ...."lipos degrade, but not as fast as BMS settings tell you....DJI settings" so we will see, he says the biggest killer is puffed cells.....they are junk

The big issue is you DO NOT want to be out flying and have a cell drop and have the drone shut off and drop from the sky.

If you notice there is no history of Inspire 1 failures with having them just die mid-flight. The amount of liability is MASSIVE on a product like this, thus they do the "safe" and "right" thing and be overly aggressive with the battery life indicator.

I am sure all of us would rather make sure we come home and land with a little reserve than running it to the line and risking it falling out of the sky.

Also, LiPo battery are not meant to be run under a certain voltage. Once you do they ARE compromised. That is part of the agressive nature of the management system in that it takes every little dip too low into consideration. Just heavy throttling drops the cell voltages below the "damage point"... Not that a LOT of damage is occurring, but it is still hurting the pack... Again, why they are so aggressive in the reduction of capacity.

Lastly, the LiPo batteries used by DJI are VERY high quality. It is very expensive for batteries of that quality that can take the abuse on a regular basis they can and still perform as well as they do. And, yes, aging comes into the "wear" factor of the batteries and that is also calculated by the management system, thus to "reset" the management system is just putting you closer to possible catastrophic failure.

Ultimately, people will always complain when money is involved, but it isn't necessarily a "bad" thing to have things be so agressive if it keeps everything safe. Look at car engines... Sooooo many could make more power reliably and efficiently, just that they have no interest if it means more warranty claims or all out failures, even at high miles that are out of warranty. Call it protecting the consumer. Manufacturers can't guarantee that an end user is going to do all that they are supposed to do in the operation, so you do what you can to "make" them as safe as you can.

I mean honestly, if you want LiPo batteries to last the longest, then you would NEVER, EVER fast charge one. Also the stock chargers are great, but far from infallible, in that I have 4 stock "regular" chargers and only 2 are reliable, a third goes out of spec when it gets hot and the last is out of spec all the time. I also have a 180w DJI quick charger for use with their 4-port charging hub and it specs just fine, but is of the size that it doesn't heat up like the smaller "regular" ones do. I also have a Smart Powercharge Inspire 1 charger as well that specs out the best for charging these batteries.

Reactions: cruzroy
If I had Inspire 1 battery in hands, I would add support to my program...URL removed by moderator
Unfortunately, I don't have any, but if someone has bms that don't need, even locked, I can pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had Inspire 1 battery in hands, I would add support to my program...URL removed by moderator
Unfortunately, I don't have any, but if someone has bms that don't need, even locked, I can pay for it.
If you wish to advertise on the forum please sign up for an approved vendor account.
Thank you.

I connected two 3s batteries to 2200 with a total of 22.2 volts and saw that the extra batteries charge the main battery, is this normal?

I connected two 3s batteries to 2200 with a total of 22.2 volts and saw that the extra batteries charge the main battery, is this normal?
No, it is not normal and it is not good. The idea is to use aux batteries of identical internal resistance and voltage when fully charged. The current flow between these two totally independent circuits is unavoidable anyway. This is a hit'n'miss approach, unfortunately ...

.Thank you very much for your answer

Attachments

• IMG_20210421_115118.jpg
    IMG_20210421_115118.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
it finally worked properly with the two 3s batteries in the series I only have 3 minutes extra time, even though the batteries were still 39%. The dji program struck because the main battery had dropped to 20% .... Conclusion? batteries with the same discharge rate as the dji battery, and also with a larger capacity. My battery has a capacity of 4139mha ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-21-14-13-06-185_dji.pilot.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-21-14-13-06-185_dji.pilot.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo